Damar tackle

TD716

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

I don’t want to tell you how to word your posts, but shouldn’t the contractor stay away from hammers if that happened?

That probably makes more sense. Thanks!

• Haha (+1) 1

I would think Damar is wearing a chest pad/plate to disperse the energy of impacts in that area of his chest, or at least I would hope so, 

It was a powder-puff hit on Tua and the idiot-machine for hot media takes kicks in.

Plenty of articles I saw that say "vicious hit..." huh?

Did they watch the game or replay? The fact that Damar basically cradled him to the ground and Tua still suffered a concussion is the concerning thing.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

That's a seriously ugly chart.  3/15 for like 60 yards with 2 INTs on throws 10 yards beyond the LOS is... bad.  

I haven't wanted to "go there", but I will at this time.

Bear in mind that in 2022, Tua had a horrible 2nd concussion complete with fencing response on Thursday night....after he had what every "injury spotter" doc and even talking heads felt pretty sure was a concussion on Sunday afternoon vs the Bills

Prior to the concussion last night, Tua was having a "terrible, horrible, no good very bad" game against the Bills.  

One of Tua's calling cards is being "careful with the football": having good judgement, knowing when to check it down or throw it away, being "careful with the football" (maybe too careful).  In 2022, McDaniel's 1st year, he had 25 TD to 8 INT.  Last year he took more chances, but still 29 to 14.  It's not that he's never thrown a 3 INT game before, but only one other since his rookie year.  

I've wondered if careful scrutiny would show a possible concussion that went un-addressed during the Mia-Jax game leading to uncharacteristic mistakes.

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It was a powder-puff hit on Tua and the idiot-machine for hot media takes kicks in.

Plenty of articles I saw that say "vicious hit..." huh?

Did they watch the game or replay? The fact that Damar basically cradled him to the ground and Tua still suffered a concussion is the concerning thing.

Yeah, Damar basically stood there like a wall and Tua lowered his helmet and ran right into him.  I mean, c'Mon man!

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bear in mind that in 2022, Tua had a horrible 2nd concussion complete with fencing response on Thursday night....after he had what every "injury spotter" doc and even talking heads felt pretty sure was a concussion on Sunday afternoon vs the Bills

Prior to the concussion last night, Tua was having a "terrible, horrible, no good very bad" game against the Bills.  

One of Tua's calling cards is being "careful with the football": having good judgement, knowing when to check it down or throw it away, being "careful with the football" (maybe too careful).  In 2022, McDaniel's 1st year, he had 25 TD to 8 INT.  Last year he took more chances, but still 29 to 14.  It's not that he's never thrown a 3 INT game before, but only one other since his rookie year.  

I've wondered if careful scrutiny would show a possible concussion that went un-addressed during the Mia-Jax game leading to uncharacteristic mistakes.

Yeah, Damar basically stood there like a wall and Tua lowered his helmet and ran right into him.  I mean, c'Mon man!

They had some effective stretch plays horizontally in the run game, they used motion to pin defenders out of the play, and tua took a number of checkdowns.  But outside runs resulted in a number of no-gains and losses.  Once you're behind the chains, you're less likely to toss that checkdown and thats where mistakes were made.  

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hamlin did nothing wrong. Tua panicked and dove head first into him.

And Tua didn't need to dive. He could have slid and gotten the first down. He's supposed to know what yardage he needs and where he's at on the field. 
The fact that it wasn't a big hit shows how susceptible Tua is to concussions. It's his decision once he's through protocol but if the risk of permanent disability is serious, which seems to be the case, I think he would be well advised to walk from the game. If that's what he does I'm happy for hiim especially since he got paid and that the Dolphins have to fill that Florida sinkhole with $200M that might have been better spent on D.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They had some effective stretch plays horizontally in the run game, they used motion to pin defenders out of the play, and tua took a number of checkdowns.  But outside runs resulted in a number of no-gains and losses.  Once you're behind the chains, you're less likely to toss that checkdown and thats where mistakes were made.  

Mcdermott knows Mcdaniel will not commit to the run.  They dont have the blockers at wr for it.  Hill and Waddle want those touches.  Dont really have the offensive line for it.  

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Not every half-formed thought needs its own thread.  Damar did absolutely nothing wrong.  He made a tackle that was only awkward because he thought Tua would slide.

Except absorbing another direct hit to the chest

Edited by TD716

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I sat amongst alot of the Dolphin season ticket holders and they seem to think it was a repeat of last week's gameplan: short swing passes, throws to the flat, rushing attempts, check downs. 

Nobody knows why McDaniels has been calling it that way so far, but they are less than thrilled. Very few downfield attempts and the ones that they have tried have looked completely different than last year where Tyreek owned the middle range routes. 

It's possible he's trying to hide a deficiency, either in Tua or in Hill. In my opinion, Hill looked like a guy who knew he was a decoy last night. Unfinished routes, alot of jogging, very little communication with his teammates. 

Give Hamlin some credit. He's played good in the two games, and he stepped up to stop a TD that could have shifted the game. He made a good tackle at the exact moment we needed it. He may not be great, but he's not that bad. 

Edited by leonbus23
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Mcdermott knows Mcdaniel will not commit to the run.  They dont have the blockers at wr for it.  Hill and Waddle want those touches.  Dont really have the offensive line for it.  

Looked to me like McDaniel invested too heavily in the run game. That seemed to be in their gameplan even with Mostert out and their second best back active but injured. 

The bigger question here is what you would say to Tua if he were your son.

I don’t know Tua, so it doesn’t really matter to me, but if he were my son, I’d tell him to walk away while he still knows his own name.

money is of no concern, nor will it be for generations of his family, guaranteed contract money aside.

Pretty sure his team, or team management don’t give a rats behind about his health, as they have a huge amount of $$ invested in him, and right now, Tua gives them the best chance to win, if the coach really cared about Tua the person, like he says he does, he’d tell him to pack it in right now.

it’s not a nice thing to watch, and will only happen more often, and get worse.