Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Brady had that really nice play design TD last week against ARI too. Im not totally sold on him yet but he does have some good plays up his sleeve.

2 hours ago, syhuang said:

Im still trying to figure out what defensive mastermind puts their "star" corner on a backup running back to begin with haha.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Anyone listening to WGR right now? How can Schopp be this insufferable after a win?

Complaining that we aren't passing, keeps bringing up how poised Miami was to win, etc... 

Good lord.

I dont listen to those idiots anymore.  Not for a long time.  All Schoop cares about is gambling and fantasy football.

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It isn't illegal because he didn't make contact with the defender. He actually played it perfect.  Did enough to get in his way and then juked around him without getting contact physical with the defender

Ingram has been a surprise to me. He has played incredible.  Also Lewis has played well this year.  Elam and Johnson I havent really seen to comment.  Bishop played well last night too. I only seen him like one or two plays but it was a good job on both.

What do you mean? The middle of the field is pretty much all Tua threw to.

pass-chart_TAG620344_2024-REG-2_17261980

That looks like 4 passes in the middle of the field to me. And only 2 were deep passes. The one interception that was deep “middle” was the deflection off the shoulder. To each his own though. 

38 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im still trying to figure out what defensive mastermind puts their "star" corner on a backup running back to begin with haha.

I mean they were technically right...though realistically at that point the play had broken down so I doubt that was the intended design.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

That looks like 4 passes in the middle of the field to me. And only 2 were deep passes. The one interception that was deep “middle” was the deflection off the shoulder. To each his own though. 

Thats because you are only counting the hashes as the middle of the field. The middle of the field is bigger than that.  Anything inside the numbers is the middle of the field.  They arent going to throw many deep passes because of the defense they are playing against.  Most of Tuas passes have been around the LoS for two weeks now.  They are relying on quick passes and YAC.  Probably in hopes of the defense adjusting so they can go deep.  Not really any different than what teams have done to Allen and Mahomes trying to take away the explosive big plays.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I mean its hard to argue with something that is working. However there are times drives stall and Allen is asked to make incredible 3rd down plays. I dont like that. Especially when he throws so little, he really isnt in a rhythm.  Its not going to work all season. I hope they have something when it doesnt.  Need to be able to do both things. We arent always going to get 3 ints in a game lol. We arent always going to be able to ram the ball for 7 ypc or whatever it is.

Mostly, like I said, I would have like to see them run play action more on those second and shorts. Especially when the defense is selling out to stop the run.  I would like to see them mix up first down a bit more.  Things like that. 

I think you are spot on here. 

• Like (+1) 1