Bills- NFL record (insane stat)

McBean

This is my favorite and truly remarkable stat. A NFL record that in such a wild week to week league, I just don’t think will ever be broken. 43 regular season games straight and not once losing by 7 or more?! Come on. Love  or hate McDermott this is a reflection of him. Can do this every week with multiple coaches but look at last night. Terrible play calling, and clock and game management by McDaniel  and dolphins get embarrassed by bills in a blow out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Absolutely remarkable stat I wanted to share. Insane we don’t have at least one Lombardi trophy by now!

Maybe this is the year.

Go Bills

We just have to figure out the playoffs. Though, setting aside the d health issues, I love that the Bills are learning to win with Josh being rather pedestrian. If you only looked at JA’s stat line from last night you would assume the Bills got run over by a freight train.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We just have to figure out the playoffs. Though, setting aside the d health issues, I love that the Bills are learning to win with Josh being rather pedestrian. If you only looked at JA’s stat line from last night you would assume the Bills got run over by a freight train.

Josh was excellent (save for the silly fumble) on Sunday but without needing to make a ton of hero plays. He was fine last night but (and this is rare) was probably not a top 3 reason we won a game. There are undoubtedly much bigger tests to come... we might need Superman Josh when we play the better teams on our schedule - Houston, Detroit, San Francisco, Baltimore, Kansas City - but for now the "ohh the Bills are too Josh Allen centric" isn't a fair criticism of the 2024 team. I'm not saying we won't get there. We might as the schedule stiffens. But for now Josh is the best player on a team but the team around him has done its bit. The protection has been good for the most part, the run game has been solid, the defense has generated pressure and taken the ball away.... the special teams unit is the one concern. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh was excellent (save for the silly fumble) on Sunday but without needing to make a ton of hero plays. He was fine last night but (and this is rare) was probably not a top 3 reason we won a game. There are undoubtedly much bigger tests to come... we might need Superman Josh when we play the better teams on our schedule - Houston, Detroit, San Francisco, Baltimore, Kansas City - but for now the "ohh the Bills are too Josh Allen centric" isn't a fair criticism of the 2024 team. I'm not saying we won't get there. We might as the schedule stiffens. But for now Josh is the best player on a team but the team around him has done its bit. The protection has been good for the most part, the run game has been solid, the defense has generated pressure and taken the ball away.... the special teams unit is the one concern. 

How do you feel about Spector?

Also, Hamlin.  He seems like he just gets late to the ball.  The deep ball on the sidelines that wasn't caught but he was late getting there.

The seem pass to the TE was just a high throw.  An accurate throw, it's an easy TD.  Hamlin always is trailing.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How do you feel about Spector?

Also, Hamlin.  He seems like he just gets late to the ball.  The deep ball on the sidelines that wasn't caught but he was late getting there.

The seem pass to the TE was just a high throw.  An accurate throw, it's an easy TD.  Hamlin always is trailing.

I think Spector is a versatile and serviceable backup. I'm not sure you really want him starting for a prolonged period, but if Bernard is out I don't know what the alternative is? If he has to start 2 or 3 games we will be fine I think. If he has to play 5 or 6 or 7 then it gets to the stage where all the clever scheming in the world can't hide the weaknesses. Some of his issues last night though were just in running the defense and getting guys lined up (which tbh Bernard struggled with week 1 as well). You'd hope given 10 now until Jacksonville they have time to get him up to speed with the calls and invested in the gameplan and hopefully mitigate some of that. 

And I'm higher on Spector than Hamlin. If they can get Edwards or Bishop ready in the next 10 days I'm not sure Hamlin will get a 3rd start, but let's see. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I have my issues with McD but he would be highly sought after on the open market.

Oh he'd be unemployed for less than a month. If the Bills wanted to fire him after this season every team with an opening would want to speak to him. He'd have his pick. I suspect, whenever it happens, if it happens that he and the Bills part company because of a lack of a ring at some point then he'd try and take a year out. Whatever people think of him he has poured himself into this job. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yea as does everyone else.  I think it happening to the same team a bunch of times is distorting peoples view a bit…the last two playoff games against the chiefs easily could’ve gone either way which is the same you could say for the only two afc teams that actually beat them too

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

This is my favorite and truly remarkable stat. A NFL record that in such a wild week to week league, I just don’t think will ever be broken. 43 regular season games straight and not once losing by 7 or more?! Come on. Love  or hate McDermott this is a reflection of him. Can do this every week with multiple coaches but look at last night. Terrible play calling, and clock and game management by McDaniel  and dolphins get embarrassed by bills in a blow out 

please give respect and refer to him in his proper name. McClappy

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Spector is a versatile and serviceable backup. I'm not sure you really want him starting for a prolonged period, but if Bernard is out I don't know what the alternative is? If he has to start 2 or 3 games we will be fine I think. If he has to play 5 or 6 or 7 then it gets to the stage where all the clever scheming in the world can't hide the weaknesses. Some of his issues last night though were just in running the defense and getting guys lined up (which tbh Bernard struggled with week 1 as well). You'd hope given 10 now until Jacksonville they have time to get him up to speed with the calls and invested in the gameplan and hopefully mitigate some of that. 

And I'm higher on Spector than Hamlin. If they can get Edwards or Bishop ready in the next 10 days I'm not sure Hamlin will get a 3rd start, but let's see. 

Am I right on Hamlin being late a lot or am I not seeing it right?

• Agree 1