Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If they keep running the ball we'll and playing smart solid defense, Josh Allen should win the MVP this year. That's just how it works....Right?

Jus play well against the niners on SNF late in the year like the guy in oriole town did last year and he should be all set.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not taking anything away from the defensive performance but Tua flat out missed a lot of open receivers today and had two really boneheaded interceptions. He gave his team no chance tonight.

Allen on the other hand didn't need to be a superhero tonight but the pressure he put on them helped put the game out of reach early.

But I think a lot of that had to do with pressure and fear of pressure.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It may have been garbage time but Cole Bishop flashes as an athlete out there.

He's the best athlete in the safety room and it's not even close.

I bet he's starting by sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

This game was Sean McDermott's wet dream:

Excellent TEAM defense, fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball, won in the trenches, only one penalty, under 140 yards passing but the offense still put up 31 points. 

He's gotta be thrilled. He might even allow himself a single Reese's peanut butter cup. Nah. Who am I kidding? I heard how silly that sounded as soon as I said it. 

In all seriousness: for this defense to look as great as it did despite missing who they were missing, to win in the trenches on both sides, to play crisp, clean football, and dominate a good team like they just did? Really great showing. Run game, defense, forcing turnovers, no dumb mistakes, kept #17 clean. Sign me up for 15 more just like this. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Really feels like the Bills just ended this version of the Dolphins. If Tua is done they will tear it down and rebuild.

They blew the rebuild trying to keep tua imo…McDermott just has his number.  Such an uphill battle losing two division games year in and year out

the Chubb trade was weird too

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Fastest team in the NFL, two highly paid WRs…10 points…despite missing 3 of our best defenders to injury.  

This inept roster Beane allegedly saddled us with…31 points despite basically running the clock out for nearly an entire half.

2-0 

32.5 PPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

first post is" How long do you think he'll be out for?
Hoping for the best at just missing Seattle."

For any of you(us) fans who love to watch FinHeaven wallow in misery the tua concussion thread is f*ckin hilarious theyre all eating each other alive

"

His career is in doubt. This team is a flaming disaster

LMFAO".

"LMFAO.

You would think that’s funny you pos."  etc...direct quote

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

C’mon don’t be crazy. Some will definitely beyatch after a 21 point win ! 

Omgerd, our rookie WR has 0 catches tonight, 4 in two games, 51 yards, and 0 TD's. Worthy had 2 TD's in his first game. Thanks a lot Beane. 

Good? :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The drive that Miami had just before the half was one of the most gutless and poorly managed things I’ve seen on a football field.  I think the initial goal was to not let Josh double dip but it ended up in a situation where the Fins had 3:36 and all three TO’s and *ran out of time*!  

Worst clock management I have ever seen in my life.