Week 2, Bills v. Fish, GAME BALLS!

Freddie's Dead

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I didn’t watch Rousseau a ton tonight but the one play I did see was the hustle play on 4th down to catch Thompson. He was chipped by Jonnu then pressed the LT into the pocket, disengaged and ran him down 

Yea that was an excellent hustle play in a game that was basically over and he was still playing hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:  After a long period of exemplary performance, I am elevating "I'M RICK" James Cook, "BIATCH!!" to automatic game ball status, which he certainly earned today.  Usual rules apply, Cook will receive the automatic game ball unless revoked.  Josh Allen gets his automatic game ball today.   

Offensive Line - The big uglies opened gaping holes for Cook and kept Josh upright.  This group will only get better as they have more time to jell.

Khalil "Tupac" Shakir - Consistently relieved the pressure on Josh by getting open for the easy outlet.  He's not our #1 receiver, but right now, he is our best receiver.

Defensive Line - Achane had a few nice runs, but the pocket kept collapsing on Tua, and he could never get comfortable.

"The Right" JaMarcus Ingram - We certainly got the right JaMarcus.  Dude has a ton of confidence.  Can't wait to see what he has in store for us down the road.  

Defensive Backfield - While Ingram stood out, the rest of the DB's and Safety's deserve recognition for keeping the Miami air attack firmly grounded.  Robbed of the deep ball, the Fish had to grind out the yards, and they just ain't built for that.

Coaching staff - In the immortal words of Arthur Fonzarelli, I was wrrrrrr....  I was wrrrr....  I was.....not exactly right.  They had the team ready to play, and the defensive gameplan was ***** genius.  I'll take my crow well done on this one.

Who ya got?

I agree with all, and add:

- Dalton Kincaid = showing a toughness for YAC that I did not expect

- Dorian William = is quietly becoming a very good LB, and his speed and strength have been on display

• Like (+1) 3

Tonight was a total team win. Sure, there were a few standouts like Ingram, Cook and Oliver. But tonight was about everyone doing their 1/11th and putting a great game plan in action. 

As a result, I give gameballs to the whole team, coaching staff and the fans that made their way down to do their part. 

Even without the Tua injury, a beat down like this on their own field, on national TV may have ended the Dolphins season already. This was a total kill shot type game.

• Like (+1) 4

I'd give one to Baylon Spector.  Came in unexpectedly due to injury, played almost the whole game as QB of the defense, and did a very respectable job.  Big reason we won is that our defense got better throughout the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know Oliver is getting a lot of love as he should but Daquan Jones also had a really good game and it was Austin Johnson who planted Thompson on the Cole Bishop PBU 

👍yes came to say just this

Oliver will get the press and deservedly so but Jones was really solid in his run fits and general work inside that tends to go unappreciated...really solid fundamental dline play last night across the board

also Rousseau may play the run better than any Bills DE i can remember

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:  After a long period of exemplary performance, I am elevating "I'M RICK" James Cook, "BIATCH!!" to automatic game ball status, which he certainly earned today.  Usual rules apply, Cook will receive the automatic game ball unless revoked.  Josh Allen gets his automatic game ball today.   

Offensive Line - The big uglies opened gaping holes for Cook and kept Josh upright.  This group will only get better as they have more time to jell.

Khalil "Tupac" Shakir - Consistently relieved the pressure on Josh by getting open for the easy outlet.  He's not our #1 receiver, but right now, he is our best receiver.

Defensive Line - Achane had a few nice runs, but the pocket kept collapsing on Tua, and he could never get comfortable.

"The Right" JaMarcus Ingram - We certainly got the right JaMarcus.  Dude has a ton of confidence.  Can't wait to see what he has in store for us down the road.  

Defensive Backfield - While Ingram stood out, the rest of the DB's and Safety's deserve recognition for keeping the Miami air attack firmly grounded.  Robbed of the deep ball, the Fish had to grind out the yards, and they just ain't built for that.

Coaching staff - In the immortal words of Arthur Fonzarelli, I was wrrrrrr....  I was wrrrr....  I was.....not exactly right.  They had the team ready to play, and the defensive gameplan was ***** genius.  I'll take my crow well done on this one.

Who ya got?

Game ball for the "next man up".  This week it was Baylon Spector, who stepped right in and avoided any glaring mistakes.

I agree, regarding the coaching staff, but especially McDermott, who continues his dominance over the "genius" Mike McDaniel.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:59 PM, GoBills808 said:

Let's be 100 today

This was all McDermott, Brady, and Babich

Perfect example of preparation and letting the other team self destruct 

Atta boy!!! 💙 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2024 at 8:12 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Who ya got?

I'll be a grinch again today.  Cook's beautiful TD run was for 49 yards.  Outside of that he had 10 carried for 29 yards.

The Big Uglies opened ONE gaping hold for Cook.

But they did keep Josh mostly upright.  

Good list.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2024 at 8:18 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I think a lot of people missed just how good Douglas was tonight.  

On 9/12/2024 at 8:19 PM, DeepPass said:

UB grad Ja'Marcus Ingram

On 9/12/2024 at 9:34 PM, Maynard said:

Benford.

I LOVE having these tall, rangy, long guys in the defensive backfield.

I never appreciated before what an asset it is simply to have that body type.

And body type aside, these guys can ball.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/12/2024 at 11:19 PM, DeepPass said:

UB grad Ja'Marcus Ingram

Actually I believe he was a graduate student and got his undergraduate degree in sociology and went to UB for graduate studies in interdisciplinary studies so he could play in 5th year of eligibility due to COVID pandemic.  Did not see him listed on any UB graduate lists.

He might have completed graduate degree in offseason; I know mine was not listed when I graduated since I graduated during summer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2024 at 6:27 PM, notpolian said:

Benford continues to impress me.  He seems to get hurt a little too often but he is a good CB.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-christian-benford-buffalo-bills-most-underrated-defensive-back

Through two games the Bills best player not name Josh Allen has been Christian Benford. Targeted 10 times, he has given up 4 receptions for 25 yards and has an interception. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1