Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

We need to sign someone tomorrow so they can learn the defense.  Spector is okay in a spot, but we can’t rely on him all season 

Definitely not, he gets lost in a block and also makes wrong reads.  

1 minute ago, Simon said:

That's putting an awful lot of words in my mouth

Not intentionally. Just saying that I saw him attack downhill on the first play successfully, and from there the defense was just VERY effective. I will admit I did not continue to focus on Spector after being excited about that first snap. I was having fun with friends. But how bad could the MLB have been if such an explosive offense was held to almost NOTHING for so long? Was it the 1st and 3rd levels of the defense who really stepped up instead?

Just now, BobbyC81 said:

Definitely not, he gets lost in a block and also makes wrong reads.  

I thought he looked better as the game went on.  Considering he missed most of training camp and who we were up against, he did okay.  

Again, in a spot he's okay, but not long term.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Deion Jones is out there, but Buffalo dumped him in favor of the backups they kept.  I don't think there's anybody out there who can come in and be more effective than the guys who are on the roster.  I could see adding a linebacker or two to the PS to get them exposed to Buffalo's defensive system.  

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Deion Jones is out there, but Buffalo dumped him in favor of the backups they kept.  I don't think there's anybody out there who can come in and be more effective than the guys who are on the roster.  I could see adding a linebacker or two to the PS to get them exposed to Buffalo's defensive system.  

We have zero LBs on the PS right now unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Thankfully we outscore everyone thus far 

That will be the key all year. We are going to need to consistently put up lots of points this year to have the year we want. Especially once we start playing the top tier teams on our schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1

I mean the guy who makes the most sense that has a history with us that isn't retired(Klein) is Andre Smith Jr. I'm not sure the Bills want to go down that route as hes predominately been a ST's guy but he is a veteran and knows the way McDermott does things. Zach Cunningham is also available don't know how much he has left in the tank but might be worth a flyer.

Edited by gonzo1105

1 hour ago, Process said:

One of the things I was most looking forward too this season was watching Milano and Bernard play together. Week 2 and they are both injured.

Three years in a row of this. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it. 

Ultimately of you want 225 lbs lbs this is gonna happen. 

49 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Trade for poyer, start him at mlb 

He is about 5lbs lighter than our existing lbs

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't see why he wouldn't come back if we made an offer?  

This isn't like resigning Matt Araiza.

11 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

We have zero LBs on the PS right now unfortunately.

Hence, I think adding one or two would be smart.  BTW, while there are no linebackers on the PS, there are 6 on the 53 man roster, not counting Von Miller, who is listed as a LB but plays DE in Buffalo's system.  Unfortunately, besides Williams and Specter there aren't really any healthy ones with experience other than the very undersized Nicholas Morrow.

22 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I thought Jones looked decent prior to being released. 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, ShakAttack said:

I don't see why he wouldn't come back if we made an offer?  

This isn't like resigning Matt Araiza.

I'm sure they could.  I just don't think he gives them more than the players they have on the roster now.  He's hit the wall and has nothing left IMO

57 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Based on what? What did Bernard do the first two drives that stood out to you?

Read some of the stuff other people have posted.  There were plays Spector messed up on - took the wrong assignment himself after the snap.  He was slow to make the read and the call.  It's not that Bernard stood out making "splash plays", it's that he makes the right decisions and gets the D in the right place to be effective.

38 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I wasn't impressed with Deion in preseason and I had such hopes for him, too.

I think you can count on it the Beane Team is gonna be spinning the rolodex and burning up the phone lines this weekend, to backfill on PS if nothing else.

I think we need to wait on news about how serious Bernard's injury is, though.

Edited by Beck Water

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I thought he looked better as the game went on.  Considering he missed most of training camp and who we were up against, he did okay.  

Again, in a spot he's okay, but not long term.  

Yeah, I made a post responding to someone else where I felt bad reading it like I'm dunking on Spector.  He came in in a tough spot against an offense that relies on motion and misdirection, and he did OK and yeah, you may be correct that he got better as the game went on.  (I was responding to a chap who claimed Spector played better than Bernard has.  No.  No, he did not)

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought Jones looked decent prior to being released. 

Really? I think he was the worst player, at any position, the Bills fielded in pre-season.... beyond the total scrubs who played 10 snaps in the 4th quarter...

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Can the third participant be paint drying?

Rich Eisen for the win...

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

That will be the key all year. We are going to need to consistently put up lots of points this year to have the year we want. Especially once we start playing the top tier teams on our schedule. 

We always do.