Damar tackle

TD716

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

IMHO Hamlin was expecting Tua to slide once he got the 1st.  Man has no field awareness as a runner (Tua I mean)

Tua thought he was Josh Allen for a second and decides to lower his head, and it wasn't even in Damar chest, it was his forearm.  So much for all that judo and learning how to take a fall properly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

I would not say well but enough other players made plays so it was not an impact.

Whenever the ELITE WRs of Dolphins are held in check I will give credit to all the secondary including the safety play, hence well enough

49 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They had some effective stretch plays horizontally in the run game, they used motion to pin defenders out of the play, and tua took a number of checkdowns.  But outside runs resulted in a number of no-gains and losses.  Once you're behind the chains, you're less likely to toss that checkdown and thats where mistakes were made.  

All that you say is true, but the point remains that Tua made uncharacteristic mistakes.  He threw a pick on the very first drive.  Yes, you're correct, it was 3rd and 13, but he had Jonnu Smith wide open short, with a chance to get YAC and make it a short 4th down; he had Chosen who looked open; Bernard had Grant DuBose covered like a blanket.  This is the first drive, "feeling the other guy out" territory.  Tua had no reason to press like that.

After a successful TD scoring drive to tie the game, Tua threw his second INT on 1st and 10, just after a successful 12 yd gain by Hill.   Tua had space around him and room to step into his throw, he just overthrew Chosen (who would have been open to a better throw) and it sailed right into Bernard's waiting hands.

Again, at this point the score was 7-7 and the Phins had scored on their previous drive; it was just a bad decision/throw on 1st down.

Just now, Beck Water said:

All that you say is true, but the point remains that Tua made uncharacteristic mistakes.  He threw a pick on the very first drive.  Yes, you're correct, it was 3rd and 13, but he had Jonnu Smith wide open short, with a chance to get YAC and make it a short 4th down; he had Chosen who looked open; Bernard had Grant DuBose covered like a blanket.  This is the first drive, "feeling the other guy out" territory.  Tua had no reason to press like that.

After a successful TD scoring drive to tie the game, Tua threw his second INT on 1st and 10, just after a successful 12 yd gain by Hill.   Tua had space around him and room to step into his throw, he just overthrew Chosen (who would have been open to a better throw) and it sailed right into Bernard's waiting hands.

Again, at this point the score was 7-7 and the Phins had scored on their previous drive; it was just a bad decision/throw on 1st down.

Hill took himself out on both of those INT plays too.  

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tua thought he was Josh Allen for a second and decides to lower his head, and it wasn't even in Damar chest, it was his forearm.  So much for all that judo and learning how to take a fall properly.

Right, but why did he decide to lower his shoulder/head?  He was past the first down marker at that point.  

Give the guy credit for knowing they're down 3 scores and wanting to make something happen, but it's 4th and 3 at the Buf 13, the minute you pass the 9 yd line PROTECT YOURSELF.  He had no chance of scoring a TD there.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Right, but why did he decide to lower his shoulder/head?  He was past the first down marker at that point.  

Give the guy credit for knowing they're down 3 scores and wanting to make something happen, but it's 4th and 3 at the Buf 13, the minute you pass the 9 yd line PROTECT YOURSELF.  He had no chance of scoring a TD there.

Agree but again, for a competitive second he thought he was Josh Allen and unstoppable. Tua deserves  credit for trying to win but also all the "blame" for that concussion.

Lets be honest, Tua was borderline terrible yesterday.  The last interception again he thought he was Josh Allen but doesn't have his arm strength to through it away, we end up with a pick 6 and the game was effectively over after that.The Bills should have given him a game ball.  My biggest takeaways was Tua was terrible yesterday, not that the Bills ere elite (although the O Line and Cook were very impressive).

I dont know Tua's contract status but if I were him, I would hang it up and get a gig on TV a a color commentator.  He is smart, articulate, he should do it now as he has enough name recognition & credibility.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There was a lot of miscommunication between Tua and his second tier receivers. The receiver didn't turn his head quick enuf so the ball bounced off of him. Not on Tua. Chosen ran a hook when Tua was thinking deep out or back shoulder. It was likely not the bad Tua overthrow it seemed to be. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I haven't wanted to "go there", but I will at this time.

Bear in mind that in 2022, Tua had a horrible 2nd concussion complete with fencing response on Thursday night....after he had what every "injury spotter" doc and even talking heads felt pretty sure was a concussion on Sunday afternoon vs the Bills

Prior to the concussion last night, Tua was having a "terrible, horrible, no good very bad" game against the Bills.  

One of Tua's calling cards is being "careful with the football": having good judgement, knowing when to check it down or throw it away, being "careful with the football" (maybe too careful).  In 2022, McDaniel's 1st year, he had 25 TD to 8 INT.  Last year he took more chances, but still 29 to 14.  It's not that he's never thrown a 3 INT game before, but only one other since his rookie year.  

I've wondered if careful scrutiny would show a possible concussion that went un-addressed during the Mia-Jax game leading to uncharacteristic mistakes.

Yeah, Damar basically stood there like a wall and Tua lowered his helmet and ran right into him.  I mean, c'Mon man!

I thought the same thing.  Running into a relatively skinny guy who is barely moving shouldn't have caused what we saw last night.