Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

I heard a guy last night on national fox sports radio about 10 something central time...It was one of those gambling guys Todd Fuhrman who comes on sports talk radio shows and gives expert advice.

He said about the Bills last night,  their coordinators McDermott and dorsey didn't have to do much to stretch the field and we haven't seen what they will look like and now with all the injuries they have to matt milano, terrel bernard and tyrell dodson.

The host didn't even correct him.  Please everyone stop listening to these asinine people.

I looked up Todd Fuhrman on twitter and he has 161 thousand followers.  

can listen here.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/featured/the-jason-smith-show/content/2024-09-13-1-the-jason-smith-show-with-mi-hour-3-todd-fuhrman-stops-by/

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

I think McDaniel is the type of guy to believe his own hype. I think in his head he was really expecting last night to be a turning point for them to overtake the division, like most of the pundits did.

Instead the Bills pulled down his paints in a nationally televised game for the fifth or the sixth time. And his season may or may not have gone completely down the drain with his QB’s career. 

It’s got to be a tough pill to swallow. 

Right on! I expected last night to be much closer. Our lines are far superior and we whipped em in the trenches allowing the others to make plays. He truly believes his hype and this will be the fins demise. The blueprint is out on how to beat them.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I heard a guy last night on national fox sports radio about 10 something central time...It was one of those gambling guys Todd Fuhrman who comes on sports talk radio shows and gives expert advice.

He said about the Bills last night,  their coordinators McDermott and dorsey didn't have to do much to stretch the field and we haven't seen what they will look like and now with all the injuries they have to matt milano, terrel bernard and tyrell dodson.

The host didn't even correct him.  Please everyone stop listening to these asinine people.

I looked up Todd Fuhrman on twitter and he has 161 thousand followers.  

can listen here.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/featured/the-jason-smith-show/content/2024-09-13-1-the-jason-smith-show-with-mi-hour-3-todd-fuhrman-stops-by/

The only thing dumber than gambling is paying money to someone to tell you how to gamble.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

It seems like the only way the Cards or Fins have stuffed the run has been with well timed run blitzes. We haven't seen the Bills lean heavily into play action yet to exploit that. 

And I think you're right, teams are leery of stacking the box with LB's against our 2 wr and heavier sets out of fear of getting beat over the top.

The ideal game plan would be for teams to stop our running game with their front four and 2 LB's. That's something the Chiefs and Bengals have been able to do to us at times. 

It will be interesting to see how the season progresses, and if the success on the ground can continue against better defenses. 

I think being bigger at center and guard helps vs the AFC elite.  I dont expect Buffalo to dominate those games but also forces teams to make decisions to take it away. 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, nucci said:

Hollins did a great job getting in the way without making any contact at all - from the EZ angle you can see how he darts out of the way so that there is not even close to contact being made

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Billznut said:

NFL live today talked about how the Bills have the most run plays in the NFL since Brady took over as OC last year. I couldn’t believe we lead the league in runs. Not crazy about that really, not with Josh as our QB, but I know it’s what McDermott wants. It’s a big reason Dorsey was fired, McD wants to be more of a running team and obviously Brady will do as he’s told. 

It doesnt bother me as long as we are winning. I don't care how they win, just win!  There are two things that do bother me about it... One is last week, last drive not going for the throat. The other is that its too predictable and Brady isnt leaning into playaction when he should. He isnt mixing it up.  Its putting Josh into too many third and longs and asking him to be superman every time. There doesnt seem to be rhyme or reason to his scheme. Like it doesnt look like they ever use a set up from previous plays.  We ran we ran we ran. Yall sellin out for the run now so now we are going to... run again.  What do I know though.

14 hours ago, steven50 said:

That is an excellent question. As proud as I am of the boys performance tonight Jacksonville wrote the blue print for stopping Miami's high powered receivers and we followed and improved on that blueprint. The timing, quick pass, thing Miami has been successful at might be over, particularly with that O line they have.

Ummm what?  Have you seen Bills games versus Miami for like the last two years?

The Dolphins covered all the outs last night...

Outplayed 

Out Coached 

Out prepared 

Out hustled 

Out toughed 

Outscored....

Kudos to Sean McDermott, Joe Brady, Bobby Babich and the entire staff.  Having guys like Lewis, Spector and Ingram stepping up is a combination of the players hard work and coaching.

Great day to be a Bills fan - GDTBABF

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Anyone listening to WGR right now? How can Schopp be this insufferable after a win?

Complaining that we aren't passing, keeps bringing up how poised Miami was to win, etc... 

