AFC East

Thrivefourfive

45 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Jags have been an issue, but we should have beat them last year. 

We are more balanced now and can rotate to several options to win. I like our chances.

Balt in Baltimore is the scariest game in this early stretch. 

I stick to my take : Jets O line is going to get Rogers killed. He won't make a 16 game season and the Jets story, just like the Phins will be the same. 

McD owns Lamar Jackson, I feel pretty good about Baltimore.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Tua is done for at least 8 weeks, and very quite possibly for his career.

It's between us and the Jets, but I agree with you that it's too early to write them off. Hopefully their Week 1 is a sign of further things to come and we can pull ahead in the division as early as possible. The rest of (or at least most) of our division falling apart and being truly bottom of the barrel in the league could go a really, really long way to getting the top seed.

The problem is, I don't think anyone can know that as no concussion is the same and it can take just days to clear or weeks.  And he does have a long week to help him clear protocol, almost like a mini bye week, if he does intend to continue playing that will help him try and get back next week or week after.  

But I also don't disagree with you that Tua could be done or out a while, just saying we just don't know for sure yet.  Personally, as a family man myself, I think he should retire and focus on his health for his family, and I think at the very least it is something he will give real consideration as he said he briefly considered that before.  

Either way, I think we win the division, but I just prefer to take it one week at a time instead of getting ahead of our selves and thinking we are just gonna skate through the division.  Especially after the injuries we took on D so early that are keeping guys out a lengthy period of time before we face our harder tests.

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

We’ve lost to the Jets with the likes of Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson at QB.  I think they’ll be tough to beat with Rodgers and that defense.

I predict that Rogers doesn't last that long. Old QBs go down. 

There are some who think the Jets could be a threat to win the division.  We'll have to see if the Jets and Rodgers can live up to their hype.  Rodgers apparently still has his arm, but his mobility is pretty well shot.  That, of course, makes him more vulnerable to injury if teams can generate pressure with their pass rush.  

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Miami would take the division, but obviously now they're in an early hole. Jets are impossible to gauge. Pats D will keep them competitive but unlikely to contend. Bills schedule/injuries will catch up. It's still wide open, but at least Bills got a quick first step. 

5 hours ago, Success said:

The Jets played a top team, so it's hard to gauge - but I didn't see anything scary there.

I think they were overhyped, and listening to NY radio, a lot of their fans thought so also, even before they played SF.

If we can stay relatively healthy, the division is ours again, imo.

Yeah, everyone has made it all about Aaron Rodgers, but I think their overall talent is overrated. I’m not buying the idea that Rodgers doesn’t need to do much because the team is so talented. Saleh is a bad coach, and the offensive coordinator is Rodgers’ puppet. This isn’t a Super Bowl team minus a QB imo. That’s every team without a star QB, and Rodgers probably isn’t that guy anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't disagree, but they said just gonna skate on through to a division title.  And we are missing Taron, Milano, and now Bernard who will be felt a lot more when we play Balt and Hou, more so than Miami and AZ.  And as much as I lovvvved the Jets dud week 1, I am not ready to declare them dead either.  And we don't even know if Tua will miss a game either and they have a pretty squishy schedule compared to ours.  So if Tua isn't out long, doesn't retire, etc...they could still stack some wins in terms of pressure on the division lead.  Their only real tough game again isn't until they play us in Buffalo week 9.  

I picked us to win the AFCE, I obviously still believe we will...just saying, lets not get out over our ski's too far here and start talking about skating on through like its nothing.  We still have a tough schedule to contend with.

And I told everyone Miami was taking a step back this year and probably wouldn't be a playoff team.  So beating up on 2 mediocre teams I don't think answers how we will fare against the real contenders we are coming up against here shortly.  

Here’s the problem with Miami, Tua can’t win against northeastern teams in cold weather. Tua was awful before getting injured and the Bills are obviously in his head. He won’t play for at least 4 weeks if Miami really cares about him like they claim. The Jets are a soft team that crumbles with any adversity. They have one dependable receiver because Williams never plays. The O-line is far from dependable and Rogers is not as elusive as in his GB years. Their defense is just OK, nothing more. They can be run on. The Bills will beat all the teams that they should and split with the playoff teams. Anything close to even money that Buffalo wins the division should warrant betting your house.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The plan for Lamar is, make him beat you from the pocket. He's a decent QB but taking away what makes him special makes that team much more manageable.

