Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Anyone know what the deadline is to IR a player before a Monday night game?

If you’re referring to Bernard, I thought that the IR date could be retroactive to last game by X day following the game. I am not sure if it matters at all when their next game is, but rather when the injury occurred 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. 0-2 Jags backed into a corner and going all out against a top team. Not that I think Buffalo will lose, but it will go down to the late 4th Q

I get where you’re coming from, but I think we’re gonna stomp them.  We haven’t seen the full effect of our passing attack yet.  I think Allen and our WR’s are gonna eat them up - 300+ yds and 3 passing TD’s.  NFL is gonna be put on notice this ain’t no building year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Because he is bigger, has sure hands and knows how to go up and get the ball. Laugh all you want.

And he has shown this how so far? Thats what it takes to win one on one battles?

Not getting off the line, route running, and setting the defender up? Id take that all day before what your saying. 

Size ramd hands eally worked well for Benjamin, Justin Blackmon, Mike Williams, and I can go on and on.

Did we have this up-thread?  Josh made the comment that the Jags have the best defense in football right now (statistically)

Anyone know by what parameter this might be?  'Cuz it isn't by points - they're 8th, tied with the Bills

It isn't by yards - they're 11th.

Is this some Frankenstat where they're best?

• Haha (+1) 1

This team better come out treating this like a revenge game.

Remember back when the Titans beat us in back to back years & we were set up to play them early in the season on MNF in 2022?

Everyone was worried it'd be another close, tough game (me included). Then the Bills destroyed them 41 - 7.

Really hoping we see a repeat of that & put the Jags permanently behind us.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Trevor Lawrence and his hairdo are approaching bust status. Doug Pederson will end the year with Mac Jones as starter. 

Dude just signed a $275 million contract, he is definitely not getting benched at any point 

15 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

It's bizarre that Baltimore is in the AFC North, when they should be in the AFC East. Put Miami in the AFC South, Ratbirds AFC East, Indy to AFC North. Don't get me started on Dallas lol.

Ralph insisted that the Bills and Fish remain in the same division.  Don’t think that will ever change.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

It's bizarre that Baltimore is in the AFC North, when they should be in the AFC East. Put Miami in the AFC South, Ratbirds AFC East, Indy to AFC North. Don't get me started on Dallas lol.

I’d love to see a major realignment. For example, have both NYC based teams in the same division. And the same for both LA based teams. Those home and home rivalry games would be intense every year. They do that in the EPL and MLS and fans love it! There’s hardly anyone alive who even remembers the origins of the old AFL and NFL based teams. The merger was over FIFTY years ago! 

01j854zx1mg68rd1kzda.jpg

3 key matchups that could determine a Bills win against Jaguars

Gabe Davis/Brian Thomas Jr. vs. Bills secondary

Jacksonville wideouts Gabriel Davis and Brian Thomas Jr. have combined for 12 receptions and 246 yards on 18 targets through two games this year. Thomas has the lone touchdown between them, but they are clearly the Jaguars' passing focus.

Tight end Evan Engram is a threat; however, he may not play this week due to a hamstring injury that kept him out of their Week 2 game.

The Bills' secondary has been on fire through the first two weeks of the season, and cornerback Christian Benford is quickly becoming one of the top corners in the league per both advanced analytics and the eye test.

Travon Walker vs. Bills' tackles

In the first two weeks of the season, former first-overall pick Travon Walker has two sacks, eight total tackles, and a tackle-for-loss. He is someone who can wreck an offensive game plan.

The good news for Buffalo, though, is that both left tackle Dion Dawkins and right tackle Spencer Brown are playing as well as anyone in the league to start the season.

Through two games, neither has allowed a sack, and they've allowed just two pressures between them. Dawkins has earned a PFF pass protection grade of 81.6 and Brown an 81.5.

Josh Allen vs. Jaguars' secondary

The Jaguars are allowing over 245 yards per game through the air, and opposing passers are completing more than 63 percent of pass attempts. Allen has been incredibly efficient through two games and already has three passing touchdowns this season.

His primary weapons, Khalil Shakir and Dalton Kincaid, are perfect so far with a combined 13 receptions on 13 targets. The Jags have oddly had his number in the past, but if Allen can continue to play as efficiently as he has to start the campaign,

Buffalo should be on its way to 3-0.

