Poyer angles

7 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

First, I still really like Jordan Poyer and I hope when Dolphins come to Buffalo, Bills do something classy for him. But I’ve noticed that as he gets older he takes some horrible angles at times. I’m glad he did on one of Cook’s TDs but man did he blow that play. 

He tried to pull a Thurman Thomas on us and couldn’t.  He still has another shot but has to stay healthy, not an easy assignment for an older that hasn’t looked like himself since the 2021 season.

7 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

First, I still really like Jordan Poyer and I hope when Dolphins come to Buffalo, Bills do something classy for him. But I’ve noticed that as he gets older he takes some horrible angles at times. I’m glad he did on one of Cook’s TDs but man did he blow that play. 

He tried to pull a Thurman Thomas on us and couldn’t.  He still has another shot but has to stay healthy, not an easy assignment for an older that hasn’t looked like himself since the 2021 season.

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I’ve been saying he was way too slow for like three years. I was correct.

He looked like he was running in molasses last night. He has been slowing for years and years and I think at points last year, he was a liability. Of course we love Poyer.. but he was on the downhill for, like you said, a few years and last night he was brutal. 

lol, the second Cook broke through the line and I saw it was only #21 out there I was jumping up and down yelling "TO THE HOUSE! TO THE HOUSE!".

Glad Poyer gets to milk a couple more million out of the Dolphins while semi-retiring to south Florida. Although I'm sure Rachel has spent it already.

• Haha (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

This plus the dumb unnecessary helmet to helmet shot on Shakir was why Poyer leaving didn’t bother me at all as it was time.  He was an amazing player who played his butt off for Buffalo but he’s at the end of the road and the Bills were smart to build for the future.  

• Agree 1

"It's better to get rid of guys a year early than a year late."

This offseason epitomized this philosophy and I'm so happy we have a Front Office staff who gets it.

Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Morse, shoot ... might even add Diggs in there considering we still got a 2nd rounder for him.

Beane gets it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's why I didn't think losing Poyer or Hyde was a lost. I'll miss their minds but their bodies are starting to fail them in the NFL. I saw the last two years Poyer taking the wrong angles. The game against the Titans (where Allen slipped on the last play) the Bills were up 6-0 or something and Derrick Henry had a long run and it was all set up by Poyer not having the proper angle. Since then it's just been in my head that he just lost a half step and that turned him from an elite Safety to a below to average Safety imo

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Jordan Poyer loves us so much he helps us out even when he is wearing the other teams uniform 

After the personal foul and then that ridiculous angle he took, I was thinking; there's our Manchurian Candidate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

His angle-finder is solving for solutions his legs can no longer execute

7 hours ago, Nuncha said:

Poyer clearly lost a step, you could see it last year.  Nice to see Cook outrun him for a score.

To be fair, though, I think I read that Cook's speed was >20 mph on that run - even a young Poyer woulda had trouble with that 

51 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Just realize Poyer didn't even shake hands with his former teammates played together in last few years after last night's game......

Is this verified?  

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Let's be clear the only reason Hyde isn't playing yet this year is because of health concerns.  This dialogue that Hyde has lost a step is crazy.

We’ll agree to disagree as he was beat more times than once the last year when playing.  I loved Micah, but he’s in his 30’s and they start losing their legs.  His head was his best asset as he’s one of smartest Safeties in the NFL the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

Just realize Poyer didn't even shake hands with his former teammates played together in last few years after last night's game......

BS. Poyer went right to the locker room to find his current teammate who suffered a major injury in the game.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

The difference is that there’s not the same animosity with Poyer as there was with Thurman.   If you listen to Thurman these days he’ll say he signed with Miami to spite Buffalo.

I think for Poyer it was more about playing in his hometown of Florida