AFC East

Thrivefourfive

17 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I see four very weak teams. They are a talented team and had a tough opener on the road against San Fran. Plus I expect Rodgers to get more comfortable as he plays more. Of course would be more than happy to be wrong :)

Rodgers wasn’t the problem. That defense turned into nonexistent by the 2Q. That’s insane to me. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Airseven said:

I thought Miami would take the division, but obviously now they're in an early hole. Jets are impossible to gauge. Pats D will keep them competitive but unlikely to contend. Bills schedule/injuries will catch up. It's still wide open, but at least Bills got a quick first step. 

A Dolphins fan predicting the Dolphins to win the division. What a surprise! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The pre season narratives in the media for the Jets and Dolphins were absurd. The idea that a 40 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury was going to combine with a coach who has never coached a playoff game and a couple of wash recievers (plus Garret Wilson) some how is a Super Bowl contender is laughable. 

Similarly the idea that a team coached by a coach who never won a playoff game , QB by a guy who is an injury risk on every hit, and who the NFL outlawed their main offense scheme is going to finish ahead of the Bills was equally laughable. 

The Bills own the AFC east.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Jets and Dolphins have the talent to keep up with Buffalo, but their issue is both having questionable leadership and team chemistry. We had Chemistry issues last year that hurt us, but seemed to get past it in the second half of the year enough to win the division and get the #2 seed in the playoffs.

The path looks much easier than it did two weeks ago, but i wouldn't call it a lock yet. There are always a couple of teams in the NFL who look like a train wreck early that get hot by the end of the year.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

The pre season narratives in the media for the Jets and Dolphins were absurd. The idea that a 40 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury was going to combine with a coach who has never coached a playoff game and a couple of wash recievers (plus Garret Wilson) some how is a Super Bowl contender is laughable. 

Similarly the idea that a team coached by a coach who never won a playoff game , QB by a guy who is an injury risk on every hit, and who the NFL outlawed their main offense scheme is going to finish ahead of the Bills was equally laughable. 

The Bills own the AFC east.  

If the above two narratives were to be taken at face value, then so should the Bills losing a lot of veterans (even if they did not contribute to the team over the 2nd half of the season).  Losing Diggs, Davis, Morse, White, Poyer, Hyde and replacing them with unknowns would definitely raise doubts..

The Jets are still a very serious threat in my opinion. Yes they got beat bad in week 1 but they really limited Rodgers against that pass rush in his first game action back almost like lets get his feet wet without getting him killed. The 49ers have one of the best if not the best roster in the NFL and the Jets schedule is very soft so I expect us to have them as competition.

• Agree 1

Not going to make any proclamations about the Jets after one week against an elite team.

They should get Mike Williams more into the mix tomorrow to help out Garrett Wilson.  Breece Hall is a beast.  Rodgers arm is still elite. 

That said.. their OL better hold up because while Rodgers arm is still a cannon, the rest of his body looks washed.  Hes looking to be a pure pocket passer at this point in his career.  

On defense, if they don’t figure out the Reddick situation, they let Huff walk.. Quinnen Williams is very good, but the rest of that DL is now very dependent on the development of Jermaine Johnson and Will McDonald. 

I suspect Tua will come back in a few weeks, but the Dolphins are the same team they’ve always been.    Maybe OBJ and Chubb help them down the line, but they don’t solve the fact that they are soft in the trenches and good teams can exploit that. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the above two narratives were to be taken at face value, then so should the Bills losing a lot of veterans (even if they did not contribute to the team over the 2nd half of the season).  Losing Diggs, Davis, Morse, White, Poyer, Hyde and replacing them with unknowns would definitely raise doubts..

Only if you considered their contributions last season as anthing more than JAGs. 

1. Diggs. Sill more than a JAG
  2. Davis JAG
  3. Morse JAG
  4. White didn't play most of last year
  5. Poyer JAG
  6. Hyde missed a lot of season

Silly to expect losing any or all of them is anything more than ordinary turnover of the middle of the roster. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 9/13/2024 at 2:31 AM, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Always wondered why we say “on the road” when professional sports teams fly to every game.

In the air.

Through the air.

Through the sky.

I don’t know. There’s something, maybe.

Anywhooo….

Away

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I have a feeling the division ends up:

1.  Bills

2. Pats

3. Jets

4. Dolphins

Agreed

58 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Jets are still a very serious threat in my opinion. Yes they got beat bad in week 1 but they really limited Rodgers against that pass rush in his first game action back almost like lets get his feet wet without getting him killed. The 49ers have one of the best if not the best roster in the NFL and the Jets schedule is very soft so I expect us to have them as competition.

I just don't think Rodgers lasts the entire season. Or if he does it is because he is going to get the ball out quick and his YPA is going to be around 6.0

If that is the case, I don't see the Jets offense being good enough. And if he goes down with an injury then I definitely see the door open for the Pats to finish second.

2 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

The Jets and Dolphins have the talent to keep up with Buffalo, but their issue is both having questionable leadership and team chemistry. We had Chemistry issues last year that hurt us, but seemed to get past it in the second half of the year enough to win the division and get the #2 seed in the playoffs.

The path looks much easier than it did two weeks ago, but i wouldn't call it a lock yet. There are always a couple of teams in the NFL who look like a train wreck early that get hot by the end of the year.

image.thumb.png.ef3d0bad4aa770bf5788f83ae2b6abd3.pngimage.thumb.png.c4426a1b4180d6870629e8e2ddc71f6a.pngIsn’t it funny—not to crap on Diggs—but where are the controversies?? Where’s some drama?? And Hey, I guess Josh is taking care of business… because the media is quiet about him right now (I think.. I don’t watch).

The Bills must be doing something right. With no locker room / game plan drama, the Bills solved a big problem from the past two years. Maybe, just maybe, a true JA17 team has the type of personality that we’re all looking for. Now, I just hope that head coach does try to fill the void with his own gaffs. 

18 hours ago, Airseven said:

I thought Miami would take the division, but obviously now they're in an early hole. Jets are impossible to gauge. Pats D will keep them competitive but unlikely to contend. Bills schedule/injuries will catch up. It's still wide open, but at least Bills got a quick first step. 

An early hole?   We got to witness the downfall of the entire Miami defense organization on Thursday night.  Everything that team has put together in a a sham.  Delusion at its best!

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have no idea if Herbstreit knows this team or not, but I think there’s something to this corny cliché he continued to throw around TNF.

We could literally have a chip on our shoulder for every single game, we ever play. The League hasn’t been good to us. 

Next up: Jacksonville — HUGE Chip on their shoulders for this one! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Dolphins fans are now talking themselves into they can still win the division with Skylar because of that playoff game he had against the Bills..

Frank Reich won several crucial games in 1989 including a last second win on MNF; 1990 he beat Miami giving the Bills home field advantage then the comeback in 1992. Not impossible!

• Haha (+1) 1