Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Royale with Cheese

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I unfortunately do not have any children yet so I can't really do that lol

But my father didn't have me till he was older so I don't fret lol 

I'm definitely ready to settle down now tho .. I just know I couldn't 10-15 years ago 

You’re part of this family. We can each pass it on in different ways. I’d see my dad every time I finished a Bills Digest. It helped build a bond. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

it’s funny, if you look up Josh’s stat line from that game it’s not very good… but I seem to remember Ramsey getting burned in a couple critical moments of that game (which was a close one… 24-21 was the final) 😃

He also got ran over on an Allen TD run

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I remember the long pass to the Alabama WR and Josh running wild.  

Yeah while getting crushed in the pocket by 2 DLinemen and releasing the ball just before being hit...threw a line drive 50 yards down field and Foster did a one armed pinwheel while running into the end zone outrunning safety Barry Church across the field 🤣

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This has the makings for a classic trap let down game

Jags look terrible

Bills coming off huge win

National TV

Three huge road games after this game

The script couldn't be any more classic

Seeing what Cardinals are doing today maybe this defense is special however

Hopefully McDermott finds a way to have them prepared 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jags look terrible

National TV

There’s no trap here we have lost to the Jags twice in horrible fashion , I’m sure Josh will be fired up for this game especially when the entire nation will be watching , I hope Josh puts up career numbers in this one !!!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

There’s no trap here we have lost to the Jags twice in horrible fashion , I’m sure Josh will be fired up for this game especially when the entire nation will be watching , I hope Josh puts up career numbers in this one !!!! 

I’m not worried about a trap at home on Monday night football against an opponent they know well early in the season with extra time to prepare.

The game at Seattle later on in the season would worry me more… tough road trip against a team you rarely play…

Looking for a complete performance against the JAGS.

1 minute ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

I’m not worried about a trap at home on Monday night football against an opponent they know well early in the season with extra time to prepare.

The game at Seattle later on in the season would worry me more… tough road trip against a team you rarely play…

Looking for a complete performance against the JAGS.

One game at the time baby LETS GO BILLS 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, BILLS 2-0 vs JAGS 0-2.  , which is a pleasant surprise.  Have to admit ,  I didn’t expect the Bills to look this efficient yet , and I thought after watching the jags in preseason , they might be a real challenge just given their preseason play and what appeared to be a good running game. 

Not that the jags will be easy given how we play down to them , but after watching them today against the browns who looked terrible last week , the Jags came out and looked absolutely incompetent. They had a few good runs, few good scrambles but otherwise were really inept.  Lawrence held the ball too long , but the o line couldn’t  stop the rush even leading to a Late safety.  

I think we just have to be able to stop the run , not let Lawrence kill us with scrambles , and I don’t think they can keep up with Josh and the o if we play like last week.    Their passing gams was not like it was in London , not really having deep threats.  Gabe looked exactly like gabe, 3 or 4 catches but absent most if the game,   He even got hurt on the final drive, taking himself out for a couple plays with a sore knee he got kneeling down trying to make a catch, as they were driving the field with 40 seconds left with a shot to win ( but it was just the browns making mistakes on both sides of the ball lol keeping it that close).  The d even made Watson look somewhat like a qb again , and it just looked like another lackluster effort all around. Boo’ were raining from the stands many times thru the game as the Jags just looked like they had no energy and they looked unprepared.  Really , it was not exciting or interesting to watch; more like just going thru the motions. 

We just can’t play down to their level , being MNF, should keep us from not playing like the much better team.  This year just doesn’t feel like we willl take a game like this for granted like the last couple of years , and maybe that’s where our infusion of youth will keep us playing hungry. It would be a great chance to start the season really looking like we will keep pace with the  Chiefs and that this team has a mental edge that is different enough to finally get them over that final mental obstacle. Should be a good game for a beautiful night in Buffalo ;  I think we can even beat a very desperate Jax team, just jump on them early and I don’t see this Jax team coming back if down!  

Side note , man the cards are for real thumping the rams 41-10 in the 4 th and MHJ   caught two td passes looking like a true 1 st rounder!  Really shows how diff we are to have come back in that game! And to keep MHJ silent!   Also enjoying the Chiefs making mistakes as bengals lead and just picked off mahomes with a fantastic one handed pick!   Bengals just know how to play them , up 22-17 starting the 4 th in KC !  But KC still looks loaded w rice , worthy. , and very good backs.     Omg , as I was typing , I Just jinxed Burrows as he fumbled and the  chiefs returned a fumble to take the lead 23-22!  What a game!    Go Bills ON MNF,,, please don’t let Jax catch you looking past them,,,keep them desperate! ( bengals back up with a fg; man these teams both have lethal kickers. ) 😊✌️😎

• Like (+1) 1

I have grown to hate the Jags, but not because of any of the players and coaches. Some of my worst memories just involve Jags games:

1) 1996 playoff loss (blackout, listened only on radio)

2) the yahoo buffering EJ Manuel London game

3) and last year’s game on concrete, when we lost half our team to injury. 

(the only good memory was being at the Flutie naked bootleg win in 1998!)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jags look terrible

National TV

There’s no trap. McDermott has lost 3 of the last 4 to this franchise including a wild card playoff game. Jax will be desperate for a win, but the Bills will be desperate to beat this particular club. 

Jags look terrible

National TV

Trap games don't exist. How many times does this have to be said and proven statistically before people stop saying this nonsense?

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have grown to hate the Jags, but not because of any of the players and coaches. Some of my worst memories just involve Jags games:

1) 1996 playoff loss (blackout, listened only on radio)

2) the yahoo buffering EJ Manuel London game

3) and last year’s game on concrete, when we lost half our team to injury. 

(the only good memory was being at the Flutie naked bootleg win in 1998!)

Yeah I was at that playoff loss...could have heard a pin drop when Kelly went down. We all thought is this the last time we see him?

Is that EJ Manuel game the one we lost when we got called for a phantom DPI penalty where our player (Roby?) got called for PI and we never even touched the player? Believe it wiped out a 4th down stop and they drove down and won the game

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Trap games don't exist. How many times does this have to be said and proven statistically before people stop saying this nonsense?

Yeah I was at that playoff loss...could have heard a pin drop when Kelly went down. We all thought is this the last time we see him?

Is that EJ Manuel game the one we lost when we got called for a phantom DPI penalty where our player (Roby?) got called for PI and we never even touched the player? Believe it wiped out a 4th down stop and they drove down and won the game

haha. Yes: I forgot about that Roby phantom call. I mostly remember that game because it was the NFL’s first foray into streaming. Game was only on yahoo. I had massive issues with buffering the whole game. 

I should go back and watch that game now for comedic relief. 

Jags look terrible

National TV

I would say this would True if the Bills played a team they haven’t seen in awhile like say the LA Rams…but because of what happened in London last year I think the Bills have a little bit of revenge in mind particularly Josh. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I was at the playoff loss in Jax. If Shady had been healthy they would have won. TT played one of his worst games. Didn't even do much with his legs. Missed a wide open TD late in the game. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I was at the playoff loss in Jax. If Shady had been healthy they would have won. TT played one of his worst games. Didn't even do much with his legs. Missed a wide open TD late in the game. 

Haha, this is the playoff loss in 1996 being referred to, which was Kelly's last game as well that he left due to a concussion.

Edited by Big Turk