Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Royale with Cheese

26 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

Not sure the Bills are THAT more talented than the Jags at this point. It is somewhat a bad matchup actually.Ā 

Ā 

I will say Josh (our Josh) looks to be more level headed compared to last year at this time, i.e. not looking for killer shots often while finding quick answers whereas Lawrence is just the opposite. This will be the strongest defense we see up to this point. Less mistake from Josh and more mistake from Lawrence may tilt the balance.

I mostly blame last seasonā€™s loss on Dorsey. The London game was the beginning of the end for him. The last time Trevor Lawrence won a game was Thanksgiving of last year. Iā€™m just not that concerned about it. Josh Allen is 8-1 in his last 9 games (regular season and playoffs) for comparison.
Ā 

Jags biggest asset on defense is their pass rush. Brady cracked the code last year vs the Cowboys. Neutralize an elite pass rusher by running at them. If the Bills lose this game, it will be because we gave the game away.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen-Hines often causes us major issues.Ā  Its all about our OL IMO.Ā  Give Allen time and open up a few holes and we can get past 24 points.Ā  Force Lawrence into a couple mistakes.Ā  Ā This game may be more about our offense than our defense.Ā  I'm glad this one is at home and not in London or Jacksonville.

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Jags biggest asset on defense is their pass rush. Brady cracked the code last year vs the Cowboys.Ā Neutralize an elite pass rusher by running at them.Ā 

I don't quite get the logic. Last I checked, Cowboys and Jags are 2 different teams and have completely different set of personnel and schemes. Both the Bills and Jags played the same opponent, both on the road I may add. Miami's Achane had 24 yards and Wilson had 26 yards whole game against the Jags. Not sure you can assume the Bills can run on them like we did to the Cowboys.Ā 

11 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

I don't quite get the logic. Last I checked, Cowboys and Jags are 2 different teams and have completely different set of personnel and schemes. Both the Bills and Jags played the same opponent, both on the road I may add. Miami's Achane had 24 yards and Wilson had 26 yards whole game against the Jags. Not sure you can assume the Bills can run on them like we did to the Cowboys.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure what the Dolphins have to do with this. The Dolphins have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. We have one of the best offensive lines in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr Info said:

This was another odd game during the drought. 3 Jags turnovers and 0 Bills turnovers.

Ā 

Good info, Mr. Info.

Ā 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

There are no such thing as trap games. They don't exist.

Ā 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Trap games aren't real. What is real is the "any given Sunday" thing.Ā There has been enough analysis to show that trap games aren't actually a thing, but the narrative persists.

Ā 

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

t

h

e

r

e

Ā 

a

r

e

Ā 

n

o

Ā 

t

r

a

p

Ā 

g

a

m

e

s

Ā 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952572wsb9jkj7oa1lfeot

Ā 

Guys, please give me a definition of a trap game.

Ā 

Thank you.

Ā 

Ā 

If we win this game it doesnā€™t prove anything. It means that the jags are trash. But if we lose it means our coaches are trash. Ā Thatā€™s all you need to know going into Monday. Ā Itā€™s a trap game as in either outcome is a horrific trash pile.Ā 

Edited by nedboy7

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Iā€™m not sure what the Dolphins have to do with this. The Dolphins have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. We have one of the best offensive lines in the league.

I quoted Dolphins game to show that the Bills and jags faced the same running attack from the Dolphins on the same field for a somewhat measure of run defense of the Jags.

Ā 

Last year's game showed why it's a bad matchup. We ran a total 29 yards on 14 tries and 14 of the yards was from Alan. Assuming we can run on them without doing anything special is far fetched in my opinion. When you can't run, and then facing a top notch D-line with pass rushing abilities is bad for your passing scheme looking to big plays. That was the Bills problem last year. And that was the problem for the Dolphins week 1 until the Tyreek Hill 80 yard TD play.Ā 

Ā 

We all have reasons to believe Brady won't use last year's script and hope for a 80 yard TD play to beat Jags next Monday. But it will be a challenge. More than likely we have to win by passing the ball. But it might be dink and dunk quick game. Maybe they can unleash something new like screens which is effective against pass rush but notoriously bad in Josh Allen era Bills offense. They do have the personnel to do that now... unless the problem is Josh. We shall see.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

I quoted Dolphins game to show that the Bills and jags faced the same running attack from the Dolphins on the same field for a somewhat measure of run defense of the Jags.