01j83awt1qc02qw9hnn4.jpg

Bills QB Josh Allen talks playing against the team that's 'gotten the best of us'

“I think statistically, the best defense in the NFL right now,” Allen said. “Their front seven, they get after it. They got two really supreme pass rushers. I would even go out and say three. The last couple of times we’ve played them, they’ve gotten the best of us, so taking that into account.

Obviously new D-coordinator there, but they’re flying around. They’re playing real solid together defense. Guys with a lot of motor. They don’t let up. We’re going to have our hands full. Good week of practice and put our best foot forward on Monday night.”

The Jaguars have gotten off to an underwhelming start to the 2024 campaign, losing a 10-point halftime lead to fall to the Miami Dolphins in Week 1 before dropping an ugly contest with the Cleveland Browns in Week 2.

That said, Jacksonville has oddly had Buffalo's number in recent years, winning three of their last four matchups including two straight. The Jaguars beat a jet-lagged Bills team in a sloppy London game last year.

“Big, strong, fast," Allen said of Hines-Allen. "Anytime you have a D-end like that, they present problems, but again, the motor that he has, he doesn’t let up. He finds ways to continue to get to the quarterback. He’s done that over the last few years. He’s one of the premier edge rushers in the league because of it.

We got to be aware of him at all times.”

Both Allens are matchup nightmares for the other side; it will be interesting to see if Buffalo's Allen can finally best the pass-rusher this week.

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This team better come out treating this like a revenge game.

Remember back when the Titans beat us in back to back years & we were set up to play them early in the season on MNF in 2022?

Everyone was worried it'd be another close, tough game (me included). Then the Bills destroyed them 41 - 7.

Really hoping we see a repeat of that & put the Jags permanently behind us.

I was at that game.

Left in the 3rd sometime and was still able to catch most of the 4th at home.

Loved it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did we have this up-thread?  Josh made the comment that the Jags have the best defense in football right now (statistically)

Anyone know by what parameter this might be?  'Cuz it isn't by points - they're 8th, tied with the Bills

It isn't by yards - they're 11th.

Is this some Frankenstat where they're best?

Weird .I just read an article re fantasy football that said to start Shakir because the jags have given up the second most yards to receivers in the NFL. 

Last time we saw Gabe Davis he was on the sideline screaming at the fans in orchard park as he walked off the field,  who were apparently taunting him for not playing vs the chiefs.

So I imagine he plays his best game of the year and Pederson takes shots to him early to try and get him going.

43 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d love to see a major realignment. For example, have both NYC based teams in the same division. And the same for both LA based teams. Those home and home rivalry games would be intense every year. They do that in the EPL and MLS and fans love it! There’s hardly anyone alive who even remembers the origins of the old AFL and NFL based teams. The merger was over FIFTY years ago! 

I'm all for tradition (I'm 61 years old), so it makes sense that the Bills-NY Jets-Patriots  shouldn't be split up, or the Raiders-KC-Chargers-Denver. 

Yes, the Fish & Bills rivalry is there, but the Fish should really be with Jax & Tampa Bay. The Atlanta-New Orleans rivalry is pretty intense, so keep that intact. So maybe throw Carolina or Houston with Miami-Jax-T Bay. Just a thought. 

Maybe they should create a "carpetbagger" division with the Rams-Ratbirds-Titans-Colts lol. 

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

I'm all for tradition (I'm 61 years old), so it makes sense that the Bills-NY Jets-Patriots  shouldn't be split up, or the Raiders-KC-Chargers-Denver. 

Yes, the Fish & Bills rivalry is there, but the Fish should really be with Jax & Tampa Bay. The Atlanta-New Orleans rivalry is pretty intense, so keep that intact. So maybe throw Carolina or Houston with Miami-Jax-T Bay. Just a thought. 

Maybe they should create a "carpetbagger" division with the Rams-Ratbirds-Titans-Colts lol. 

I used to feel this way but since most teams are up and down over the course of a decade, I think rivalries aren't as strong.

I'm a 90's kid and I remember Bills Dolphins and 49ers Cowboys....neither are good now.  Even in baseball, Red Sox Yankees isn't like it was.

So now, I think it would make sense per region IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2