Damar tackle

TD716

2 minutes ago, TD716 said:

I feel for Tua. I know it’s a fast moving game, but Damar Hamlin has got to stop accepting blows and tackling with his chest.

I get the concern there, but hard to stop in the moment, and the odds that he experiences that again are extremely rare.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly Hamlin needs to revert back to the 3rd safety. He’s played fine, but he doesn’t make much impact. Bishop is a much better athlete and a better pedigree of a player.

And that's exactly what's going to happen once Bishop learns the defense. Perhaps as soon as Monday night.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I get the concern there, but hard to stop in the moment, and the odds that he experiences that again are extremely rare.  

Less than 30 cases a year.  Not talking about the NFL, that is in the entire US.

10 minutes ago, TD716 said:

I feel for Tua. I know it’s a fast moving game, but Damar Hamlin has got to stop accepting blows and tackling with his chest.

It's not like he has a condition that makes him more susceptible to heart attacks or something. 

This is like telling a contractor he needs to stay away from ladders because a hammer fell on his foot one time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly Hamlin needs to revert back to the 3rd safety. He’s played fine, but he doesn’t make much impact. Bishop is a much better athlete and a better pedigree of a player.

Listen to yourself  "He's played fine"

Shoulda stopped there.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah.  He needs to learn to tackle better.  He's not the hammer, he's the nail.

I think he probably approaches that tackle differently if it wasn’t a qb leading with his head.  You never know with these crazy unnecessary roughness penalties these days 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, TD716 said:

I don't know that its more or less likely to occur.  From my understanding it has to be a hard hit, at a specific time of a heartbeat that causes the heart to stop beating.  

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

IMHO Hamlin was expecting Tua to slide once he got the 1st.  Man has no field awareness as a runner (Tua I mean)

Yes and there was no way he was going to get a TD so once he got past 1st down marker he should have slid but based on poor field and game getting chippy with multiple late blows by Phish players he might have felt it was safer or he might have got an unnecessary roughness cal.. Bad call.