Good lord.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It doesnt bother me as long as we are winning. I don't care how they win, just win!  There are two things that do bother me about it... One is last week, last drive not going for the throat. The other is that its too predictable and Brady isnt leaning into playaction when he should. He isnt mixing it up.  Its putting Josh into too many third and longs and asking him to be superman every time. There doesnt seem to be rhyme or reason to his scheme. Like it doesnt look like they ever use a set up from previous plays.  We ran we ran we ran. Yall sellin out for the run now so now we are going to... run again.  What do I know though.

Ummm what?  Have you seen Bills games versus Miami for like the last two years?

I hear you Scott. I think the Bills offense is still a work in progress after 2 games. I myself, would like to see a little more play action from a traditional QB under center. I think it really out additional pressure in defenses. 

I will say the Bills running game looks legit. Cook and Davis look more explosive and are able to get more chunks yards. The oline is blowing defensive players off the line of scrimmage. That Cook 50 yard TD was a thing of beauty. This balanced attack should lead to bigger passing games for Allen when needed. 

After two games, I don't think we fans can quibble about a lot. I'm interested to see how teams attack the Bills offense throughout the season. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear you Scott. I think the Bills offense is still a work in progress after 2 games. I myself, would like to see a little more play action from a traditional QB under center. I think it really out additional pressure in defenses. 

I will say the Bills running game looks legit. Cook and Davis look more explosive and are able to get more chunks yards. The oline is blowing defensive players off the line of scrimmage. That Cook 50 yard TD was a thing of beauty. This balanced attack should lead to bigger passing games for Allen when needed. 

After two games, I don't think we fans can quibble about a lot. I'm interested to see how teams attack the Bills offense throughout the season. 

Yeah I mean its hard to argue with something that is working. However there are times drives stall and Allen is asked to make incredible 3rd down plays. I dont like that. Especially when he throws so little, he really isnt in a rhythm.  Its not going to work all season. I hope they have something when it doesnt.  Need to be able to do both things. We arent always going to get 3 ints in a game lol. We arent always going to be able to ram the ball for 7 ypc or whatever it is.

Mostly, like I said, I would have like to see them run play action more on those second and shorts. Especially when the defense is selling out to stop the run.  I would like to see them mix up first down a bit more.  Things like that. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think, depending on the severity of the Tua injury, we are going to see some high drama in Miami.  Its amazing that one night might have sunk a franchise into a long tear down and rebuild.

Just think... we get to do this to them every year twice a season.  Maybe even in the playoffs too.  Every year people and media are Dolphin humpers only to be let down yet again by Daddy Allen.

not talking about the concussion obviously... just the Bills embarrassing them in domination.

Edited by Scott7975

7 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I'm not even sure what conclusions to draw from this game vis-a-vis the rest of the season for the Bills.

The only thing to be sure of is that this game somehow got Lamar Jackson closer to another fake MVP.

Just kidding relax... but maybe.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thanks for this.

Btw, I rewatched most of the game and read FinHeaven GDT at the same time. They claimed that this was illegal pick play.

Anybody can comment on that? I don't know exact rules but Hollins does seem to quite intentionally interfere with Long.

It isn't illegal because he didn't make contact with the defender. He actually played it perfect.  Did enough to get in his way and then juked around him without getting contact physical with the defender

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Bills Conerbacks:

Douglas

Benford

Ingram

Elam

Johnson

Lewis

Legitimately two deep at each position

If/when we get our Safety situation sorted out, this Secondary could be something else.

Hamlin & Rapp look solid through two games, we know Edwards is a dependable player from his time in KC and Bishop showed off some serious athleticism at the end of the game breaking up that corner end zone pass. 

Ingram has been a surprise to me. He has played incredible.  Also Lewis has played well this year.  Elam and Johnson I havent really seen to comment.  Bishop played well last night too. I only seen him like one or two plays but it was a good job on both.

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I love our cornerback depth I agree, but our safeties are still a liability. Thankfully they were not put in vulnerable situations coverage wise this game. The Dolphins didn’t attack the middle of the field like they should have and I’m thankful for that. I definitely think Bishop needs to be out there sooner rather than later when we play actual quarterbacks like CJ Stroud in a couple weeks. 

What do you mean? The middle of the field is pretty much all Tua threw to.

pass-chart_TAG620344_2024-REG-2_17261980

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It was so off target I understand why people thought it was tipped. 

I just watched a replay and it was 100% not tipped. Bass shanked the F out of it 

Even if it was tipped it was still Bass fault for not getting enough air under it and kicking a line drive.  Unless it looked like the Dolphins got good penetration. I didnt see a replay but I doubt that they got good penetration.

5 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I took a pledge to not be snarky or complain on the GDT. Bass tested me last night with that miss. But I will say it now. That kick from that spot is not a kick an NFL kicker should miss looking like that

Yeah, I had just gotten done earlier saying my confidence in Bass was restored. Then he did that. Luckily it's a game where it didn't matter so I didn't get pissed, but I am back to having no confidence in Bass.

• Agree 1