Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

I don't know if it would be possible with the current cap situation, and the fact that he wants a new contract anyway, but I wonder if the Jets would consider trading Haason Reddick to us and if he would want to come in and play for us.  Obviously, we would probably have to do a couple of things to move some money around to fit him in, but I can't help but think a phone call should at least be made.  It's probably an extreme long shot, but if I'm Beane, I am absolutely making a call.  Worst case scenario you just move onto the next guy you're looking at.

• Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't know if it would be possible with the current cap situation, and the fact that he wants a new contract anyway, but I wonder if the Jets would consider trading Haason Reddick to us and if he would want to come in and play for us. 

Absolutely no chance. Joe Dogulas is dug in on this because it looks like an absolutely awful blunder.

Also, Reddick has also told two teams he wouldn't play for his current contract. Why do you think he'd change that for the Bills?

Best Linebacker Free Agents, 2024 still available:

Damien Wilson

Shaq Leonard

Zach Cunningham

Kwon Alexander

Josh Woods

Malik Jefferson

Deion Jones

Jacob Phillips

Andre Smith

Anthony Pittman

Tae Davis

I will assume Deion Jones will be back ?

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's going to be playing very soon. I'm so over the durability or lack thereof with Milano/Bernard.

Always enjoy reading your posts, but I just have a little alternative thought about Milano and Bernard. It’s a well-known medical fact that muscle tears or strains can be either traumatic in nature or they can be overuse injuries. One of the more common overuse mechanisms that can lead to pectoralis, biceps, and triceps injuries are doing bench presses. So it’s interesting that  Most of our injuries are occurring on defense, where we have undersize DTs, undersized linebackers, who are bulking up, and our nickel cornerback, who is more like a linebacker and therefore also is somewhat undersize for his position. Organizationally, we have to realize that this is where injuries are happening, and it could be the downfall of the team late in the year. We already have experience with this in the prior year.

This team really seems to have a great philosophy/ strong cohesiveness this year and for the first time with this regime, outside the perfect game and 13 seconds, I actually feel they have a legitimate shot at aSuper Bowl run.  They have talent plus EXPERIENCE and the scars to learn from. If you notice there’s a consistent theme that comes out from team when they interviewed, and that’s that they “ all can eat” and they all seem genuinely not jealous and mentioned that there is no diva like mentality this year on the team. Obviously they’re talking about a certain player that’s gone now and it’s resulted in an offense that is clicking, despite no star and , it’s clicking on many cylinders with creativity, great o line play, and use of the run game along wit a spattering of tight ends and wide receivers, but it is not dependent on wide receivers predominantly like it was in previous years.

So I really feel this team has a shot, but of course like Parcells used to say to Belichick ., it’s not the best team. It’s the team who’s playing best in  January and February. It’s a long season and we have a long way to go, and now we already have our starting linebackers and starting nickel cornerback out and this is with the history of having had a specific muscle injury to our defensive tackle last year. So we have a history of muscle tears  at undersize positions, including our linebacker, nickel corner and defensive tackles and now we’re already relying on second or third string guys to come in and fill positions early and we are hoping that they make it through a whole season or hoping the other guys can come back and somehow recover to pre-injury performance status.  Tonight , we exposed a dysfunctional Miami team ; I mean Poyer , who we all respect but knew he was slowing , was exposed several times tonight , and then without Tua , they were done    We will be running into much better coached teams quickly and our injuries WILL be an issue that can be targeted. 

If  I was the owner, I would be looking at getting a consult from a training group and making sure with the consultation that we’re not over training guys or look at the possibility that this regime needs to consider a different type of linebacker rather than small speedy guys who can t seem to remain on the field for the majority if a season.  I would be looking for the best sport science guys  because the muscles that they’re injuring are muscles that are susceptible to overtrain injuries, and this is NOT TO REPLACE THE COACHING / GM  staff , but to have another expert ( like they hired the ex.NFL REF) evaluate our training as it’s now a trend with two seasons of specific sports injuries possibly risking our growth mindset process.  
     The final thing that I would be concerned about if I was, the owner would be the field goal kicker. His performance deteriorated from middle of last year and finally  hurt the team  at the end of the season . It doesn’t help to bury your head and pretend that problem doesn’t exist and here it was again tonight in a game where there was no pressure.   Past certain yardages , He just can’t be trusted. any longer. If this team is actually looking like it has a chance at the playoffs and Super Bowl, I think if Beane  doesn’t bring in a kicker to at least have on the practice squad to possibly substitute or for competition,   they are setting themselves  up again to either fail before or not make the playoffs.  That doesn’t seem fair  to the other two phases of the team. 

I really understand your point and I hope Buffalo Joe does a great job. I’m just wondering if it’s a training, issue or philosophy type issue with going with these undersized guys , and if so ,  it’s gonna be hard for them to make it an entire  season.  It is  possible that we may only be able to get so far before the injuries expose a limited talent level  despite having an absolute superstar franchise quarterback.
       Just my thoughts and I’m certainly not an expert in sports medicine, but I do know overuse injuries  are common things and I’m just wondering, based on these past two years and seeing  certain repetitive injurues on the defensive side of the ball, .if a sports medicine expert might weigh in to help educate Bills mafia if this might be a preventable situation.   Again, always enjoy your posts.  Hope the season continues to go great after an almost perfect start!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The back 7 is a worry. It's a bit like McDermott and Babich are playing a video game and someone keeps cranking the difficulty setting up 1. Given the experience and knowledge of this defense lost with Hyde and Poyer (as well as White) in the offseason to then lose, Milano, Taron and Bernard which is your entire starting second level by week 2 and still be able to field a competitive unit... really impressive and it shows what a good job they generally do with player development. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

We don’t just need better linebacker play we need somebody to get the defense set. Spector was brutal calling the D. 

Getting Hyde back in the secondary might be the answer. 

What did you see to base this comment on?  With Spector playing, the D gave up three points over the rest of the game, so he can’t have been that bad.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think I agree with this.  Generally, injuries that the player is ruled out right away are a season ender.  This took too long to say he's done

um… Aaron rodgers was questionable for a while last year when he tore his Achilles…

7 hours ago, Mango said:

We don’t just need better linebacker play we need somebody to get the defense set. Spector was brutal calling the D. 

Getting Hyde back in the secondary might be the answer. 

The defense just held a really good offense to 10 points with 2 safeties who weren’t originally in the plans to be starters and 2 linebackers who originally weren’t being counted on to take significant snaps this season…you need to explain what you saw that explains how anything with the defense was brutal in that game 

• Like (+1) 1