Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Team confirmed it is a pec injury. Missing the entire middle of our starting defense now.

I hope it's not a tear and more on the strain side . If so Jones did show even with a tear he could be back by the time the play offs hit and maybe if Millano & Bernard can get back a bit before that it could make a great situation for a play off run !! Then if Johnson is all good too . GO BILLS !!!! 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Bills just need to find a way to go 2-2 the next 4 games. 

Then Johnson comes back, Bernard comes back, Allen's hand will be 100%, and we get into an easier stretch of the schedule. 

It's one game at a time theory for me. But I wouldn't be mad at 2-2 for the next 4 games. That would take the Bills to 4-2 which is very good in my opinion.

Just have to say this is all good but it doesn't really take into account others who will get injured. I think it's safe to say other Bills players will get injured in the about time frame mentioned. We are kinda of having our cake and eating it too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I hope they IR him.  I'm sure Bernard doesn't want to go on IR and will argue against it, but the Bills went down that road with Milano a couple years ago where they let him miss 2 games with a strain/partial tear and he couldn't lift his freakin' arm to tackle - it literally hurt the team for him to be out there plus, it cost him more time.

Put the man on IR and let him heal.

Fortunately, the Bills don't have to make a decision until when? a week from Monday?

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Dont screw with it, put him on IR and bring someone in for now.  We need all our guys in November and December.

This is where I am.

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

In the meantime, do the Bills stay with Spector as a starter, or do they sign someone off the street?

I think the Bills stay with Spector, AND they sign someone off the street, probably to the practice squad.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

That was just because he rarely made contact with opposing players

Ouch.  Actually Edmunds did have a shoulder injury - torn rotator cuff?  He played worse than usual while recovering.

• Like (+1) 1

Glad it's a strain rather than a full tear. I thought Spector performed better than expected as a replacement. If the situation presents itself to add LB depth, great, but I think rolling out Spector and Williams until there replacements are back is the best we can do 

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

The "reports/rumors" say he is looking for ~28 per for 3-4 years with heavy guarantees.

Yeah......no LB is getting that.  Again, yes, he's an edge, but there is absolutely no way I am paying almost 30 million for 4 years for him.  Good player, but at 30 years old, that kind of money is out of the question for me.

• Agree 2

Bummer. Hopefully it isn't too bad and he can recover quickly. Looks like Buffalo Joe gonna be active going forward. 

Honestly, aside from getting lost in the shuffle on Miami's one TD, Spector wasn't too bad. 

And the fact that guys like Ingram and Lewis have been able to step in and this defense barely misses a beat is really something. Criticize McDermott all you want but the dude could probably take eleven of us schlubs on this forum and produce a middle of the pack defense lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

I hope it's not a tear and more on the strain side . If so Jones did show even with a tear he could be back by the time the play offs hit and maybe if Millano & Bernard can get back a bit before that it could make a great situation for a play off run !! Then if Johnson is all good too . GO BILLS !!!! 

This is why I don't have a lot of respect for this Thigh Doctor guy.  Where others are saying "OK, we need to wait for tests to know the severity" he's "all in" running with the worst case in both the surgery needed/no surgery needed case.  Injuries are always "no bueno", but I feel like he's doomsaying for the clicks.

So now we know it's a strain and won't need surgery, which still has a lot of variance to it depending on how severe the tear is, and if they haven't just slapped him on IR already they probably think it's closer to 4 weeks (or less)

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

But…..maybe it would not hurt to build your roster with LB’ who are 10 lbs HEAVIER than average.

It depends on what you ask of your backers, right?  They are choosing players who seem to fit their defensive scheme.  I think every team would like a fast, athletic LB who is taller and heavier than average and has an A+ head for the game, but those guys usually get drafted earlier than the 3rd to 5th round.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is why I don't have a lot of respect for this Thigh Doctor guy.  Where others are saying "OK, we need to wait for tests to know the severity" he's "all in" running with the worst case in both the surgery needed/no surgery needed case.  Injuries are always "no bueno", but I feel like he's doomsaying for the clicks.

He knows how to get attention.

• Haha (+1) 1

Overall good news on Bernard. Means we should get Johnson and him back in a couple of weeks. 

I have faith in Spector as I thought he would get a chance to compete for the starting job when we didn’t know what Bernard was. 

I am worried about depth for sure. Spector had gotten injuries and Williams is still undersized.  I know people love Joe and even Ulofoshio but I don’t want to see them playing real games yet. I expect a vet to be signed for depth here in the next day or two to the PS