Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF

Royale with Cheese

I'm starting this early because I'm flying up there with my son next week and after last night, I'm more excited than I was Christmas 1987 when I got my Nintendo.

The energy should be off the charts.

So, the Jags play the Browns.  I'm not sure if you're going to get any indication on that game because I think the Browns suck.  However, if Deshaun Watson can move the ball on them, I'm going to start feeling confident.  The Jags lost to the Dolphins but they did fumble it away.  So it looks like the Jags were able to move the ball on the Dolphins prior to that?  I think we can get to Lawrence and can make it rough for him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Royale with Cheese changed the title to Bills vs Jags MNF Pregame Thread 7:30 pm start time
3 minutes ago, behind a post WMS69 said:

Is there screaming lead guitar?

How could there not be?

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I love that we're playing them at home on a mini-bye 

I'm looking at it like the Titans.  Two years in the row, the Titans beat us.  Then they came to us MNF on 2022....blew them out.

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I love that we're playing them at home on a mini-bye 

yup.. and the last time we (truly) played them at home was 2018, Josh’s rookie season, I believe?  (The Jalen Ramsey “he trash” game)

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can we just see Josh Allen leap over Josh Allen? 

That’s Josh HINES - Allen to you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How could there not be?

I'm looking at it like the Titans.  Two years in the row, the Titans beat us.  Then they came to us MNF on 2022....blew them out.

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

We never match up with the Jags well, however with that being said, i love when the Bills play them as the Jags are somewhat of a barometer for this team because we rarely beat them these days and they always play us tough.

I don't think we've played the Jags at home since the Fournette brawl during Josh's rookie season. 

Really looking forward to this game.

I also think it's going to be a really good barometer for our OLine, which looks better than last year. But this Jags DLine is much stouter than any they have faced. So looking forward to seeing our OLine's performance. 

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

We never match up with the Jags well, however with that being said, i love when the Bills play them as the Jags are somewhat of a barometer for this team because we rarely beat them these days and they always play us tough.

it’s weird how this dynamic plays out between certain teams. Of course it can and does change with time and players. 

Still, there are some teams that seem to rise to unusually tough opponents. The Jets have also held this role in recent years with the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jags one of those bugaboo teams for us...never seem to play well against them even going back to the Kelly era. Need to take care of business.

Have been some crazy games against them over the years...

• Kelly's last game in a playoff loss where Natrone Means "Business" crushed us and knocked us out of the playoffs at home(I was there). 
  • Losing on the last play of the game on a Leftwich TD pass in the back of the endzone.
  • Losing on a BS phantom PI penalty late in the 4th by Nickell Roby where he literally never touched the player 
  • Tyrod playoff game where we played great on D and did nothing on O and lost 10-3
  • Disgusting Urban Meyer game where the "other Josh Allen" had a sack, fumble recovery and INT against our Allen and we lost 9-3
  • London game last year

Bills need to play a lot better than they usually do against them to win.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There are 30 more football games that have to be played before the MNF game.

Plenty of time to see what goes on in the NFL and with the Jags.

There is also a lot of time for some walking wounded Bills to get some good rest.

Bills at 2-0 get to sit back for a bit. 

I think I'll do the same and chillax for a bit!

• Like (+1) 5

• Simon changed the title to Bills vs Jags Game Week Thread - MNF
52 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There are 30 more football games that have to be played before the MNF game.

Plenty of time to see what goes on in the NFL and with the Jags.

There is also a lot of time for some walking wounded Bills to get some good rest.

Bills at 2-0 get to sit back for a bit. 

I think I'll do the same and chillax for a bit!

I was about to correct you and say only 15 games, but… you’re right. Dang.

Playing TNF and then not again until the following week’s MNF is weird.  Gives our guys some extra time to heal up though

• Like (+1) 2