Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We always seem to play down to these guys, and so will be a real test of this year’s version of the Buffalo Bills to see if all the changes = a different mentality/outcome this time. 

HUDS, exactly and the hope is does this become like the Titans...trouble to us for years and then we take them out to  the woodshed.

Here's hoping we grab the sledge hammer from the shop in back!

EDIT: BTW and just for the record, I checked my watch and we are approximately 5 years away from kickoff on Monday night.

...I hate this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrBob806 said:

It was a dumb move by Goodell, allowing 2 teams in LA

Maybe, but the Chargers really didn’t have much of a choice and SoFi stadium now hosts a game every week. It’s interesting that the Clippers likewise moved from San Diego to Los Angeles and now after close to twenty years of sharing a downtown arena with the Lakers they’re opening their new arena right by SoFi Stadium in Inglewood next month. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, uninja said:

There are a few people in the league that tend to give Josh trouble.  Hines-Allen is one of them.

More of a problem for Dawkins - our Josh generally trusts Dawkins and focuses dodging other leaking-thru pass rushers from the middle and from Brown's side. Any issue from Dawkins' side smells trouble - see last year Chiefs' playoff game Chris Jones play etc. 

If you go back to Josh's while-in-pocket sack/fumble history, blindside ones are unproportionally high. I'd not say that's some deficiency of Josh's game, most right handed QBs suffer from that, unless your name is Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Not worried about this game at all. Anyone worried about this game will find reason to worry about any game. Some already do. 

I don’t think this game will even be close. 

I wasn't worried about losing to Urban Meyer & the Jags when they were the worst team in the league. Also wasn't worried about many teams over the years, yet the Bills found ways to lose.

But you're right, I take every game seriously. I wouldn't say "worried," but I don't casually pencil in wins looking at a schedule. The Bills have shown me they're capable of losing to the worst teams in the league, while also capable of beating the best teams in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I wasn't worried about losing to Urban Meyer & the Jags when they were the worst team in the league. Also wasn't worried about many teams over the years, yet the Bills found ways to lose.

But you're right, I take every game seriously. I wouldn't say "worried," but I don't casually pencil in wins looking at a schedule. The Bills have shown me they're capable of losing to the worst teams in the league, while also capable of beating the best teams in the league. 

Yeah, sometimes bad losses happen. I'm not afraid to be wrong. I think we have the better team. The better team doesn't always win, but I'm not going to be worried about losing either.

Edited by Scott7975

23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Likely going to be a good test for our WRs this week. But Josh can also run against man coverage so maybe he'll frustrate them enough to pull them out of it.

Thanks for posting this.  Interesting data.

i would think Jax will play at least 50-60% zone vs us, but they have Darby out there as CB1.  Montaric Brown CB2.  I hope to see some shots this week

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm having trouble parsing this.  Are you saying the Bills could IR Bernard on next Tuesday or Weds, and have it be retroactive to cover the Jags game?

That was my thought, although I am not sure what the deadline is to retroactively place on IR. I imagine there is one, but don’t necessarily think it’s by the following week’s game. 

I can’t find anything supporting this so maybe a better question for Sal 😭

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Not worried about this game at all. Anyone worried about this game will find reason to worry about any game. Some already do. 

You are speaking directly to me! I worry about EVERY game! If there is one thing I’ve learned in life, it’s that you never take a Bills win for granted. INSANE things happen, and we shuffle away scratching our heads wondering how that just happened……

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

this is the least worried I’ve been about a game in a while, which probably means either that we’ll lose or it’ll be a nailbiter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Better be careful, the long haired blond girl could beat the Bills.

20 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. 0-2 Jags backed into a corner and going all out against a top team. Not that I think Buffalo will lose, but it will go down to the late 4th Q

Are you saying it’s a trap game??

how i met your mother show GIF by WGN America