Bass FG miss tipped?

Dr. K

Tipped or not tipped.  Slipped plant foot or not.  It just isn't a good thing with a miss like that.

Bass should know the field conditions and adjust if needed.

Whether it was tipped or not I have noticed lots of Bass's kicks are on the low trajectory side.

He is still in some sort of a slump, and I just want him to get out of it.  Missing that kick doesn't help the situation.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Tipped or not tipped.  Slipped plant foot or not.  It just isn't a good thing with a miss like that.

Whether it was tipped or not I have noticed lots of Bass's kicks are on the low trajectory side.

He is still in some sort of a slump, and I just want him to get out of it.  Missing that kick doesn't help the situation.

See post below 👇🏼 

7 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

He was 3-3 before that kick...

6 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

See post below 👇🏼 

I know his stats.  He made 3 of 3 from inside the 43.  His problems are the longer kicks.

I for sure am not a Bass "hater" but no one can convince me he is not totally right in one way or another.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

Was Bass's second field goal attempt, which went very wide left, tipped, or did he just miss it? I can't tell from the replay. 

I was feeling encouraged about his coming back into form until that happened. 

It sure looked as if it was hit ! That was a terrible miss & i don't know that (or would like to think) Bass as good as he is couldn't shank one that bad so my vote goes to it was hit by the D line !! 

58 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I just watched the replay from last night, taped it on NFL Network since they rerun TNF at 0dark30 Friday.  Snap and hold damn near perfect.  Bass's plant foot slides like 4-6 inches on the turf.  None of the Fish rushers got anywhere near the ball.  Pitch was shyte, as the Scots would say...

If his plant foot slid, then Im not upset with him at all. It falls under **** happens, as he can't control that.

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bull ****.  He is Human, he is going to miss some and as someone else pointed out he was 3-3 before that. **** happens.

2 minutes ago, syhuang said:

just watch the reply. It's not tipped, no defender's hand is close to the ball.

The Dolphins defender that did the 'tipped ball' gesture was nowhere near it. I think he assumed it had to be tipped based on the awful trajectory of the kick.

Watching the replay I'm not convinced Bass slipped on the turf. His plant foot moved as part of the kicking motion, but I don't think it was the turf.  

It looks like he had a lousy approach and misplaced his left foot. Then as he kicks it he was so out of position his left foot lifts up and he does an awkward jump skip to compensate. 

Tough to tell without slow-mo though. I'm just spamming the pause/play button on the one angle Amazon gave us

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I thought he might have had his plant foot slip...only thing that really makes sense to hit a ball that badly. Especially since players were slipping all over the place all night. Didn't see the replay, that was my first thought when I saw him hit it.

Me too.  It was an ugly miss.  He did miss one just like that in the return of the blue and red, though.  A similarly ugly pull. 

38 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agreed at the end of last year.  Remember the block in the Pittsburgh game?   I thought it was stupid, sitting in the stadium,  to even attempt that kick because his prior efforts hit that day were also very low.  And, especially kicking in that direction(into the wind) and from distance, it was bound to come out low. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Agreed at the end of last year.  Remember the block in the Pittsburgh game?   I thought it was stupid, sitting in the stadium,  to even attempt that kick because his prior efforts hit that day were also very low.  And, especially kicking in that direction(into the wind) and from distance, it was bound to come out low. 

I just want him to get his confidence level back up.  That missed didn't help do that.

He's got to work through this.