Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is a concern. Don’t think we have a true “man beater.” Seems like the one guy who was good at that was Isaiah McKenzie. 

Allen vs Man is a big play waiting to happen.  He is going to have at least one big run.  Plus the broken play in which Allen escapes to his right....that kills man too.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn’t agree more! With all of the changes through the years I find it hard to believe that the NFL hadn’t reset the Divisions. Somebody suggests it every year but the NFL ignores it. With 17 games and 4 team divisions, there are less and less intra-division games. Just bite the bullet and realign everything geographically. Just like cleaning out your sock drawer, it needs to be done once a decade. 👍

It's bizarre that Baltimore is in the AFC North, when they should be in the AFC East. Put Miami in the AFC South, Ratbirds AFC East, Indy to AFC North. Don't get me started on Dallas lol.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

the Cook td last week was a man beater. Josh will complete passes. 

but that was cover 0. I am assuming the jags will try to mostly rush 4 or 5, and have a guy stick with our RBs in coverage. 

I think we need a receiver and TE who can get open. Maybe it is Coleman catching some contested balls too?

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen vs Man is a big play waiting to happen.  He is going to have at least one big run.  Plus the broken play in which Allen escapes to his right....that kills man too.

good points. But would love to not have to rely on Allen scrambling around.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but that was cover 0. I am assuming the jags will try to mostly rush 4 or 5, and have a guy stick with our RBs in coverage. 

I think we need a receiver and TE who can get open. Maybe it is Coleman catching some contested balls too?

receivers will get open and Josh will hit them. I promise. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

It's bizarre that Baltimore is in the AFC North, when they should be in the AFC East. Put Miami in the AFC South, Ratbirds AFC East, Indy to AFC North. Don't get me started on Dallas lol.

The league loves the divisional rivalries and the AFCN and NFCE have really strong ones.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Likely going to be a good test for our WRs this week. But Josh can also run against man coverage so maybe he'll frustrate them enough to pull them out of it.

I mean I think that's good news mostly. Not just with Josh runs but motion is extra effective against man coverage. This is the kind of thing Samuel is incredible against.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

good points. But would love to not have to rely on Allen scrambling around.

This is old data (2021/2022) but I'm sure it still applies to Josh vs man.

Thanks to charting data from Sports Info Solutions, we know that Allen has feasted on man coverage this season. Against Cover 0/Cover 1/Cover 2 Man Underneath, Allen has completed 132 of 202 passes (65.3%) for 1,649 yards and 25 touchdowns, against just two interceptions. SIS also has Allen with an on-target percentage of 76.6% against these coverages, trailing only Teddy Bridgewater and Kirk Cousins according to their data. Allen’s NFL passer rating of 126.0 when facing these coverages trails only Cousins, and is ahead of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The league loves the divisional rivalries and the AFCN and NFCE have really strong ones.

While I get that, here me out for a second.

Cleveland gets moved to Baltimore. Cleveland rightfully gets their team back.

Houston moves to Tennessee. Houston rightfully gets their team back.

So Paul Tagliabue rewards these cities (franchises) by insulting their fan bases, so they each get stuck in the division with the franchises new city. A twice-a-year reminder for those teams' fans.

Horrible. He was worse than Goodell.

Edited by DrBob806

There are variations of man coverage. Cover 0 guarantees a free runner at the QB, but at risk of one mistake failing the whole plan. In general, Brady likes to go with 5 man protection (going back to his LSU days), we can send out 5 targets. If the Jags are confident in their pass rushers, they may send the normal 4, with 5 in coverage, they have 2 free guys who can do spying on Josh etc.

On 9/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's something that's pretty wild.  

In 19 match ups, the Bills and Jags have scored the exact same amount of points.

Jacksonville Jaguars lead series 10-9-0

Points Scored: Buffalo Bills 394, Jacksonville Jaguars 394

Seems like the Bills have lost more games than that against the Jaguars.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

This is a "throw out the records" game to me. 

An 0-2 team who feels like their backs are against the wall and are desperate for a win. A team who has historically given the Bills fits anyway. When was the last time the Bills comfortably beat the Jaguars and without all of us having heart palpitations? I genuinely can't remember.

Two keys to the game:

1.) Travis Etienne vs the middle of our defense. I have faith in our ability to contain the edges in the run game, but we have a propensity to get gashed up the middle. Etienne can also be a weapon in the passing game against our inexperienced linebackers. This will be a huge test for Spector, Williams, Lewis, and our safeties. 

2.) The Jaguars play man-to-man defense 68% of the time so far this season. The Bills will need to have their man-beater plays ready. It could be a big week for Curtis Samuel and Dalton Kincaid. It could also be the biggest week yet for Josh Allen running the football.

If the Bills can limit Travis Etienne and find ways to get open against the Jags' man coverage, they win. If Etienne runs wild or the Bills pass catchers have trouble getting open, it could be closer than anyone would like, and may spell loss number one on the season.

Could also be a big week for Cook catching the ball...he will likely be the biggest mismatch against man coverage downfield.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mollymalonesmafia said:

Lmao. May I please ask why? 

Is much rather take kincaid, samuel, and shakir before him in a one on one matchup 

Because he is bigger, has sure hands and knows how to go up and get the ball. Laugh all you want.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1