Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I would say Williams fits this mold as well 

Likely, Spector does fill in well. But long injury history with him as well. Maxing out talent is McD's thing with this scheme but it's not something we overcome when it gets harder

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

We need to sign someone tomorrow so they can learn the defense.  Spector is okay in a spot, but we can’t rely on him all season 

That would likely be why they have Nicholas Morrow on the roster

But let's wait a minute and see what the injury and its timeline actually is.  

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why do I have a feeling Spector actually does okay?  He has the speed and athleticism.

Ya he actually looked better than Bernard tonight IMO

Bernard had a great 2023, but I thought his first 5 quarters of 2024 was off to a slow start

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

There were multiple occasions where he shifted guys one way and the play went the opposite direction. 

I mean, that is what the Dolphins do.  Lots of eye candy, lots of misdirection.  Seeing it on film is one thing, seeing it when you're responsible for the calls is bound to be a learning curve.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya he actually looked better than Bernard tonight IMO

Bernard had a great 2023, but I thought his first 5 quarters of 2024 was off to a slow start

No.  No, Spector did not look better than Bernard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Predicted this shocking development on here a few months ago. Took a decent amount of heat for it. Stunned. 

Are you naturally this much of a douchenozzle or is this the result of regular, extensive, and meticulous practice?

No one minds if you make the point that small players who are playing at the high end of their physical capabilities all the time get hurt more than larger-framed players, but coming in a thread about an injury just happened to "count coup" and claim prescience is the worst of crap taste.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, that is what the Dolphins do.  Lots of eye candy, lots of misdirection.  Seeing it on film is one thing, seeing it when you're responsible for the calls is bound to be a learning curve.

No.  No, Spector did not look better than Bernard.

Based on what? What did Bernard do the first two drives that stood out to you?

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

We don’t just need better linebacker play we need somebody to get the defense set. Spector was brutal calling the D. 

Getting Hyde back in the secondary might be the answer. 

So the defense gave up like ZERO points under Spector's watch, but he was somehow "brutal calling the D?" According to what? 

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he's too slow a decision maker, probably because he feels like he can't run with NFL skill players.

Isn't Baylon Spector an elite athletic prospect at the LB position? Size seems to be his only issue...more than a year ago. Meaning he's probably closed that gap with weight and strength. Soooo...how about his ability to run with NFL skill players? 

image.thumb.png.614311938bead0807a28e623da5b0a55.png

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

So the defense gave up like ZERO points under Spector's watch, but he was somehow "brutal calling the D?" According to what? 

Isn't Baylon Spector an elite athletic prospect at the LB position? Size seems to be his only issue...more than a year ago. Meaning he's probably closed that gap with weight and strength. Soooo...how about his ability to run with NFL skill players? 

image.thumb.png.614311938bead0807a28e623da5b0a55.png

I don't know anything about workout numbers, but he's a half step late more often than he should be.

1 hour ago, Process said:

One of the things I was most looking forward too this season was watching Milano and Bernard play together. Week 2 and they are both injured.

Three years in a row of this. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it. 

I remember 2 seasons ago Chris and Taske were talking about the fact the Bills haven’t had injuries for 2 seasons and how wonderful their S&C coaches were. Since then it’s been a shltshow 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know anything about workout numbers, but he's a half step late more often than he should be.

To my point of sharing the RAS, in response to a silly attack on Spector's athleticism, he's a fluid athlete at the position. No doubt.

Was he a half step late most of tonight? His very first snap was an awesome downhill run fit and tackle. Past that, did he struggle? And if so, how could a defense have an MLB consistently a "half step late" but not give up points to one of the league's most productive offenses? I don't ask this as a gotcha. I ask as a genuine inquiry into whether McD and Babich maybe DO understand how to coach the 2nd and 3rd levels of a defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

To my point of sharing the RAS, in response to a silly attack on Spector's athleticism, he's a fluid athlete at the position. No doubt.

Was he a half step late most of tonight? His very first snap was an awesome downhill run fit and tackle. Past that, did he struggle? And if so, how could a defense have an MLB consistently a "half step late" but not give up points to one of the league's most productive offenses? I don't ask this as a gotcha. I ask as a genuine inquiry into whether McD and Babich maybe DO understand how to coach the 2nd and 3rd levels of a defense. 

That's putting an awful lot of words in my mouth