Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

On 9/15/2024 at 6:13 PM, The Helmet of said:

I’m not worried about a trap at home on Monday night football against an opponent they know well early in the season with extra time to prepare.

The game at Seattle later on in the season would worry me more… tough road trip against a team you rarely play…

Looking for a complete performance against the JAGS.

My trap game is IND. The way the schedule sets I could really see them go 3-0 TEN-SEA-MIA and be 6-3 7-2 and complete letdown game as IND has their rushing attack figured out. IND we just always seem to have very weird games against.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Look who’s #1 in thanks to his new buddy Gabe Davis 

Guarantee they catch everything in sight against us tho...just how it rolls.  No idea why the Jags have been such thorns in our side for 30 years now but they have been.  Well...I guess not as much as I thought.  We have a 9-8 record all time versus them and have never lost more than 2 times in a row to them.  Allen, don't start now!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Am I the only one who just noticed there are two Monday Night Football Games?

The other is Cincinatti @ Washington.

that's insane.

No, you're not the only one who noticed, just the only one is overly bothered by it. It's the NFL, they have been putting multiple games on Monday nights  early in the season for years now. Who cares. If its good for the league its indirectly good for the Bills and us. Calling it "insane" is childish. Let's focus on football and less on the business of the NFL, which its always going to try and grow. Why this shocks anyone is beyond me. 

Edited by vtnatefootball11

14 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

No, you're not the only one who noticed, just the only one is overly bothered by it. It's the NFL, they have been putting multiple games on Monday nights  early in the season for years now. Who cares. If its good for the league its indirectly good for the Bills and us. Calling it "insane" is childish. Let's focus on football and less on the business of the NFL, which its always going to try and grow. Why this shocks anyone is beyond me. 

eVeRyThInG oN tHe InTeRnEt Is ThIs SeRiOuS!1!1!1!

• Simon pinned this topic
34 minutes ago, nucci said:

yeah, instead we get Orlovsky and Riddick. Prefer Buck and Aikman

Orlovsky has really been defending Josh in the media lately. 

I much prefer these two than Buck and Aikman who have mailed it in and no longer study or have new relevant football knowledge 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

17 minutes ago, DJB said:

Orlovsky has really been defending Josh in the media lately. 

I much prefer these two than Buck and Aikman who have mailed it in and no longer study or have new relevant football knowledge 

Fair but then remove Riddick, he doesn't stop talking

Edited by nucci

20 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I'm always nervous about the Bills, but this Jags game is another test. The Jags have played so badly and they will be a desperate team. They have some talented players who could break out. And the Bills have had a number of inexplicable games against the Jags going back to the 1990s. 

I want the Bills to squash them like a bug but I'll be happy if they eek out a win and nobody gets hurt. 

I hate to say this, but how about some injury karma for once. Instead of half our team going down, maybe they get the bug for once. I hate playing these guys— just fluke injury after injury….

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

i'm so excited to see the Bengals Commanders game - no one ever.

imagine the Commanders winning? Ravens stand a good shot at losing. Browns should beat the Giants. Steelers undefeated host the Chaargers and should win.

Bengals and Ravens 0-3 would be so flippin cute.

And the Jags :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Davis doesn’t have a drop.

Yet. 

There is a 100% chance he shows up for this game. 

the drop stats must be misleading. I literally saw him drop a ball last game. He was hit from behind after catching it, and dropped it— maybe it doesn’t count as a drop because of the hit. But it hit him in the chest and he dropped it.