Bass FG miss tipped?

Dr. K

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I looked at the highlights, and I'm pretty convinced that it was not tipped.  There was a Dolphins player who jumped up with a hand, but I found a shot where it looked as though the ball was heading wide L before it got to the Dolphins defenders.  I do think Bass slipped a bit as he planted to kick, though, which considering how everyone else on the field was slipping and falling would not be a huge shock.

This could definitely be it. Something seemed off as he was kicking. Slipped or hold idk but something def looked odd. 

6 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

It rained earlier in the day I think but that was the worst I have seen it in Miami don’t remember it being so slick 

It’s been raining almost every day for a couple of weeks now. Also very humid it never dries out 

I just watched the replay from last night, taped it on NFL Network since they rerun TNF at 0dark30 Friday.  Snap and hold damn near perfect.  Bass's plant foot slides like 4-6 inches on the turf.  None of the Fish rushers got anywhere near the ball.  Pitch was shyte, as the Scots would say...

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I've made the conscious decision to have faith in every player on this team.

I realized that faith is a choice, and not dependent on outside circumstances. And furthermore, people respond to people having faith in them. 

"Losing confidence" in a psyche oriented position like Kicker isn't going to do my psyche any good, and definitely not his. And it's not like it's my call if we should get another one. So I just faith and confidence. 

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I just watched the replay from last night, taped it on NFL Network since they rerun TNF at 0dark30 Friday.  Snap and hold damn near perfect.  Bass's plant foot slides like 4-6 inches on the turf.  None of the Fish rushers got anywhere near the ball.  Pitch was shyte, as the Scots would say...

figured as much...only thing that explains it being mishit that badly normally. I've had that happen...it sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I am not particularly confident in Bass either. His body language has been crap. He’s lost his swag. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he needs to make an important kick, but things are looking grim. 

A couple of years ago I named my fantasy team Swaggy Bass…No more

Edited by Marlton Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I believe one of the announcers mentioned that the kick may have been tipped due to it being such a bad miss, but I haven't seen a replay confirming this. In my opinion, Bass doesn't seem to have confidence when kicking from the left hashmark. I hope he got injured during the kick and will have to go on IR. At this point, he's a liability.

I have the game recorded…will report back

• Like (+1) 1

I just watched the replay (also if you have amazon prime you can watch the replay as well).

It's hard to see but going from the audio you can hear the ball hitting Bass's foot and then a slap right afterwards.  The angle of the kick looked good coming off the ground so I will speculate that it was likely tipped at the line.

I'll see if I can get a video

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I am not particularly confident in Bass either. His body language has been crap. He’s lost his swag. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he needs to make an important kick, but things are looking grim. 

T-Bass should channel Andy Reid's great quote... when things look grim, be the grim reaper.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I believe one of the announcers mentioned that the kick may have been tipped due to it being such a bad miss, but I haven't seen a replay confirming this. In my opinion, Bass doesn't seem to have confidence when kicking from the left hashmark. I hope he got injured during the kick and will have to go on IR. At this point, he's a liability.

What the hell is the matter with you? Wishing someone to be injured?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1