Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Interesting side note...not sure if it has been brought up yet in the thread as I haven't read thru all of it.

Jags have lost their last 7 regular season games going back to last year while the Bills have won their last 7.

Literally two teams going in opposite directions over that time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Do people really think that after 11days off and playing on Monday night, the Bills players will look past this game?   I'm not saying they will absolutely win… any team can lose or win each week.  But, there's zero chance the Bills will be unfocused or looking forward to the next game.. and they will have long gotten over the high of thrashing Miami.    This is in no way shape or form a trap game, even if they do exist. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

I think the Bills are going to continue to mix things up on offense and the Jags defense will be on their heels trying to figure out what comes next. I see this as a game where the Bills simply out class an inferior team. And on defense, I think it will be a similar scenario. People keep bringing up history, but none of that matters.

A few seasons ago, Buffalo struggled at running the ball (except for Josh himself).  Although we haven't seen much of it yet, the Bills hopefully retain the ability to show an explosive passing offense.  In theory, the Bills should be a complete team on offense, such that if the offensive coordinator calls a great game, they should be just about unstoppable.  

In recent history, the defense has ended most seasons ranking relatively high, but occasionally, they run into a team that has run the ball down their throats or made big plays on offense.  The Jaguars have struggled trying to score.  They have managed to moved the ball, however, only to be derailed by turnovers.  If Buffalo can keep the Jaguar's offense controlled and continue to get some turnovers, I don't think the Jaguars can win this game.  Yet with any NFL prediction, there are always "ifs" and surprises. 

Curious why we wouldn’t just move Johnson and Bernard to IR for four weeks. Obviously they aren’t playing anytime soon. I’d prefer not to rush them back and have them fully healthy! 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Do people really think that after 11days off and playing on Monday night, the Bills players will look past this game?   I'm not saying they will absolutely win… any team can lose or win each week.  But, there's zero chance the Bills will be unfocused or looking forward to the next game.. and they will have long gotten over the high of thrashing Miami.    This is in no way shape or form a trap game, even if they do exist. 

Agree considering that they lost last year and lost to them in Jax when they were horrible. Bills need to TCB against the Jags and get the W. Cannot afford a let down or to overlook them! Don’t give them any hope!!!!

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Curious why we wouldn’t just move Johnson and Bernard to IR for four weeks. Obviously they aren’t playing anytime soon. I’d prefer not to rush them back and have them fully healthy! 

Because you do not know who else is going to get hurt and you can only bring back 8 guys back from IR during the season.

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Why is it obvious? To me it's clear they're confident Taron will be back for at least the Ravens game if not the Texans game and Bernard (if not on IR by Monday) will be back for at least the Jets game if not the Texans game.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a "throw out the records" game to me. 

An 0-2 team who feels like their backs are against the wall and are desperate for a win. A team who has historically given the Bills fits anyway. When was the last time the Bills comfortably beat the Jaguars and without all of us having heart palpitations? I genuinely can't remember.

Two keys to the game:

1.) Travis Etienne vs the middle of our defense. I have faith in our ability to contain the edges in the run game, but we have a propensity to get gashed up the middle. Etienne can also be a weapon in the passing game against our inexperienced linebackers. This will be a huge test for Spector, Williams, Lewis, and our safeties. 

2.) The Jaguars play man-to-man defense 68% of the time so far this season. The Bills will need to have their man-beater plays ready. It could be a big week for Curtis Samuel and Dalton Kincaid. It could also be the biggest week yet for Josh Allen running the football.

If the Bills can limit Travis Etienne and find ways to get open against the Jags' man coverage, they win. If Etienne runs wild or the Bills pass catchers have trouble getting open, it could be closer than anyone would like, and may spell loss number one on the season.

• Like (+1) 9

48 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Smoot is a guy I'm really looking forward to seeing on this DL.  Inside/Outside piece that the coaches and fellow players have been really high on over the Summer.  

Any SNL/Jesse Jackson fans out there?

"The question is moot!"  Or in this case, Smoot!

50 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Agree considering that they lost last year and lost to them in Jax when they were horrible. Bills need to TCB against the Jags and get the W. Cannot afford a let down or to overlook them! Don’t give them any hope!!!!

They obviously feel the injuries are less than 4 weeks.  Benard they have until Sunday to make the decision.