Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Royale with Cheese

On 9/13/2024 at 8:47 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting this early because I'm flying up there with my son next week and after last night, I'm more excited than I was Christmas 1987 when I got my Nintendo.

The energy should be off the charts.

So, the Jags play the Browns.  I'm not sure if you're going to get any indication on that game because I think the Browns suck.  However, if Deshaun Watson can move the ball on them, I'm going to start feeling confident.  The Jags lost to the Dolphins but they did fumble it away.  So it looks like the Jags were able to move the ball on the Dolphins prior to that?  I think we can get to Lawrence and can make it rough for him.

The Jags seem to have our number.

Hopefully, our more balanced, ball control offense will make the difference.

GO BILLS!!!

15 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Jags are to Bills as Bills are to Phins. 

Our losses to the jags are painful. Bad things happen.  

Since 2012- the teams are 4-4.

sorry man, bad comparison.  

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is like having an extra bye week. Too bad it won't be long enough to get either Taron or Terrel back. But the extra time may help Beane sign another LB and give Bishop more reps to earn some more playing time.

Sign another LB to do what?  Spector and Andreesen will suit up imo.  Maybe Ulofoshio as well.  

I could see us adding one to the PS- but I’d be shocked if we add one to the 53 unless it’s Deion Jones.  Need to know the system

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Jags starting cornerback Tyson Campbell - just placed on IR, starting safety Darnell Savage was DNP on Friday and is doubtful. Their top cornerback is former Bill Ronald Darby in his 10th year.  Likely they will be starting rookie Jarrian Jones at corner.

Bills have 11 days to game plan and don't have to travel.  Suspect Joe Brady is licking his chops.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/13/2024 at 9:47 AM, NickelCity said:

I hate playing the Jags.

We haven’t played them at home in eons, always in the ridiculous London game and that dreadful Urban Meyer game in Jax.

41 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

good for darby playing 10 years wow

As of last year, Marquise Goodwin was still in the league, too. Not sure about this year

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

Our losses to the jags are painful. Bad things happen.  

Since 2012- the teams are 4-4.

sorry man, bad comparison.  

Sign another LB to do what?  Spector and Andreesen will suit up imo.  Maybe Ulofoshio as well.  

Perhaps a more relevant comparison? McD (1-3) and Josh (1-2) vs the Jags!  The worst win % of any team played at least 4 times. 

Edited by TheWeatherMan

14 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Perhaps a more relevant comparison? McD (1-3) and Josh are (0-2) vs the Jags!  The worst win % of any team played at least 4 times and only team Josh has lost twice against with zero wins. 

Josh and McD beat ‘em in 2018, that was the infamous “he trash” game.

• Like (+1) 1