Ā 

Last year's game showed why it's a bad matchup. We ran a total 29 yards on 14 tries and 14 of the yards was from Alan. Assuming we can run on them without doing anything special is far fetched in my opinion. When you can't run, and then facing a top notch D-line with pass rushing abilities is bad for your passing scheme looking to big plays. That was the Bills problem last year. And that was the problem for the Dolphins week 1 until the Tyreek Hill 80 yard TD play.Ā 

Ā 

We all have reasons to believe Brady won't use last year's script and hope for a 80 yard TD play to beat Jags next Monday. But it will be a challenge. More than likely we have to win by passing the ball. But it might be dink and dunk quick game. Maybe they can unleash something new like screens which is effective against pass rush but notoriously bad in Josh Allen era Bills offense. They do have the personnel to do that now... unless the problem is Josh. We shall see.

Ā 

Iā€™m not using last yearā€™s game as a reference for anything. Dorsey called a bad game and we had to fly across the world. I believe we will be able to run on them, but like you said we shall see. One difference from last year to consider is McGovern in for Morse allows for a more physical interior line.

Ā 

Ironically, Morse is on the other side now (along with Gabe Davis).

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Ā 

Guys, please give me a definition of a trap game.

Ā 

Thank you.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My definition of a trap game would be a game vs. a very bad team sandwiched in between games vs. 2 really good teams.

Ā 

For example, if your schedule was home vs. KC, @Carolina, then home vs. SF, the Carolina game would be considered a trap game.

Ā 

Especially if you have already beaten KC in this scenario......you would still be high off the win vs. KC, and looking forward to the big matchup vs. SF and completely overlooking Carolina.

Ā 

Well coached, disciplined teams with good player leadership do not fall for the trap game scenario, not to mention that Jax is too good a team to be even considered a "trap game" IMO.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

My definition of a trap game would be a game vs. a very bad team sandwiched in between games vs. 2 really good teams.

Ā 

For example, if your schedule was home vs. KC, @Carolina, then home vs. SF, the Carolina game would be considered a trap game.

Ā 

Especially if you have already beaten KC in this scenario......you would still be high off the win vs. KC, and looking forward to the big matchup vs. SF and completely overlooking Carolina.

Ā 

Well coached, disciplined teams with good player leadership do not fall for the trap game scenario, not to mention that Jax is too good a team to be even considered a "trap game" IMO.

Ā 

It sounds like you're saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) that trap games can exist but you do not consider Jacksonville to be a trap game?

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Ā 

It sounds like you're saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) that trap games can exist but you do not consider Jacksonville to be a trap game?

Ā 

Ā 

Correct.....honestly,I don't think a well coached, well prepared, disciplined team like the Bills would ever fall for the trap game scenario, but if they did, this would not meet the criteria for a trap game, IMO

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/15/2024 at 7:36 PM, Big Turk said:

Ā 

Trap games don't exist. How many times does this have to be said and proven statistically before people stop saying this nonsense?

Ā 

Yeah I was at that playoff loss...could have heard a pin drop when Kelly went down. We all thought is this the last time we see him?

Ā 

Is that EJ Manuel game the one we lost when we got called for a phantom DPI penalty where our player (Roby?) got called for PI and we never even touched the player? Believe it wiped out a 4th down stop and they drove down and won the game

Trap music, trap house, trap queens, trap traps. It only follows that there would be trap games.Ā  I'm kinda surprised you didn't know that.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I would suggest some folks are unconsciously using the term "trap" game to mean a letdown game.

While I'm not convinced a team puts out poor efforts because they are looking ahead, I have no doubt teams can put out poor efforts because they were looking behind, i.e. after a big win over a dangerous rival.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1