Bernard pectoral injury

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

You are insulting the players who played yesterday and got the victory.  I am sure they can push to go 4-0 in the upcoming 4 games...especially when their QB is #17. Go Bills !!!

No ****. They can beat any team in the league. I am just saying win a minimum of two games and we are in good shape. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

This is great news. He can do everything but tackle and workout his upper body in the meantime. Can still do legs and conditioning. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back for the Houston game as he's from there and will want to play in front of friends and family

If Taron Johnson can be back by the Ravens game (possible since he wasn't put on IR), I actually think we are okay. Lamar can be beaten with scheme. Pretty concerned with the Texans game with all of these injuries. Pass rush will have to get there, or the offense will have to play lights out. Kind of thinking we drop that one.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Im old enough to remember last year during the preseason many thought Spector was going to start at Mike.  He got hurt late in preseason and Bernard came back healthy and got the job week 1 and never looked back.  

Spector was all over the field vs an offense that stresses the second level as any in the NFL.  Im not that concerned.  Spector and Williams will be fine.  

Morrow is the immediate back up and Andreesen or Ulofosio have the athletic ability to play a similar style.  Buffalo last few years have drafted 4 linebakers and found another UDFA.  Morrow athletically is similar to them.  I think they are deeper than many think.    

How old are you?

I'm old enough to remember when Mini Max Anderson reportedly swallowed his tongue.  

• Like (+1) 1

Next men up, It's time for Andreessen and Ulofoshio to show us what they've got. I have a feeling we aren't done with popping Biceps or other assorted injuries to the LBs, just yet.

I think they'll find one or two guys to add to the PS, they're probably working on that as I type.

Are they building the new stadium on an Indian graveyard again ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Next men up, It's time for Andreessen and Ulofoshio to show us what they've got. I have a feeling we aren't done with popping Biceps or other assorted injuries to the LBs, just yet.

I think they'll find one or two guys to add to the PS, they're probably working on that as I type.

Are they building the new stadium on an Indian graveyard again ?

The Bills certainly have a current type at linebacker. Dorian Williams is another one of them. Fast and strong, but built like a safety. These guys bulking up their upper bodies to take the hits of a linebacker leaves them so susceptible to injury. I hope I’m wrong, but I think you and I agree on that point.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't think he would.  Just saying I'd make the call to hear it for myself, though.  Doesn't hurt to pick up the phone.  I mean, as the player, I completely understand why he doesn't want to play under his current deal.  He is only owed like a million in cash and carries a cap hit of less than that.  All of his money from his current deal has basically been paid.  He's 29 and wants one more big deal.  But I am wondering what kind of money he's looking for.  What term is he looking for?  If I am Beane, the GM of a team that still, at least through 2 weeks, looks like a Super Bowl contender, am picking up the phone to find out.  Worst case scenario is that he's way out of your price range, which he probably is, and you just move on to your next target.  But I think you at least have to make the call.

I mean, he doesn't perfectly fit the type of LB we need.  He's an edge, but he's been a great player.  I don't know.  I just don't want to throw in the towel at the position and just hope for the best with the guys we have.  Spector can't stay healthy himself.  And, as great as Buffalo Joe was in the preseason, I am not ready for him to be anchoring this defense the rest of the season.  Gotta figure something out.

The "reports/rumors" say he is looking for ~28 per for 3-4 years with heavy guarantees.

• Shocked 1