Anybody use a blood pressure monitor?

Saxum

My doctor, an internist, is worried about blood pressure affect on kidneys and I told him my blood pressure is always high after driving or other high stress situation like some of the tests I have undergone recently.  I looked at reviews and most of them seem to get kickback on monitors they recommend or they require payment to get full review even Consumer Reports.  My doctor wants me to measure and bring to office to compare against office measurements but I have read on several scientific sites that many doctor offices use unreliable devices.

Anyone have a blood pressure monitor which they use and are happy about?  I do not care about blue tooth capability storing into an apple watch, etc.  It seems that many manufactures are aiming at high end market.

I have this model.

Omron 10 Series

Great product.  Easy to put on by myself.  Very consistent.

When getting a BP cuff. See if you can have someone do manual blood pressures along with the machine to see how close they are. This model is pretty much spot on for me.

I would stay away from the ones that are on the wrist. Have not seen one that is consistent.  Father had a bunch of them and they always were off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've had a couple. Don't know the brands. Got the current one from Walgreens. Maybe i need a higher end version, but my experience is they're never spot-on. I can take BP a couple times just 10-15 minutes apart and get moderately different readings. switch arms...different. I use it to check if I'm within a reasonable range. 

And I leave it on for Bills games. 

6 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I've had a couple. Don't know the brands. Got the current one from Walgreens. Maybe i need a higher end version, but my experience is they're never spot-on. I can take BP a couple times just 10-15 minutes apart and get moderately different readings. switch arms...different. I use it to check if I'm within a reasonable range. 

And I leave it on for Bills games. 

Same hear with wrist ones, all over the place readings

54 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

For my annual physical, I take my BP cuff with me.  Primary will then take a reading by my monitor, and then his gear.  Numbers are usually pretty close. 

I ordered one and will be bringing it to doctor's office to do same. Doctor requested it.