Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

I think Buffalo rolls.  Jacksonville is more desperate but overall are disjointed.  I like Buffalo Dline and Oline in this matchup.  This smells like the game a defensive Co ordinator is going to “take away” the run.   Bigger bodies 3 line-bakers and load boxes.  Allen has his best game of the season. 

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Not that it matters but I don't like granting these awards based solely on stats.

Yes Ingram played very good game and had 2 interceptions which is awesome, but to my eye he wasn't even best Bills defender in that game.

At least Oliver and Benford were much better, even if it doesn't show on the stat sheet.

But these awards are completely irrelevant anyway so who cares :)

32 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Buffalo rolls.  Jacksonville is more desperate but overall are disjointed.  I like Buffalo Dline and Oline in this matchup.  This smells like the game a defensive Co ordinator is going to “take away” the run.   Bigger bodies 3 line-bakers and load boxes.  Allen has his best game of the season. 

Allen had a very good 139 passing yard game last week.  Just efficient and capitalized when the opportunity was there.  That's not happening to Josh two weeks in a row.  He's going off and I will be there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen had a very good 139 passing yard game last week.  Just efficient and capitalized when the opportunity was there.  That's not happening to Josh two weeks in a row.  He's going off and I will be there.

I hope that is exactly what happens.  He has about 150 yards passing and the team is up double digits in the fourth quarter.  That means they played great defense, got takeaways again and are running the ball well, most importantly scoring touchdowns.

The Bills are going to crush this team, judging from their first 2 games this season. At least that's the way it should turn out. Plus, there are enough guys still around that remember that game in London. I can't remember a single game where so many players were lost to injury as that one. It was the most annoying game to watch because the Bills knew they were the better team but their guys were dropping like flies after getting hit by a can of Raid. One right after another. It was truly unbelievable.

Just now, Rockinon said:

The Bills are going to crush this team, judging from their first 2 games this season. At least that's the way it should turn out. Plus, there are enough guys still around that remember that game in London. I can't remember a single game where so many players were lost to injury as that one. It was the most annoying game to watch because the Bills knew they were the better team but their guys were dropping like flies after getting hit by a can of Raid. One right after another. It was truly unbelievable.

If memory serves the Bills had an opportunity to start taking control of this game early in the 2nd Half when a drive stalled due to an elementary dropped pass by ... Gave Davis.  Pretty sure this was also the game that Diggs lost a 1-1 battle with a little DB that ended in an interception.  Good riddance to both of them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mbowman14 said:

If memory serves the Bills had an opportunity to start taking control of this game early in the 2nd Half when a drive stalled due to an elementary dropped pass by ... Gave Davis.  Pretty sure this was also the game that Diggs lost a 1-1 battle with a little DB that ended in an interception.  Good riddance to both of them.

Funny, I don't remember that. I was so upset by all of the guys going down. I don't usually yell during a game but I sure was pissed during that one...lol

2 minutes ago, mbowman14 said:

that's right!  Also, does anyone else remember the Jags kept killing us all day with the same 15-20 yard out Trever kept throwing to his receivers, mostly Ridley and Kirk?  They kept running the same route and sitting down in just the right spot in our zone (behind the CB and in front of the safety).  That one play killed us all day as our pass rush was never able to push Lawrence off his spot.  

The team that I hate the most for the Bills to play.  Even back in the days when Tony Boselli would manhandle Bruce like a kid or when they gave the 90’s Bills their first playoff home loss there aren’t any great memories ever that I can think of other than Flutie runing that bootleg in for the winning TD in ‘98.  Feels like the Bills are snakebit vs that franchise.  

Edited by ChrisWatson#21

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve never been impressed with Lawrence but he seems to play his best football against the Bills!   Hoping that ends Monday

Well we've only played him twice and the first time he led his team to 9 points. Our bigger problem in those two games is that our offense couldn't move the ball consistently.

Every time I watch Lawrence play I come away unimpressed, at least relative to his status as a "generational prospect." You can see all the high level technical skills that made him the 1st overall pick. There is just something missing. It's like he's a robot built to play QB with optimal mechanics and technique, but he lacks the natural feel for the game that the elite QBs have. The safety he took against Cleveland is a great example. He kind of drifts into the sack and just lets it happen. I've never seen him take over a game when his team needed him to. He's more of a refined thrower than a true football player IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve never been impressed with Lawrence but he seems to play his best football against the Bills!   Hoping that ends Monday

We've played him twice and in one of those games he had 118 yards and scored 9 points. 

People here are losing their gd minds over this matchup.

Edited by Process
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Process said:

We've played him twice and in one of those games he had 118 yards and scored 9 points. 

People here are losing their gd minds over this matchup.

That true.. I just know the last time we played JAX he seemed to make a number of big throws including the bomb to Ridley over Hyde. 

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well we've only played him twice and the first time he led his team to 9 points. Our bigger problem in those two games is that our offense couldn't move the ball consistently.

Every time I watch Lawrence play I come away unimpressed, at least relative to his status as a "generational prospect." You can see all the high level technical skills that made him the 1st overall pick. There is just something missing. It's like he's a robot built to play QB with optimal mechanics and technique, but he lacks the natural feel for the game that the elite QBs have. The safety he took against Cleveland is a great example. He kind of drifts into the sack and just lets it happen. I've never seen him take over a game when his team needed him to. He's more of a refined thrower than a true football player IMO.

We have the same opinion on Lawrence.

I really don't care how desperate Jacksonville is.  

MNF at home on extended rest against a team that has inexplicably had your number in recent years...

Take care of business and bury them.

We have a better DL and OL.. should own the trenches, and it's time for Josh Allen to take vengeance on this team that keeps giving him fits. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1