We have done a good job at this too in the past 

Man, after craning my neck to look up at the Pats in the division standings - and usually the Jets and/or Phins - I'm really appreciating these days of being the team to beat in the east. 

And it's no fluke. We'll likely win most of the division titles as long as Allen is our quarterback.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I see four very weak teams. They are a talented team and had a tough opener on the road against San Fran. Plus I expect Rodgers to get more comfortable as he plays more. Of course would be more than happy to be wrong :)

IMO, the Jests talent is overrated.   Their OL looks good on paper but in reality they are depending upon a bunch of older vets with significant injury histories.  Without a decent OL, Rodgers is likely toast sooner than later.   Their much ballyhooed defense was simply awful against the Niners.   They couldn't stop the run between the tackles and got butt whooped for their incompetence as evidenced by failing to stop the Niners from scoring on eight drives.

I think that the Jests coaching is very suspect, as evidenced by their lack of preparedness against the Niners.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The Jags do seem to occupy some Josh headspace.  Maybe it’s their Josh Allen raises his game against our Josh Allen? 

We are actually 9-10 against Jax all-time with 2 straight losses.  However, last season was that BS London game.  My guess is that game doesn’t sit well with McD or the Bills players.  Monday night at home with 11 days to prepare should help.

The Bills lost to them because they lost several defenders to injury during the game. Jacksonville's time of possession was 38:12 vs Buffalo's 21:48. The score was only 25-20. I don't think they are anywhere near Josh's headspace, other than wanting another crack at them.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The Bills lost to them because they lost several defenders to injury during the game. Jacksonville's time of possession was 38:12 vs Buffalo's 21:48. The score was only 25-20. I don't think they are anywhere near Josh's headspace, other than wanting another crack at them.

I look forward to kicking their ass next Monday and putting an end to the Jacksonville talk. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The problem is, I don't think anyone can know that as no concussion is the same and it can take just days to clear or weeks.  And he does have a long week to help him clear protocol, almost like a mini bye week, if he does intend to continue playing that will help him try and get back next week or week after.  

But I also don't disagree with you that Tua could be done or out a while, just saying we just don't know for sure yet.  Personally, as a family man myself, I think he should retire and focus on his health for his family, and I think at the very least it is something he will give real consideration as he said he briefly considered that before.  

Either way, I think we win the division, but I just prefer to take it one week at a time instead of getting ahead of our selves and thinking we are just gonna skate through the division.  Especially after the injuries we took on D so early that are keeping guys out a lengthy period of time before we face our harder tests.

I would be shocked if the independent neurologists(who are paid by the NFL BTW) clear Tua this season.

Tua has the potential to do more to damage football at the grassroots level over the next decade than just about anyone and I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL are having internal discussions as to how to handle this situation.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The plan for Lamar is, make him beat you from the pocket. He's a decent QB but taking away what makes him special makes that team much more manageable.

Will our current scheme of leaving the middle of the field open and keeping everything in front (Safeties are 10 yards away from LoS) work against Lamar.  He will keep running until they decide not to do it.  Also,   the Ravens have two extremely good TEs.  The Bills will have a different type of monster to deal with in Baltimore.

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

I thought Miami would take the division, but obviously now they're in an early hole. Jets are impossible to gauge. Pats D will keep them competitive but unlikely to contend. Bills schedule/injuries will catch up. It's still wide open, but at least Bills got a quick first step. 

I don’t really see a realistic path to Miami ever winning the afc east without a full rebuild or a new qb at the very least.  They are just not good enough against their division rival/teams with winning records in such a big sample size now.

mcd has tua’s number…they should’ve moved on.  Reminds me of the mistake the bills made with Fitzpatrick but we had the guts to rectify it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

Why? They fold like cheap tents when the games get tough and their scheme is highly flawed against good teams 

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I think I remember Dorsey pulling his head out of his rear at the end of the game, but it was too little too late.