Tua's foundation if you're inclined

Herc11

12 hours ago, Sweats said:

Now don't get me wrong, but shouldn't we be more focused on charitable events promoting employment opportunities or food banks or shelters for the poor and homeless, etc. in a stagnant economy where people in our local communities are hurting and suffering?

I'm just saying, maybe look at your own local charity opportunities.

You want to help someone?........start in your own community.

My opinion.

Good idea,  but no national publicity for that.  

Some people want to be praised.

11 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You make $231,000 a year?

Yeah, probably partly true, but I guess even if done for the wrong reasons, it's cool that people are donating to charitable causes that help people.

Yep sure do. Your point?

8 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Honestly some of you guys are just terrible. If you have nothing good to say, then just move on. The insensitive and straight up STUPID comments are not a good look for the board and the fan base. Have some class and empathy.

Jesus christ man. Its a message board. Quit trying to save the world. You can move on also. Comments like that bloe my mine. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Guy just signed a contract for something like $160M guaranteed. Why do regular hard working folks have such a fetish for giving money to millionaires? 

It's not going to him, it's going to his charitable foundation.

And the last time Bills fans did this, I think he matched their total and doubled the amount of money that was going to good works.

So it actually ended up making us look good, helping people AND costing Tua money.

We all win!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, mollymalonesmafia said:

Yep sure do. Your point?

Jesus christ man. Its a message board. Quit trying to save the world. You can move on also. Comments like that bloe my mine. 

I guess my point is, using the "I make 1% of a rich athlete" to make the case that you are somehow financially disadvantaged is pretty laughable. The only 1% you are is in the top 1% of the country in income.

So I guess my point was put a cork in it :)

On 9/14/2024 at 2:38 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

I guess my point is, using the "I make 1% of a rich athlete" to make the case that you are somehow financially disadvantaged is pretty laughable. The only 1% you are is in the top 1% of the country in income.

So I guess my point was put a cork in it :)

Next time you try hard to be funny. Make sense

Edited by mollymalonesmafia

On 9/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, mollymalonesmafia said:

Yep sure do. Your point?

No one's trying to save the world, just being decent human beings and trying to be good representatives of our fan base.

It's small things like donating $17 that can leave lasting impressions on people. Showing a little empathy. I'd rather leave this kind of impression than that of a cold-hearted ass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/13/2024 at 3:53 AM, Doc Brown said:

Any reason to donate to a good cause and it's a worthwhile endeavor. 

The “problem” (so to speak) of donating to these player foundations is that they are often the least effective way of helping.

1) The players often have little to nothing to do with the foundation outside of lending their name and maybe a minuscule portion of their time (mostly for photo-ops). The management firms that actually run these foundations do so in order to make money off of donations. For example, of the ~$400k that was donated to Andy Dalton’s foundation, ~$100k of that was paid to a management firm. 

2) These management firms, after taking their cut, divvy up the funds to organizations or causes of their choosing. Tua’s foundation, for example, has a very wide-spread and generic focus which means they can pretty much donate their funds to anywhere and anything. 

With these two facts in mind, it is easy to see that it is far more beneficial for a fan to donate directly to a cause that uses their funds for a purpose that is meaningful to the fan and and is wholly used for that purpose, rather than donate to a middle-man player foundation that dilutes the money and then chooses where to send the funds. 

My final concern with the donation trend is that it is ego-driven. This is why we often see updates “Up to X amount” and “Keep it going, we are almost over XX amount”.

All that being said, I have no problem with people donating. Especially if Tua matches it, like he did last time. I genuinely think Tua is a good human being and I think the money will end up with a good cause, but I believe that it is undeniably the least-effective way of donating due to middlemen.

Edited by Einstein

On 9/13/2024 at 4:41 PM, kirkwoodus13 said:

Honestly some of you guys are just terrible. If you have nothing good to say, then just move on. The insensitive and straight up STUPID comments are not a good look for the board and the fan base. Have some class and empathy.

sign of our times though.   used to be you got shamed for being a terrible person,  and either you adjusted,  or were ostracized by your community for being an asshat.   cant shame anybody anymore,  people just dgaf.   sad times.   good vibes.

On 9/13/2024 at 7:53 AM, RangerDave said:

I personally was surprised that Tua lowered his head and went head first into the defender, especially given his concussion history.  He had already made the first down.  Seemed like an unnecessary risk.

I also dislike repeated replays of Al Michaels who says Hamlin hit Tua - Damar Hamlin was in front of Tua and Tua lowered head and hit Hamlin.

• Agree 1