Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

2 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

I'm all for tradition (I'm 61 years old), so it makes sense that the Bills-NY Jets-Patriots  shouldn't be split up, or the Raiders-KC-Chargers-Denver. 

Yes, the Fish & Bills rivalry is there, but the Fish should really be with Jax & Tampa Bay. The Atlanta-New Orleans rivalry is pretty intense, so keep that intact. So maybe throw Carolina or Houston with Miami-Jax-T Bay. Just a thought. 

Maybe they should create a "carpetbagger" division with the Rams-Ratbirds-Titans-Colts lol. 

I’m older than you and living in LA for the past many decades I can tell you that there’s a grand total of ZERO people who care who the Chargers play. They would gladly trade two games against the Broncos for a home and home series with the Rams. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Weird .I just read an article re fantasy football that said to start Shakir because the jags have given up the second most yards to receivers in the NFL. 

I dunno about yards to receivers, but the Jags are 30th in passing yards given up.  The Dolphins passed all over them: 37 attempts, 338 yds.

It's really too early to put a lot of weight on stats IMO but I'd start Shakir because he's the Bills leading receiver

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If you’re referring to Bernard, I thought that the IR date could be retroactive to last game by X day following the game. I am not sure if it matters at all when their next game is, but rather when the injury occurred 

I'm having trouble parsing this.  Are you saying the Bills could IR Bernard on next Tuesday or Weds, and have it be retroactive to cover the Jags game?

11 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. 0-2 Jags backed into a corner and going all out against a top team. Not that I think Buffalo will lose, but it will go down to the late 4th Q

They are desperate for a win, but that just means the pressure is on them. Clearly they are the inferior team too. It's more likely they get embarrassed.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Ralph insisted that the Bills and Fish remain in the same division.  Don’t think that will ever change.

Actually if you start with New England [Most north easterly team], stay with 4 team divisions, and then build each division by adding the next closest team, First East Division would be NE, Jets, Giants, Eagles.  Bills would be in a division with Steelers, Ravens, Commanders.  Won't happen, Jerruh likes those east coast TV ratings and the dollars they bring.

I am not saying we should trounce this team, but we should easily beat them.

Will that happen?  

I'm literally grinding my teeth right now because we will get to halftime and the Bills will be up, 10-7, and we'll all be asking "why aren't we up more?!"

This will be followed by that puke feeling as early in the 4th quarter the jags will take a 13-10 lead.

Good thing is Josh will then get us into field goal range and we'll tie it up...

...with 1:27 left on the clock and the Jags with two timeouts left.

I can't even express to you how much I hate playing this stupid team more than the others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about yards to receivers, but the Jags are 30th in passing yards given up.  The Dolphins passed all over them: 37 attempts, 338 yds.

It's really too early to put a lot of weight on stats IMO but I'd start Shakir because he's the Bills leading receiver

Not based on stats, but my gut tells me that Shakir does well YAC. Better than what the Bills have seen recently

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Last time we saw Gabe Davis he was on the sideline screaming at the fans in orchard park as he walked off the field,  who were apparently taunting him for not playing vs the chiefs.

So I imagine he plays his best game of the year and Pederson takes shots to him early to try and get him going.

And I imagine it will be really easy for fans sitting behind the Jags bench to get inside his head a bit. 

He may make a splash play or two. I'm almost counting on it for the "revenge" factor. But he will likely cost them a big play or two with some drops. Hopefully, they are on 3rd down.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate playing the Jags.

There are a few people in the league that tend to give Josh trouble.  Hines-Allen is one of them.

We will need to win our man coverage downs and have the O-line hold up and keep Hines-Allen out of the back field.  Josh kills defenses when he sees nothing but the back of the defender's jerseys.  I don't think they will take the spy off of him throughout the game.  I would imagine a heavy dosage of someone like Oluokun with eyes on Josh.  He is a tackling machine.

Utilize Cook out of the back field and the quick hitters to Kincaid and Samuel.  Hopefully that'll free up a 1-on-1 over the top to MVS.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Last time we saw Gabe Davis he was on the sideline screaming at the fans in orchard park as he walked off the field,  who were apparently taunting him for not playing vs the chiefs.

So I imagine he plays his best game of the year and Pederson takes shots to him early to try and get him going.

Bring it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m older than you and living in LA for the past many decades I can tell you that there’s a grand total of ZERO people who care who the Chargers play. They would gladly trade two games against the Broncos for a home and home series with the Rams. 

It was a dumb move by Goodell, allowing 2 teams in LA

Edited by DrBob806

45 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

I hate playing the Jags.

There are a few people in the league that tend to give Josh trouble.  Hines-Allen is one of them.

We will need to win our man coverage downs and have the O-line hold up and keep Hines-Allen out of the back field.  Josh kills defenses when he sees nothing but the back of the defender's jerseys.  I don't think they will take the spy off of him throughout the game.  I would imagine a heavy dosage of someone like Oluokun with eyes on Josh.  He is a tackling machine.

Utilize Cook out of the back field and the quick hitters to Kincaid and Samuel.  Hopefully that'll free up a 1-on-1 over the top to MVS.

Go Bills

Our performance against the Jags since they drafted Josh Hines-Allen just continues to further the narrative that the only thing that can beat Josh Allen is another Josh Allen

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1