Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

The Jags have a really good Dline. Very much like Buffalo in that they can rush only 4 and put everyone else in coverage, and the front 4 can still put pressure on the QB. They are pretty aggressive so there will be opportunity both running and passing to take advantage of that aggressiveness.. I think we'll continue to see the RBs heavily involved. However, the Jags have not done so great preventing the pass thus far and we may see Allen taking some shots down field. It really depends on how well the Oline does at giving him time in the pocket. I think the Oline performing well is going to be the key to this game.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

Ingram is a big loss for JAX.

That's the Bills version of Ingram...the Jags version is Engram. 🤣 But yes, I agree that is a key loss for them...he is a weapon on the passing game.

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The Jags have a really good Dline. Very much like Buffalo in that they can rush only 4 and put everyone else in coverage, and the front 4 can still put pressure on the QB. They are pretty aggressive so there will be opportunity both running and passing to take advantage of that aggressiveness.. I think we'll continue to see the RBs heavily involved. However, the Jags have not done so great preventing the pass thus far and we may see Allen taking some shots down field. It really depends on how well the Oline does at giving him time in the pocket. I think the Oline performing well is going to be the key to this game.

Very interested in seeing if Allen uses his legs a lot...Jags have played the most man coverage in the NFL this year so far, over 50% of the time...that usually leads to huge running lanes for Allen when defenders have their backs turned.

Edited by Big Turk

Another very under rated thing to mention is that Trevor is currently the second most sacked QB in the league. Our Dline is chomping at the bit right now. This could very well end up being a very ugly game for Jax. Most people are rightly worried about protecting Josh, but the big story this week could very well be about Trevor Lawrence's protection.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That's the Bills version of Ingram...the Jags version is Engram. 🤣 But yes, I agree that is a key loss for them...he is a weapon on the passing game.

Very interested in seeing if Allen uses his legs a lot...Jags have played the most man coverage in the NFL this year so far, over 50% of the time...that usually leads to huge running lanes for Allen when defenders have their backs turned.

That will likely be the key.  Our run game va Jax last season:  14 rushes for 29 yards.  Josh had 4-14-1.  Their IDL doesn’t have much pass rush, but they’re good vs the run and standing their ground.  They’ve been disciplined vs us in the past. 

Will there be opportunities for Josh to get out and make plays with his legs?  Our pass game was the only thing that worked for us last season vs them and we had 7 points going into the 4th qtr.  

Seems like many are overlooking the Jags but I think this is going to be another cardiac episode.  Their LBers are very good imo.  The over the middle stuff might not be there like we hope it will.   I think it’ll come down to our playmakers and whether or not they can create separation.  

24-20 Bills.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

Why can't our weather behave for home games? I know rain is not life altering, and it pretty much downpoured the whole times we played Dallas last year, but I swear the weather waits for gameday to be crappy. It's been 80's and sunny for what, two weeks now? Of course we are going to get showers through the whole game 😒

Hopefully Cook can continue his magic and it won't be an issue at all.

11 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Why can't our weather behave for home games? I know rain is not life altering, and it pretty much downpoured the whole times we played Dallas last year, but I swear the weather waits for gameday to be crappy. It's been 80's and sunny for what, two weeks now? Of course we are going to get showers through the whole game 😒

As of right now there appears to be a very low chance of rain between 10am - 11pm, somewhere in the 20% range so I wouldn't call that misbehaving. Any real idea of how things will be for that small of a window tho will to wait til Monday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Beane needs to deliver a roster  that's built for rainy weather.

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

As of right now there appears to be a very low chance of rain between 10am - 11pm, somewhere in the 20% range so I wouldn't call that misbehaving. Any real idea of how things will be for that small of a window tho will to wait til Monday afternoon.

I have noticed an improved forecast as well.  Hopefully it continues.

3 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

weather was great for the opener against the Cards

5 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Agree on the O-line, but I would say that about every game, 👍

I'm really curious what the 1st play from scrimmage will be for Buffalo's offense. We know Jacksonville likes to play a lot of man. Going to be interesting to see what the 1st drive is going to look like. I am not convinced that it's going to be run, run, pass in this one. I think against the Cards, the very 1st play was a pass to one of the TEs.