AFC East

Thrivefourfive

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we need to play that same conservative style of offense against the Jets this year to beat them. We just hand them games every year. 

I complain too much in game day threads when I tire of the run plays, but I agree, our current game plan is more suited to beat the Jets than in the past. I think anyone who limits turnovers can beat the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo has changed over the last few years.  They were a wr ran offense and a safety run defense.  Right now the strength of the offense and defense are the lines.  Buffalo whipped the Dolphins upfront.  The oline has dominated for 2 games now.  I think they can do the same to most teams. 

The OL and DL need to dominate in the playoffs.  They have disappeared there too often

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The OL and DL need to dominate in the playoffs.  They have disappeared there too often

Last year they were the best they have been. Dominated the Steelers and performed well vs the Chiefs.  

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Last year they were the best they have been. Dominated the Steelers and performed well vs the Chiefs.  

The DL disappeared completely against Mahomes and company and the game was in Buffalo

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Jags are a real problem for the Bills, I wouldn't bet 5 cents on that game..

This was my immediate thought after the game as well. We should near the Jags especially at home but they are a team that seems to fluster Allen a lot and Lawrence always plays well against us for whatever reason 

The Jets played a top team, so it's hard to gauge - but I didn't see anything scary there.

I think they were overhyped, and listening to NY radio, a lot of their fans thought so also, even before they played SF.

If we can stay relatively healthy, the division is ours again, imo.

• Agree 1

We are the best team by a fair margin, BUT we also have the hardest schedule by a fair margin. If a couple divisional opponents steal a game from us (it's happened before...) then it could be close at the end of the year. Pats are a mirage, they will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at best. Dolphins will be around that same range or worse if Tua misses 4 or more games. If we finish the year 11-6 (I think possible with our difficult schedule) and the Jets steal one of our matchups it could be close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

We are the best team by a fair margin, BUT we also have the hardest schedule by a fair margin. If a couple divisional opponents steal a game from us (it's happened before...) then it could be close at the end of the year. Pats are a mirage, they will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at best. Dolphins will be around that same range or worse if Tua misses 4 or more games. If we finish the year 11-6 (I think possible with our difficult schedule) and the Jets steal one of our matchups it could be close.

It is crazy how much harder the division winner schedule is than second place schedule this season…although maybe some teams are good this year that weren’t last year and stuff like that.  Those non nfc west/afc south one off games are all against really top heavy divisions it’s feelin like especially if love misses some time  

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

There is no reason to think the Bills won't win the division this season.  Really, the biggest challenge looks to be staying healthy.

Jets can be a tier below and keep it close based on the difference in schedules I’d think so we can’t really afford a letdown against them 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The Jags are a real problem for the Bills, I wouldn't bet 5 cents on that game..

The Jags do seem to occupy some Josh headspace.  Maybe it’s their Josh Allen raises his game against our Josh Allen? 

We are actually 9-10 against Jax all-time with 2 straight losses.  However, last season was that BS London game.  My guess is that game doesn’t sit well with McD or the Bills players.  Monday night at home with 11 days to prepare should help.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Looking at the next 8 games leading up to the KC and SF games, I see no worse than 5 and 3. That gives us 8 and 4 if we split the home games against the 2 best teams on our schedule. The rest of the season is pretty doable and barring injuries, the East is ours to lose.

I don't disagree, but they said just gonna skate on through to a division title.  And we are missing Taron, Milano, and now Bernard who will be felt a lot more when we play Balt and Hou, more so than Miami and AZ.  And as much as I lovvvved the Jets dud week 1, I am not ready to declare them dead either.  And we don't even know if Tua will miss a game either and they have a pretty squishy schedule compared to ours.  So if Tua isn't out long, doesn't retire, etc...they could still stack some wins in terms of pressure on the division lead.  Their only real tough game again isn't until they play us in Buffalo week 9.  

I picked us to win the AFCE, I obviously still believe we will...just saying, lets not get out over our ski's too far here and start talking about skating on through like its nothing.  We still have a tough schedule to contend with.

And I told everyone Miami was taking a step back this year and probably wouldn't be a playoff team.  So beating up on 2 mediocre teams I don't think answers how we will fare against the real contenders we are coming up against here shortly.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't disagree, but they said just gonna skate on through to a division title.  And we are missing Taron, Milano, and now Bernard who will be felt a lot more when we play Balt and Hou, more so than Miami and AZ.  And as much as I lovvvved the Jets dud week 1, I am not ready to declare them dead either.  And we don't even know if Tua will miss a game either and they have a pretty squishy schedule compared to ours.  So if Tua isn't out long, doesn't retire, etc...they could still stack some wins in terms of pressure on the division lead.  Their only real tough game again isn't until they play us in Buffalo week 9.  

I picked us to win the AFCE, I obviously still believe we will...just saying, lets not get out over our ski's too far here and start talking about skating on through like its nothing.  We still have a tough schedule to contend with.

And I told everyone Miami was taking a step back this year and probably wouldn't be a playoff team.  So beating up on 2 mediocre teams I don't think answers how we will fare against the real contenders we are coming up against here shortly.  

Tua is done for at least 8 weeks, and very quite possibly for his career.

It's between us and the Jets, but I agree with you that it's too early to write them off. Hopefully their Week 1 is a sign of further things to come and we can pull ahead in the division as early as possible. The rest of (or at least most) of our division falling apart and being truly bottom of the barrel in the league could go a really, really long way to getting the top seed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Are the Bills about to skate through? Two of the four teams got steamrolled so far. Two totally pathetic performances, on both sides of the ball. And that leaves the pre season predicted last place Patriots. And we all know they absolutely suck. 

Time will tell but holy hell have two teams look out of touch. 

Precious summer child 

11 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

The Dolphins were never in the running for the AFCE

We are the kings of the division but the difference in our schedule vs the jets' is massive, so they will likely be in contention all year. They could easily be 4-1 when we see them next month. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Jags have been an issue, but we should have beat them last year. 

We are more balanced now and can rotate to several options to win. I like our chances.

Balt in Baltimore is the scariest game in this early stretch. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The Dolphins were never in the running for the AFCE

We are the kings of the division but the difference in our schedule vs the jets' is massive, so they will likely be in contention all year. They could easily be 4-1 when we see them next month. 

I stick to my take : Jets O line is going to get Rogers killed. He won't make a 16 game season and the Jets story, just like the Phins will be the same. 

• Like (+1) 1