Bills- NFL record (insane stat)

McBean

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea as does everyone else.  I think it happening to the same team a bunch of times is distorting peoples view a bit…the last two playoff games against the chiefs easily could’ve gone either way which is the same you could say for the only two afc teams that actually beat them too

Exclude Tom Brady QB'd teams only three teams have really been able to lay up with the Chiefs in the playoffs. The Bills, the Bengals and the 49ers. Those three are 1-6 in seven games against them and you can argue that other than the AFC Championship game against the Bills each of the remaining six could but for a play or two have gone the other way. The Chiefs could be 1-6 in those games with zero Superbowl wins instead they are 6-1 with three Lombardis. I am not saying that as an excuse for the Bills. It isn't the "well nobody else has beaten them so why should we" approach but it is just to demonstrate how tight it has been in those contests. Give the Chiefs credit. They always seem to make the critical play and for whatever reason those other teams haven't.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brought this up last week when they broke the record after the Cardinal game...it's truly absurd...

Last defeat by more than 6 points(in regular season) was to Carson Wentz and the Colts in November 2021.

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Am I right on Hamlin being late a lot or am I not seeing it right?

Edwards and Bishop both made some nice plays. I think Hamlin will be back in a reserve role sooner than later. I’m looking forward to seeing more of Bishop. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

We just have to figure out the playoffs. Though, setting aside the d health issues, I love that the Bills are learning to win with Josh being rather pedestrian. If you only looked at JA’s stat line from last night you would assume the Bills got run over by a freight train.

Hard to run up stats when the other team keeps giving you the ball on their side of the field. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

We just have to figure out the playoffs. Though, setting aside the d health issues, I love that the Bills are learning to win with Josh being rather pedestrian. If you only looked at JA’s stat line from last night you would assume the Bills got run over by a freight train.

Honestly, the Bills have had playoff success as well. I think they are one of two teams (the other being the Chiefs) who have won a playoff game the past 4 seasons, or something like that.

It is the Chiefs in the playoffs we have to figure out. Yeah, the Bengals beat us that one time, but they aren't that team anymore. They were a flash in the pan. Only two teams have been consistent playoff contenders in the AFC, and that is the Bills and Chiefs.

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Has to be KC right?

The Broncos killed them 24 to 9 last year and the Packers beat them 27 to 19.

I don't think any other team is even close.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Exclude Tom Brady QB'd teams only three teams have really been able to lay up with the Chiefs in the playoffs. The Bills, the Bengals and the 49ers. Those three are 1-6 in seven games against them and you can argue that other than the AFC Championship game against the Bills each of the remaining six could but for a play or two have gone the other way. The Chiefs could be 1-6 in those games with zero Superbowl wins instead they are 6-1 with three Lombardis. I am not saying that as an excuse for the Bills. It isn't the "well nobody else has beaten them so why should we" approach but it is just to demonstrate how tight it has been in those contests. Give the Chiefs credit. They always seem to make the critical play and for whatever reason those other teams haven't.  

The difference in all those close playoff games?

Chris Jones making game saving plays on D late in the 4th quarter pretty much every game. He's the Mahomes on defense for them. Whenever you need a play to win a game, he is there for it.

IMO, he is as much a reason the Chiefs have 3 SBs as Mahomes is, if not more.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, McBean said:

Absolutely remarkable stat I wanted to share. Insane we don’t have at least one Lombardi trophy by now!

Maybe this is the year.

Go Bills

15 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Does anyone know who's 2nd best in this statistic? Is the next team not even close?

Thank you for asking the obvious question. Weird that DraftKings doesn't include this information somewhere in the same post.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The difference in all those close playoff games?

Chris Jones making game saving plays on D late in the 4th quarter pretty much every game. He's the Mahomes on defense for them. Whenever you need a play to win a game, he is there for it.

IMO, he is as much a reason the Chiefs have 3 SBs as Mahomes is, if not more.

Not in all those, but sure, Jones is a difference maker.

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

So we’re not counting the Bengals game?

It's a regular season stat but even including post season it is once in 49 games and even that is incredible. To play 49 games in the modern era of the NFL and only once lose by more than a single score. Especially when you look at the period in question when the Bills have lost star players to long term injuries - Von, Tre (twice), Milano (twice). 

I doubt that regular season streak will ever be beaten tbh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Does anyone know who's 2nd best in this statistic? Is the next team not even close?

I think it is the Rams at 10 weeks - with week 9 of 2023.

14 hours ago, McBean said:

Has to be KC right?

They lost week 13 in 2023 to GB by 8 - so 6 games ago

8 hours ago, mannc said:

So we’re not counting the Bengals game?

Even if you include the Bengals game - we have the longest streak by far.  

Nearly 1/2 of the teams have lost by 7 either week 18 of 2023, week 1, or wk 2 of 2024.  The longest outside the Bills - looks like the Rams in the middle of last year - 10 games ago.  The Bills still have all of last year and this year as longer than every other team.

You can spin McD any way you want, but the preparation of the Bills can not be questioned.

Not only do they rarely lose, but even when they do - it is an intense close competition.  Meanwhile the coaches some of our fans slobber over have weeks that there teams just are not prepared and it gets worse if you include the playoffs for teams not better.

The fact that people point to Cincinnati like that is so much closer ends up as a joke.  The Bills are still very dominant in this category.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think it is the Rams at 10 weeks - with week 9 of 2023.

They lost week 13 in 2023 to GB by 8 - so 6 games ago

Even if you include the Bengals game - we have the longest streak by far.  

Nearly 1/2 of the teams have lost by 7 either week 18 of 2023, week 1, or wk 2 of 2024.  The longest outside the Bills - looks like the Rams in the middle of last year - 10 games ago.  The Bills still have all of last year and this year as longer than every other team.

You can spin McD any way you want, but the preparation of the Bills can not be questioned.

Not only do they rarely lose, but even when they do - it is an intense close competition.  Meanwhile the coaches some of our fans slobber over have weeks that there teams just are not prepared and it gets worse if you include the playoffs for teams not better.

The fact that people point to Cincinnati like that is so much closer ends up as a joke.  The Bills are still very dominant in this category.

I think 8 counts as one score.... given the chance of a 2 pointer. I think they'd need to have lost by 9 to be out of the reckoning for this stat.

EDIT: D'oh ignore me. I see it specifically states more than 6. I thought it was just 1 score.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think 8 counts as one score.... given the chance of a 2 pointer. I think they'd need to have lost by 9 to be out of the reckoning for this stat.

EDIT: D'oh ignore me. I see it specifically states more than 6. I thought it was just 1 score.

That weed is pretty strong huh?

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I totally agree - the first time through I was using over 8 which moved Baltimore to all of last year, but after re-reading it moved Baltimore to week 18 of last year.

I also think it just goes to show how incredible this is.

Edited by Rochesterfan

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not in all those, but sure, Jones is a difference maker.

It's a regular season stat but even including post season it is once in 49 games and even that is incredible. To play 49 games in the modern era of the NFL and only once lose by more than a single score. Especially when you look at the period in question when the Bills have lost star players to long term injuries - Von, Tre (twice), Milano (twice). 

I doubt that regular season streak will ever be beaten tbh.

Well, he prevented an easy TD to Shakir late in the game against us that forced a missed FG.

In the SB he caused Purdy to miss a wide open player in the end zone late in the game that would have given them the lead.

Pretty much every game I watched in the playoffs when it's close and late, he makes a play. Sometimes plays to basically seal the game.

On 9/13/2024 at 8:33 AM, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Well the Bills broke the record against Arizona I believe so it would have been 41 games.