Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

30 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

When is the last time Jacksonville beat the Bills on OP? 30 years ago

No...they beat us here in week 1 during the drought when Leftwich threw a TD in the back of the EZ to Ernest Wilford as time expired. That was in 2004, so 20 years, but then we also lost 36-26 in 2010 which was in OP as well, which means it's been 14 years.  A far cry from 30.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

My trap game is IND. The way the schedule sets I could really see them go 3-0 TEN-SEA-MIA and be 6-3 7-2 and complete letdown game as IND has their rushing attack figured out. IND we just always seem to have very weird games against.

There are no such thing as trap games. They don't exist.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's something that's pretty wild.  

In 19 match ups, the Bills and Jags have scored the exact same amount of points.

Jacksonville Jaguars lead series 10-9-0

Points Scored: Buffalo Bills 394, Jacksonville Jaguars 394

So, to keep this alive and fair the Bills must win with a score of 27-27 so everything is in harmony again. 

• Haha (+1) 3

On 9/15/2024 at 4:52 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This has the makings for a classic trap let down game

Jags look terrible

Bills coming off huge win

National TV

Three huge road games after this game

The script couldn't be any more classic

Seeing what Cardinals are doing today maybe this defense is special however

Hopefully McDermott finds a way to have them prepared 

Trap games aren't real. What is real is the "any given Sunday" thing. There isn't a lot separating the best teams from the worst teams.

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There are no such thing as trap games. They don't exist.

You beat me to it. There has been enough analysis to show that trap games aren't actually a thing, but the narrative persists.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The drop stats must be misleading. I literally saw him drop a ball last game. He was hit from behind after catching it, and dropped it— maybe it doesn’t count as a drop because of the hit. But it hit him in the chest and he dropped it. 

Yes, the drop stats are always much lower than they should be. I guess if it is contested at all it doesn't count? But there are for sure catches that are drops, and 100% the receiver's fault, that don't get marked at drops.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Davis doesn’t have a drop.

Yet. 

There is a 100% chance he shows up for this game. 

Doesn’t have a drop but last week it looked like him and Lawrence weren’t on the same page in the redzone. Bet it was Lawrence’s fault just like it was always Allens

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No...they beat us here in week 1 during the drought when Leftwich threw a TD in the back of the EZ to Ernest Wilford as time expired. That was in 2004, so 20 years, but then we also lost 36-26 in 2010 which was in OP as well, which means it's been 14 years.  A far cry from 30.

I was at that game, Im still pissed.

We need to finally beat these clowns, Allen has had hell with them for some reason.

On 9/15/2024 at 10:18 PM, Mikie2times said:

I don’t know how we could look past them after what happened last year

Only fans look past opponents, you can bet your bottom dollar McDermott isn’t taking this game for granted, and neither are the players, imo it won’t be easy, but we got this ,

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

My trap game is IND. The way the schedule sets I could really see them go 3-0 TEN-SEA-MIA and be 6-3 7-2 and complete letdown game as IND has their rushing attack figured out. IND we just always seem to have very weird games against.

I agree. We had some ugly trap games last year (Giants game, Chargers game, Broncos game) where we looked past opponents/underestimated them and barely won two of those (lost Broncos game). Every year we come out completely flat against a few opponents. We came out very flat against the Jags back in 2021 and gave Urban Meyer one of his few wins. 

6 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I agree. We had some ugly trap games last year (Giants game, Chargers game, Broncos game) where we looked past opponents/underestimated them and barely won two of those (lost Broncos game). Every year we come out completely flat against a few opponents. We came out very flat against the Jags back in 2021 and gave Urban Meyer one of his few wins. 

t

h

e

r

e

a

r

e

n

o

t

r

a

p

g

a

m

e

s

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952572wsb9jkj7oa1lfeot

22 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

The concept of a trap game is that a team was looking past a weaker opponent in anticipation of playing a stronger opponent. Like the Bengals losing to the Pats with a game in KC on tap. But in none of these games did we have a big game in the next week. The Bills just played poorly against the Giants, the Chargers got that new coach bounce, and the Broncos were on a heater at that point. Remember, they had just beaten the Chiefs 24-9 in their previous game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the drop stats must be misleading. I literally saw him drop a ball last game. He was hit from behind after catching it, and dropped it— maybe it doesn’t count as a drop because of the hit. But it hit him in the chest and he dropped it. 

Was it a 60-yard throw with the game on the line when he dropped the pass that hit him squarely on the chest perfectly in stride? (Asking for a friend.)

• Sad 1

On 9/15/2024 at 4:28 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Remember the days when 2-0 gave you an 80% chance of making the playoffs? Those days are LOOOOOOOOONG gone!

I remember the days during the drought when if we went 0-2 the season was over right then - point blank period.  It was so demoralizing

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Bills shouldn’t have to do anything special to win

Not sure the Bills are THAT more talented than the Jags at this point. It is somewhat a bad matchup actually. 

I will say Josh (our Josh) looks to be more level headed compared to last year at this time, i.e. not looking for killer shots often while finding quick answers whereas Lawrence is just the opposite. This will be the strongest defense we see up to this point. Less mistake from Josh and more mistake from Lawrence may tilt the balance.

34 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Jags have been terrible. Bills shouldn’t have to do anything special to win. Just keep things simple and no major mistakes (*cough* Burrow fumble for a TD *cough*).

It's true, Jacksonville hasn't played well on offense.  However, they have some skill players who have some talent.  There's nothing that says they can't have a good game.  Defensively, they are not giving up a ton of points.  Buffalo should win, but take nothing for granted.