Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

A lot of shade being thrown at Baylon Spector for his past performances, but no one can argue his athleticism.

Everyone can argue his injury rating on Madden should be 40. Don’t get me wrong, everyone would love to be pleasantly surprised if he had his breakout season. But I think we’re collectively struck by the irony of Spector actually being the healthy one at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

That's a Don Rickles line if I ever saw one !

Maybe before your time. But the meaning is the same

well done

still have love for our mikie2 anyways. But Mike please never predict injury !

Hahaha, thanks. I saw a good amount of Rickles but not in his prime, mostly his stuff in the 80’s.

FWIW here's a Bangedup Bills blog post describing, based on the new info and on photo of Bernard in the locker room after the game with no sling, where he believes the tear must be and comparing the timelines of several players when they returned from a partial pectoral tear.

https://bangedupbills.com/2024/09/13/investigating-terrel-bernards-pectoral-injury/

• Thank you (+1) 2

Looking at that play if BangedUpBills is right it is nothing to do with size. Just a freak occurance. Arm sorta gets caught behind as he pulls away from Jones. That could happen to anyone at any size. 

A month would have him back just in time for the Jets. If he can't make the Jets and the Bills are say 4-2 after that game I think you leave it another week (Titans home when you might not need him) and you are looking at Seattle on the road at the end if October.

• Agree 1

Beane has been great - for the most part.  But if we get into a shortage of LB again - I dont know that I'll forgive him there.  This would be multiple seasons in a row.

Speaking of injuries - why is it that virtually every significant injury the last 2-3 years has been on defense?  I can't think of a single offensive player who missed significant time over the past couple years.  But on Defense...Milano (x2), Hyde, Poyer, Hamlin, Bernard, Benford, Jones, Miller, Tre, Dane Jackson, Jordan Phillips...and im sure others.  Just crazy how split it is.

Edited by JimBob2232
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’d really like to see the advance statistics on Spector. I felt like watching it in real time, he played well. Also at this point with the 2 best guys you have hurt again…I’d use our close relationship with the Giants to try and trade for Bobby Okereke. That team is going absolutely nowhere and they are going to be selling and firing. Call them Monday and get ahead of it before the guys over there that are our friends, can’t make trades anymore.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d really like to see the advance statistics on Spector. I felt like watching it in real time, he played well. Also at this point with the 2 best guys you have hurt again…I’d use our close relationship with the Giants to try and trade for Bobby Okereke. That team is going absolutely nowhere and they are going to be selling and firing. Call them Monday and get ahead of it before the guys over there that are our friends, can’t make trades anymore.

Everytime Spector has been called upon I feel he’s done at least a decent to above average job

Why is Beane dragging his feet about depth at lb? Milano went down in training camp and our guys on the depth chart are either injury prone or raw and underperformers( Spector, Morrow). We are on the precipice of being really good on defense with the reemergence of Von and Rousseau about to breakout along with good talent on the back end. Benford looks legit and Ingraham has been fine in relief of Taron. Elam is highly motivated and should be good depth. It’s time to use a draft choice to trade for a LB or sign a guy not on a roster. This can be our time.

1 hour ago, JimBob2232 said:

Beane has been great - for the most part.  But if we get into a shortage of LB again - I dont know that I'll forgive him there.  This would be multiple seasons in a row.

Speaking of injuries - why is it that virtually every significant injury the last 2-3 years has been on defense?  I can't think of a single offensive player who missed significant time over the past couple years.  But on Defense...Milano (x2), Hyde, Poyer, Hamlin, Bernard, Benford, Jones, Miller, Tre, Dane Jackson, Jordan Phillips...and im sure others.  Just crazy how split it is.

We came into the year with Milano, TB, Williams, Spector, Ulofoshio, Andreeson and Morrow. 

I can’t really fault him.. He’s doing what I think we should do - Draft an athletic LB in the middle rounds every year and keep developing depth that can eventually take over if we lose a guy. 

I think we’re fine with Williams and Spector until Bernard comes back.. especially if we go heavy dime most games - but if one of them goes down, we’re going really deep into the depth.  

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We came into the year with Milano, TB, Williams, Spector, Ulofoshio, Andreeson and Morrow. 

I can’t really fault him.. He’s doing what I think we should do - Draft an athletic LB in the middle rounds every year and keep developing depth that can eventually take over if we lose a guy. 

I think we’re fine with Williams and Spector until Bernard comes back.. especially if we go heavy dime most games - but if one of them goes down, we’re going really deep into the depth.  

Yeah.  How many teams would be fine losing their starting LBs?

I thought both Spector and Williams played their best games as Bills on Thursday.  Which is not to say they were perfect - they weren’t - but for the most part not toooooo many false steps (there def were some) and their overall play recognition, speed to the ball carrier, and ability to shed blocks was really solid.

By contrast - I actually thought Bernard was slow to react and took bad angles against the Cardinals.

But I don’t claim to be an expert in any of this I’m just a novice TV watcher.

2 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

Yeah, maybe he should’ve rostered 12 LBers.