Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

So the defense gave up like ZERO points under Spector's watch, but he was somehow "brutal calling the D?" According to what? 

Isn't Baylon Spector an elite athletic prospect at the LB position? Size seems to be his only issue...more than a year ago. Meaning he's probably closed that gap with weight and strength. Soooo...how about his ability to run with NFL skill players? 

image.thumb.png.614311938bead0807a28e623da5b0a55.png

I think the concern runs, it was nice of the fins to flip us 17 points off interceptions, but we can't expect that every week.  There were coverage breakdowns that went for too many big gains.

Look, I'm very open about the fact that I'm self taught in football and have to watch coach's film several times to see what's happening, so when I can see that he's in the wrong place (or the defense as a whole is) or he's slow to react, the concern is real.  I will say that I saw that kind of thing from Bernard initially and he picked it up quickly, so that could happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Im old enough to remember last year during the preseason many thought Spector was going to start at Mike.  He got hurt late in preseason and Bernard came back healthy and got the job week 1 and never looked back.  

Spector was all over the field vs an offense that stresses the second level as any in the NFL.  Im not that concerned.  Spector and Williams will be fine.  

Morrow is the immediate back up and Andreesen or Ulofosio have the athletic ability to play a similar style.  Buffalo last few years have drafted 4 linebakers and found another UDFA.  Morrow athletically is similar to them.  I think they are deeper than many think.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think the concern runs, it was nice of the fins to flip us 17 points off interceptions, but we can't expect that every week.  There were coverage breakdowns that went for too many big gains.

Look, I'm very open about the fact that I'm self taught in football and have to watch coach's film several times to see what's happening, so when I can see that he's in the wrong place (or the defense as a whole is) or he's slow to react, the concern is real.  I will say that I saw that kind of thing from Bernard initially and he picked it up quickly, so that could happen.

Completely agree...last night Spector made a few plays but also missed some tackles. He's going to have to develop like Bernard as his snaps increase.  My biggest concern right now is the lack of durability from our LB room.

Okay.  I understand why you guys are saying it's because of they are undersized.

Milano's latest injury was torn bicep and the fractured leg.  The fractured leg, it didn't matter if it was Tremaine Edmunds in that same spot, any one is breaking their leg when a 300 lbs lineman rolls on it and your foot is planted.  Milano's size has nothing to do with it.

In regards to the torn bicep, yes I can understand the thinking it's Milano's size...along with Bernard's pec.  But Daquan Jones, a massive man torn his pec last year.

Matt Judon tore his bicep last year and he's not small.  

These in my opinion are just circumstances of very bad luck.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  I understand why you guys are saying it's because of they are undersized.

Milano's latest injury was torn bicep and the fractured leg.  The fractured leg, it didn't matter if it was Tremaine Edmunds in that same spot, any one is breaking their leg when a 300 lbs lineman rolls on it and your foot is planted.  Milano's size has nothing to do with it.

In regards to the torn bicep, yes I can understand the thinking it's Milano's size...along with Bernard's pec.  But Daquan Jones, a massive man torn his pec last year.

Matt Judon tore his bicep last year and he's not small.  

These in my opinion are just circumstances of very bad luck.  

Thank you.  These injuries are not because they are 10 lbs. lighter than average LBs.

So for reference, here is an article from Kyle Trimble (BangedUpBills) when DaQuan Jones tore his pec last season.  He goes over the anatomy of the pectoral muscle and various injury mechanisms

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/09/analyzing-buffalo-bills-daquan-joness-pectoral-injury/

He lists a number of players with pec tears and their RTP timelines.

Feliciano, who tore his pec lifting weights, described it as the "worst pain he's ever felt in his life".  Since it's thought that Bernard tore it several plays before he finally came out and went to the tent, either he's way tougher (possible) Or, it's not a complete tear.  

Injury review from Dolphins game.  Trimble points out that we won't know what's going on until Bernard gets an MRI today

https://bangedupbills.com/2024/09/13/buffalo-bills-vs-miami-dolphins-week-2-injury-review/

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Completely agree...last night Spector made a few plays but also missed some tackles. He's going to have to develop like Bernard as his snaps increase.  My biggest concern right now is the lack of durability from our LB room.

I think it’s the position.  Not alot of highly paid Lbs.  Buffalo having a type and then drafting one every year is probably the best method.   

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

looking like we need a LB early in the draft next year

I disagree-  It’s looking like we should just start Bernard till he gets hurt and then go with Andreeson and use the picks elsewhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

And then Benford gets hurt. 

Then we move Ingram outside, cam back to the dime and Taron back to slot. 

im not an advocate for trading Elam though.  I still think he may be our starter opposite benford next season (but I hope we can get Douglas back).  He was really good last night all around.  He and benford are a helluva pair

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I’m sick of the injuries. Almost to the point of ruining the game for me. There are only so many players for next man up. I always wondered how is Bernard going to hold up in the middle of the D for such a small guy? We need some thumpers!

Agreed. But that's football and injuries are inevitable. Downside is it's hard to get attached to players and fully commit to expectations when fortunes are so fragile play to play. Upside is how roster building is so fun 1-53+.