Will Miami start taking calls on Hill?

RoscoeParrish

After last night, Tua’s career may be in jeopardy. 

Tyreek has a base salary of only $1.2M this season. The Dolphins trading him now will accelerate his cap hit for next season, but still save them money. He’s already 30 and most speed guys don’t have much longer shelf life at that age.

If I was Miami, I think I move on now while I can still recoup some value. But they probably have a different opinion. 

So what do you think? Does Hill finish the season in a Dolphin uniform?

• Like (+1) 1

Even if they wanted to what would the return be?  Would he bring back what Diggs did, a 2nd rounder?

What teams would be willing to trade assets for a guy who brings off the field worries?  They can't trade him in the AFC for sure during the season that would be a nightmare for them.

The Rams maybe?  

Have to think his market would be very small if he were available considering the baggage that comes with him.

If he can beat up some more women or kill some dogs in the near future he would be perfect to go back to KC with scumbag Andy Reid.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Even if they wanted to what would the return be?  Would he bring back what Diggs did, a 2nd rounder?

What teams would be willing to trade assets for a guy who brings off the field worries?  They can't trade him in the AFC for sure during the season that would be a nightmare for them.

The Rams maybe?  

Have to think his market would be very small if he were available considering the baggage that comes with him.

If he can beat up some more women or kill some dogs in the near future he would be perfect to go back to KC with scumbag Andy Reid.

I bet Chicago would be dumb enough to do that Trade.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

1st rounder and the Commanders should do it.  I could see Arizona or the Pats in on the talks but you have to give Jayden Daniels something to start his career. On the rookie contract he's cheap and by the time Hill is in decline (2-3 years?) the Commanders should be in a better situation (in terms of drafting WRs)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

I bet Chicago would be dumb enough to do that Trade.

They are loaded at wr.  DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and Rome Odunze.

Williams looked like he is going to have a hard time getting them the ball all year as it is.  Titans Defense is better than people realize but still Chicago I can't imagine would ever even consider something like that.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

They are loaded at wr.  DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and Rome Odunze.

Williams looked like he is going to have a hard time getting them the ball all year as it is.  Titans Defense is better than people realize but still Chicago I can't imagine would ever even consider something like that.

I forgot they drafted Odunze for some reason.  I can't see them trading him to an AFC team so maybe Rams?

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

1st rounder and the Commanders should do it.  I could see Arizona or the Pats in on the talks but you have to give Jayden Daniels something to start his career. On the rookie contract he's cheap and by the time Hill is in decline (2-3 years?) the Commanders should be in a better situation (in terms of drafting WRs)

1st rounder?  That is crazy.  If someone gives up a first rounder they have lost their mind at this point.  Diggs cost a second in next years draft so I would imagine someone could offer them like a 2026 conditional 2nd or something.  

I mean hill is not getting traded anyway but if he was I can't imagine anyone giving up a first rounder.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

1st rounder?  That is crazy.  If someone gives up a first rounder they have lost their mind at this point.  Diggs cost a second in next years draft so I would imagine someone could offer them like a 2026 conditional 2nd or something.  

I mean hill is not getting traded anyway but if he was I can't imagine anyone giving up a first rounder.

Tyreek Hill is better than Diggs. His two years as a Dolphins: 1750 yards, 10 TDs, 119 catches is his average. He also doesn't have the "locker room cancer" label that Diggs has. If Diggs loses a step he's bad. If Hill loses a step he's still a #2 WR. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

As I said all offseason...that team is a mess, they were going to take a step back, they were unwise with how they spent money, and Grier and probably McDaniels will be in the hotseat or fired end of season when they miss the playoffs.  And that was before Tua got hurt.

I think the only thing that "might" save Grier's job is if Tua retires and he can lean into that as a curveball that derailed their plans...even though, with Tua, the team was still exposed as being a poorly constructed roster and a master class on why just assembling a track team is not gonna get you far in the NFL.  

So I would expect them to move anyone and everything and load up on draft capital and eat those cap hits to clear the cap out and rebuild around youth if Tua retires.  But Grier sucks, so he probably won't do that and try and salvage just enough of the season to where they don't get that top 3 draft pick for a QB

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2