Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Really looking forward to this game.

I also think it's going to be a really good barometer for our OLine, which looks better than last year. But this Jags DLine is much stouter than any they have faced. So looking forward to seeing our OLine's performance. 

If I remember correctly the Bills have struggled in the trenches against the Jags a number of times.

I believe the Bills lines are the key to this game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting this early because I'm flying up there with my son next week and after last night, I'm more excited than I was Christmas 1987 when I got my Nintendo.

The energy should be off the charts.

So, the Jags play the Browns.  I'm not sure if you're going to get any indication on that game because I think the Browns suck.  However, if Deshaun Watson can move the ball on them, I'm going to start feeling confident.  The Jags lost to the Dolphins but they did fumble it away.  So it looks like the Jags were able to move the ball on the Dolphins prior to that?  I think we can get to Lawrence and can make it rough for him.

Awesome bro!! Have fun

Random thought. The Bills have to play against most if not all of their former players from last years team, this year.  Poyer and Siran Neal twice against Miami, Diggs against Houston, Tyrel Dotson against Seattle, Tre White against the Rams, Leonard Floyd against the Niners, and coming up next week against the Jags, Gabe Davis.   That’s insane!  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Random thought. The Bills have to play against most if not all of their former players from last years team, this year.  Poyer and Siran Neal twice against Miami, Diggs against Houston, Tyrel Dotson against Seattle, Tre White against the Rams, Leonard Floyd against the Niners, and coming up next week against the Jags, Gabe Davis.   That’s insane!  

Gabe and Morse next!

14 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Mitch Morse next week too. You're right, we play against all the notable players we lost, pretty cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

We never match up with the Jags well, however with that being said, i love when the Bills play them as the Jags are somewhat of a barometer for this team because we rarely beat them these days and they always play us tough.

The jags defense has been pretty bad the last few years…I think we just happen to flub our games against them and it’s a small coincidence it happened twice.  Doesn’t mean they won’t be better this year though 

last season was pretty whack that they had an extra week in London.

if the sample size was a little bigger I’d think there’s more to it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

I hope we stomp them. Of all teams, why is it this one that has given us trouble over the years? So random.

It makes almost no sense - which is why I'm confident in the win this time around. I don't think it's a match-up thing at all. Just a weird anomaly.

I always hate the Jags games. We seem to struggle with them mightily and they seem to give Josh fits. 

Lawrence and Etienne always seem to play at their best against us. 

The difference is the Bills are finally at home against them. Everytime we lose to them it’s in Jax or the one time in London. 

Irs a game the Bills need if they have hoped for home field 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Process said:

People are making such a big deal about the jags having our number. It's been two games in the Josh Allen era correct? I'm not missing any? 

Not exactly a big sample size. 

I think we will be okay. 

We beat them 24-21 during Josh's rookie season. It was after Jalen Ramsey called him trash. 

Josh threw a 75-yard TD to Robert Foster and ran another in from 14 yards out.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting this early because I'm flying up there with my son next week and after last night, I'm more excited than I was Christmas 1987 when I got my Nintendo.

The energy should be off the charts.

So, the Jags play the Browns.  I'm not sure if you're going to get any indication on that game because I think the Browns suck.  However, if Deshaun Watson can move the ball on them, I'm going to start feeling confident.  The Jags lost to the Dolphins but they did fumble it away.  So it looks like the Jags were able to move the ball on the Dolphins prior to that?  I think we can get to Lawrence and can make it rough for him.

So the Dolphins just passed all over the Jags.  23 of 37 for 338 yds.  400 yds offense.

On the other side of the ball, the Jags were able to run on the Phins, but their passing game wasn't much.  12 completions for 162 yds.  Whether that's on the Dolphins defending the pass well, or whether that's on the Jags not having too much of a passing game, can't tell you at this point.  Guess we'll learn more on Sunday.

In their H2H meetings so far, Doug Pederson has not been one of the offensive coaches whose number is written on McDermott's office wall.