Damar tackle

TD716

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah.  He needs to learn to tackle better.  He's not the hammer, he's the nail.

C'mon give Damar a little credit, he took out the opponents starting QB with a legal hit.   He should get a little credit, no one would be saying much if Damar had puzzied out and laid off, given his circumstances, but he didn't do that.

I think most of us believe Damar to be a place holder until we get others back - and Bishop develops.  But it's nice to see Damar make an impactful physical play.  Looks like he can be an excellent team player type backup.  That's more than I expected.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Yes and there was no way he was going to get a TD so once he got past 1st down marker he should have slid but based on poor field and game getting chippy with multiple late blows by Phish players he might have felt it was safer or he might have got an unnecessary roughness cal.. Bad call.

I'm having trouble parsing this.  You're saying Tua might have felt it was safer to keep running with a safety right there than to slide?

7 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

Honestly with how thin they are at safety Hamlin is a good player to have around. I'm glad he came back to life and is still playing for the Bills, and I think he played pretty well last night. 

Thank you.  Yes, Hamlin played well last night.

See this?  There are two reasons for this.  One is pressure.  The other is solid coverage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

C'mon give Damar a little credit, he took out the opponents starting QB with a legal hit.   He should get a little credit, no one would be saying much if Damar had puzzied out and laid off, given his circumstances, but he didn't do that.

I think most of us believe Damar to be a place holder until we get others back - and Bishop develops.  But it's nice to see Damar make an impactful physical play.  Looks like he can be an excellent team player type backup.  That's more than I expected.

Tua hit him.  Damar did what he was supposed to by breaking down and not going forward....but I just think he didn't need to take on that much impact himself.

That's all I'm saying.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm having trouble parsing this.  You're saying Tua might have felt it was safer to keep running with a safety right there than to slide?

Yes.  Not saying it was good idea but Josh has expressed same thing sometimes.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tua hit him.  Damar did what he was supposed to by breaking down and not going forward....but I just think he didn't need to take on that much impact himself.

That's all I'm saying.

Kind of weird, two light weights going at it.  But I liked seeing Damar at least didn't back away from the collision.  I don't think he had great form and it didn't look vicious at all (unlike Po going at Shakir), but I like that Damar went for it, awkwardly and all.   

Good trait for when he is able to be moved into his rightful spot as a backup (IMO).  Good team guy and easy to root for.

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Kind of weird, two light weights going at it.  But I liked seeing Damar at least didn't back away from the collision.  I don't think he had great form and it didn't look vicious at all (unlike Po going at Shakir), but I like that Damar went for it, awkwardly and all.   

Good trait for when he is able to be moved into his rightful spot as a backup (IMO).  Good team guy and easy to root for.

I agree but would also say it is a mercy that he didn't hit Tua like Po hit Shakir or he may have put him in a coma.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Yes.  Not saying it was good idea but Josh has expressed same thing sometimes.

Josh is rationalizing in favor of his personal preference, which is to keep running and put his shoulder down or stiff-arm defenders.  He enjoys that, and by now, every defender in the league is like "*****, here comes that MF.  He ain't gonna Posterize ME!" so there is a higher risk of a late hit by a revved up defender who doesn't expect him to slide.

Tua, on the other hand, should not be putting his head down.  He just isn't built for it.

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Sharp is correct.  I don't know what Phifer is seeing.  Hamlin can be a "thumper" but in this instance, he was not at all prepared to "thump".

17 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

I agree but would also say it is a mercy that he didn't hit Tua like Po hit Shakir or he may have put him in a coma.

That was such an unnecessary hit.  Po going "Rapp" on his teammates, flying in for a hit when there were 2 guys already there.

• Agree 1

Acho had some good comments this morning on his show.  He said that the last player in the entire NFL that wanted to hit Tua or hit him hard is Damar.  And for Tua to get concussed like that on a hit where Damar was basically trying to tackle/cradle Tua like a baby, just shows how fragile his brain is. 

His take is that Damar cradled him and Tua still got concussed.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

This is like telling a contractor he needs to stay away from ladders because a hammer fell on his foot one time. 

I don’t want to tell you how to word your posts, but shouldn’t the contractor stay away from hammers if that happened?

• Like (+1) 1