Bass FG miss tipped?

Dr. K

I believe one of the announcers mentioned that the kick may have been tipped due to it being such a bad miss, but I haven't seen a replay confirming this. In my opinion, Bass doesn't seem to have confidence when kicking from the left hashmark. I hope he got injured during the kick and will have to go on IR. At this point, he's a liability.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Was Bass's second field goal attempt, which went very wide left, tipped, or did he just miss it? I can't tell from the replay. 

I was feeling encouraged about his coming back into form until that happened. 

I looked at the highlights, and I'm pretty convinced that it was not tipped.  There was a Dolphins player who jumped up with a hand, but I found a shot where it looked as though the ball was heading wide L before it got to the Dolphins defenders.  I do think Bass slipped a bit as he planted to kick, though, which considering how everyone else on the field was slipping and falling would not be a huge shock.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I looked at the highlights, and I'm pretty convinced that it was not tipped.  There was a Dolphins player who jumped up with a hand, but I found a shot where it looked as though the ball was heading wide L before it got to the Dolphins defenders.  I do think Bass slipped a bit as he planted to kick, though, which considering how everyone else on the field was slipping and falling would not be a huge shock.

That’s what it looked like live a slip and he just hit it bad because of it 

that field sucks 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I have lost all confidence in the guy and I'm terrified of where this is trending.  This guy could seriously lose us a(nother) playoff game or, God forbid, choke away a Super Bowl.  I really wish Beane had looked to upgrade the position in the offseason.  

There were more important areas to upgrade.

• Agree 1

I thought he might have had his plant foot slip...only thing that really makes sense to hit a ball that badly. Especially since players were slipping all over the place all night. Didn't see the replay, that was my first thought when I saw him hit it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

That’s what it looked like live a slip and he just hit it bad because of it 

that field sucks 

Was it misting or something, and the field was greasy?

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I saw a Dolphins player doing the "tipped" hand motion immediately after the kick when watching it live. Cannot confirm whether it was or not, but at least one Dolphins player seemed to think it was.

Never believe an opposing player on whether a catch is good or a ball is tipped.

• Like (+1) 1