This has the makings for a classic trap let down game

Jags look terrible

Bills coming off huge win

National TV

Three huge road games after this game

The script couldn't be any more classic

Seeing what Cardinals are doing today maybe this defense is special however

Hopefully McDermott finds a way to have them prepared 

It's not in London...I like our chances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jags look terrible

National TV

I don’t know how we could look past them after what happened last year

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That giving the jags an extra week in London before the bills game thing was absolutely ridiculous still I don’t care what anyone says lol

Thank the NFL for their "experiment" to see what would happen in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thank the NFL for their "experiment" to see what would happen in that situation.

My favorite part of that ordeal was people saying things like ‘I travel overseas for business and I’m not that tired’ like their desk job is similar to playing a professional sport at the highest possible level 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jags look terrible

National TV

I'm not too worried about trap games if the offensive line and running game continue to perform. If we are getting into trouble passing or on defense we can slow things down and lean on the running game. In past years if things weren't working the plan was to have Allen run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

My favorite part of that ordeal was people saying things like ‘I travel overseas for business and I’m not that tired’ like their desk job is similar to playing a professional sport at the highest possible level 🤣

I was actually surprised...traveled to Europe for Vacation and was there 3 weeks...had almost no issues when I got there but when I got back to the US I had brain fog for a week and was constantly tired and taking 2 hours naps after dinner, then still sleeping 8+ hours at night.

So weird how it seems to effect you much worse on the return than when you are going

Watched Browns @ Jags so you don’t have to. 😂

Here’s a scouting report… for what it’s worth…

Mostly cloudy day, meaning Cleveland lucked out not having to experience intense sun in dark unis. Spotty rain was falling from the second Q onward.

Jags had trouble sustaining drives. Not a great third down conversion team.

Gabe Davis does not get separation. He’s not fast. Lawrence found him a few times, but he’s not someone having a big impact on the passing game. Mack Hollins may be an upgrade because he plays special teams and can also run block, which everyone told me was Gabe’s best asset.

I’m so tired of hearing analysts say “Bills don’t have Gabe Davis.” So what? He’s irrelevant —perhaps a weak link for the Jags’ offense. Had he never played with Josh Allen nobody would have ever heard of him.

Trevor Lawrence didn’t do much to impress. He’s a VET qb who takes what the D gives him. He nearly threw a pick 6 in the second Q and got lucky. Following play, he had the longest run of his career for 33 yards. Settled for a field goal after an incompletion in the end zone intended for Davis.

Jags O is definitely not firing on all cylinders… it was a home game for them but they struggled to find a rhythm.  Had some momentum in the second half with two scoring drives. Had a TD taken off the board because of an illegal shift. Settled for a FG.

The exception was the long bomb (66 yards) to Brian Thomas Jr, which came late in the third. It was a one-on-one win for the rookie. Two plays later Etienne ran it in for a short TD, their only one on the day.

Jags do have a pass rush. Bills need to try to stay out of third and long situations.

I focused less on Cleveland as we don’t play them.. but…

Cleveland had a 16 play TD drive in the first Q, kept alive by a BS roughing the passer in which Watson literally wasn’t even touched. Even if the defender doesn’t touch the QB… he might get a personal foul for moving too aggressively toward the QB. Embarrassing. Watson drew ANOTHER BS roughing call in the second half with an acting job. 

Overall, Watson didn’t make any big mistakes. Stefanski called a good game for a team that must have been feeling the heat after the abysmal performance the previous week.  

Jerry Jeudy is a stud and will make plays when given the opportunity. Wasted talent with mediocre QB.

Finally, Jim Schwartz still knows how to coach D. Amazingly, it looks like he hasn’t aged a day since leaving Buffalo all those years ago.

Boring game overall. Two total TDs. Awful officiating. Neither club strikes me as playoff caliber.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jags look terrible

National TV

they don't exist but why would the Bills letdown? 2-0 start, big road win and chance to go 3-0

15 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The Jags have lost 7 of their last 8 games I just read.  Is that right? I am to lazy to look it up.

They will be beyond desperate monday night.  Hopefully they take big risks throughout the game and make a bunch of mistakes.

Well Trevor Lawrence got hurt last year so that may or may not have something to do with it. Though he's starting to have the b word attained to him. I was helping someone in a Dynasty Superflex league and had him pick Trevor over Tua because even though Tua is better he was one hit away from being done. Trevor has not impressed at all

6 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Watched Browns @ Jags so you don’t have to. 😂

Here’s a scouting report… for what it’s worth…

Mostly cloudy day, meaning Cleveland lucked out not having to experience intense sun in dark unis. Spotty rain was falling from the second Q onward.

Jags had trouble sustaining drives. Not a great third down conversion team.

Gabe Davis does not get separation. He’s not fast. Lawrence found him a few times, but he’s not someone having a big impact on the passing game. Mack Hollins may be an upgrade because he plays special teams and can also run block, which everyone told me was Gabe’s best asset.

I’m so tired of hearing analysts say “Bills don’t have Gabe Davis.” So what? He’s irrelevant —perhaps a weak link for the Jags’ offense. Had he never played with Josh Allen nobody would have ever heard of him.

Trevor Lawrence didn’t do much to impress. He’s a VET qb who takes what the D gives him. He nearly threw a pick 6 in the second Q and got lucky. Following play, he had the longest run of his career for 33 yards. Settled for a field goal after an incompletion in the end zone intended for Davis.

Jags O is definitely not firing on all cylinders… it was a home game for them but they struggled to find a rhythm.  Had some momentum in the second half with two scoring drives. Had a TD taken off the board because of an illegal shift. Settled for a FG.

The exception was the long bomb (66 yards) to Brian Thomas Jr, which came late in the third. It was a one-on-one win for the rookie. Two plays later Etienne ran it in for a short TD, their only one on the day.

Jags do have a pass rush. Bills need to try to stay out of third and long situations.

I focused less on Cleveland as we don’t play them.. but…

Cleveland had a 16 play TD drive in the first Q, kept alive by a BS roughing the passer in which Watson literally wasn’t even touched. Even if the defender doesn’t touch the QB… he might get a personal foul for moving too aggressively toward the QB. Embarrassing. Watson drew ANOTHER BS roughing call in the second half with an acting job. 

Overall, Watson didn’t make any big mistakes. Stefanski called a good game for a team that must have been feeling the heat after the abysmal performance the previous week.  

Jerry Jeudy is a stud and will make plays when given the opportunity. Wasted talent with mediocre QB.

Finally, Jim Schwartz still knows how to coach D. Amazingly, it looks like he hasn’t aged a day since leaving Buffalo all those years ago.

Boring game overall. Two total TDs. Awful officiating. Neither club strikes me as playoff caliber.

I’ve never been impressed with Lawrence but he seems to play his best football against the Bills!   Hoping that ends Monday

The Browns D line gave Jags a lot of issues. Lawrence held the ball a bit longer than Tua but not as long as Murray. Etienne and Thomas are studs. You get the feeling that they will figure out sooner or later with the talent but hopefully not this week. Confusing and getting to Lawrence is the key in my opinion. Generally speaking they have been a team with bigger guys which is why they have been giving the smaller speeding Bills team of recent years trouble. The Bills have upgraded the offense size-wise consciously but the D is still considered small, fast flowing schemed. The game will be closer than you think. 

• Like (+1) 1