AFC East

Thrivefourfive

Seriously we are doing this? It’s week 2 and everyone knows it’s week to week. As soon as the Bills lose a game there will be 20 threads calling to fire McDermott, Bills are pretenders, the “I told you so” guys will be back out in full force (again, gotta love those guys)…they have a real tough stretch of games coming up, gotta take it one game at a time 

we are all feeling good after last night’s game, but let’s slow down a little 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Rodgers looked terribly slow and clod-footed, an injury waiting to happen, but the Jets team is good and won't count them out.  A loss to probably the most complete team in the league in week 1 (I call week 1 preseason), shouldn't disqualifying them

It's also way early to count the dolphins out... however, this was their beat shot at the bills and they fell on their faces, along with QB health questions moving forward.  Many of their leaders haven't proven to be a resilient bunch

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s week 2, season barely has started.  

September football is always different from football late in the year.   It’s great the bills are 2-0 and  the dolphins may be in the same boat as Green Bay for the next month but there is a long way to go.

Edited by MikePJ76

Long season and the Bills have a brutal schedule. Expect it will be a dogfight.

NYJ should win their next four games. Titans, NE, Denver and Minny before they play us. That would put them at 4-1 and the media would be drooling all over themselves.

On the other hand, we have Jax, @Balt @Hou. Hopeful we will be 4-1 but that’s asking a lot. 

MIA depends on what happens with Tua and NE looks improved. Plus WE HAVE TO STAY HEALTHY! Great seeing Edwards and Bishop in at Safety last night!

Will all that said I do expect the Bills to win the AFCE again!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Jets should get some wins during the next four games; @Titans, vs. Pats, vs. Broncos, @Vikings.

By then they'll hope they have some chemistry. The entire AFC East has a tough schedule. The division wins are going to be exceptionally important. Bills still have the top 4 teams in the NFL (Ravens, Chiefs, Lions, 49ers) as well as Texans and Rams with the Colts and Jags being decent teams. Now the Bills aren't going 0-8 or anything like that but maybe 4-4 or 3-5? If the Jets sweep and win their next 4 games the pathway to the AFC East will be much more difficult

What did you see Monday night that led you to believe the Jets are likely to “sweep” four straight games against NFL teams?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I will not get overly excited about the Bills in September. 

I will not get overly excited about the Bills in September...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills are averaging 1 major injury a week right now. Love the hype but if this keeps happening they might be calling the rest of Lancaster HS to play with Buffalo Joe. 

Love the start, but like Allen said. 1-0 every week 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

We’ve lost to the Jets with the likes of Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson at QB.  I think they’ll be tough to beat with Rodgers and that defense.

The team has much better faith in itself.  Go Bills !!!

40 minutes ago, mannc said:

What did you see Monday night that led you to believe the Jets are likely to “sweep” four straight games against NFL teams?

I see four very weak teams. They are a talented team and had a tough opener on the road against San Fran. Plus I expect Rodgers to get more comfortable as he plays more. Of course would be more than happy to be wrong :)

7 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Are the Bills about to skate through? Two of the four teams got steamrolled so far. Two totally pathetic performances, on both sides of the ball. And that leaves the pre season predicted last place Patriots. And we all know they absolutely suck. 

Time will tell but holy hell have two teams look out of touch. 

It’s really long season and so much can change over the next 16 weeks.  Taking things week by week

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lot of football left.

We got Jags, Balt, Hou next 3 games…let’s get through those before we start talking about skating through 

Looking at the next 8 games leading up to the KC and SF games, I see no worse than 5 and 3. That gives us 8 and 4 if we split the home games against the 2 best teams on our schedule. The rest of the season is pretty doable and barring injuries, the East is ours to lose.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Are the Bills about to skate through? Two of the four teams got steamrolled so far. Two totally pathetic performances, on both sides of the ball. And that leaves the pre season predicted last place Patriots. And we all know they absolutely suck. 

September = Pre Season games that count; wait until October when the pretenders fall and the contenders start to emerge!

Buffalo has changed over the last few years.  They were a wr ran offense and a safety run defense.  Right now the strength of the offense and defense are the lines.  Buffalo whipped the Dolphins upfront.  The oline has dominated for 2 games now.  I think they can do the same to most teams. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

we need to play that same conservative style of offense against the Jets this year to beat them. We just hand them games every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I see four very weak teams. They are a talented team and had a tough opener on the road against San Fran. Plus I expect Rodgers to get more comfortable as he plays more. Of course would be more than happy to be wrong :)

He wont be more mobile.  Hall and Wilson are dangerous guys but thats all they have.  The weakness of the 49ers is the oline not named Trent Williams.  They dominated the Jets.  Buffalo can do the same. Having the ability to take the defenses lunch money is going to create wide open space for Allen to attack down field. 

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Long season and the Bills have a brutal schedule. Expect it will be a dogfight.

NYJ should win their next four games. Titans, NE, Denver and Minny before they play us. That would put them at 4-1 and the media would be drooling all over themselves.

On the other hand, we have Jax, @Balt @Hou. Hopeful we will be 4-1 but that’s asking a lot. 

MIA depends on what happens with Tua and NE looks improved. Plus WE HAVE TO STAY HEALTHY! Great seeing Edwards and Bishop in at Safety last night!

Will all that said I do expect the Bills to win the AFCE again!

I’ll bet you right now the Jets don’t win their next 4 games. It’s hard to pull off 4 wins in a row no matter who the competition is and the Jets aren’t some juggernaut.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Always wondered why we say “on the road” when professional sports teams fly to every game.

In the air.

Through the air.

Through the sky.

I don’t know. There’s something, maybe.

Anywhooo….

JEST must use helicopter to visit JIANTS stadium 😁 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

All those teams have more than enough talent to beat the Jets.  

• Like (+1) 1