Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I took a pledge to not be snarky or complain on the GDT. Bass tested me last night with that miss. But I will say it now. That kick from that spot is not a kick an NFL kicker should miss looking like that

I'd have to rewatch it, did his plant foot slip a little?  Did he chunk it in the grass?  Something had to have gone pretty wrong for him to miss it that bad.  Field conditions were pretty poor on the night.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'd have to rewatch it, did his plant foot slip a little?  Did he chunk it in the grass?  Something had to have gone pretty wrong for him to miss it that bad.  Field conditions were pretty poor on the night.  

Just watched it on the all-22. His kicking foot skipped off the ground. Like it got stuck in the turf.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Tony Gonzales asking Josh Allen about diggs and Davis because he doesn’t know any of the other players on the team and pays no attention to the bills is pretty funny. 

Whenever I watch the Amazon games I always feel like they all get along great but Gonzales is the guy they kind of eyeroll at and just put up with when they are together off screen.  In terms of 'analysis' to me he is the guy who just spits out the most common/tired/dated takes 

Edited by stevewin

Even with a healthy Tua, Miami is not a playoff team. That quick pass, timing offense is no longer getting it done. Defenses have figured it out. And the Dolphins defense is subpar as well. The Bills on the other hand, is really hard to figure out. Still can't get a decent idea of how far they can go this year. It is clear though that Buffalo's DLine is looking pretty strong and that is big. Winning in the trenches is big and we've now seen 2 dominating performances from them. Buffalo is winning in the trenches on offense too. Very good signs. We've yet to go against a top defense. That will provide some clues. All in all, it looks like the arrow is pointing up.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Even with a healthy Tua, Miami is not a playoff team. That quick pass, timing offense is no longer getting it done. Defenses have figured it out. And the Dolphins defense is subpar as well. The Bills on the other hand, is really hard to figure out. Still can't get a decent idea of how far they can go this year. It is clear though that Buffalo's DLine is looking pretty strong and that is big. Winning in the trenches is big and we've now seen 2 dominating performances from them. Buffalo is winning in the trenches on offense too. Very good signs. We've yet to go against a top defense. That will provide some clues. All in all, it looks like the arrow is pointing up.

Are you familiar with the offense they run?

Tua threw for 338 yards, 62.2 completion % with a 101 rating in week 1  

The Bills did an outstanding job yet again in stopping their offense.  Lets hope they can stop similar offenses in Houston, SF, LA, Titans etc. when we play them this year.

Edited by MikePJ76

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The Bills did an outstanding job yet again in stopping their offense.  Lets hope they can stop similar offenses in Houston, SF, LA, Titans etc. when we play them this year.

And yet, barely squeaked out a win against the Jags. I think they'll be lucky to get 9 wins.

Edited by Rockinon

The biggest question I have after two weeks -- is the OLine significantly better this year with Edwards at RG and McGovern at C? 

I think it's too early to tell, because the Cards and Fins are weak up front. But it looks like it has a chance to be better. 

The upcoming matchup with the Jags will prove to be a much better measuring stick for the OLine. Glad that games at home and not at Tottnum, or down in Duvall. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I saw a couple people say it was tipped… was that not the case?

Rewatched it and it was left off his foot, left of the jumping Dolphins, left of the goalpost, the net, and 80% of the end zone fans.

Been fighting that with the driver too and yesterday was the first time in a long time without one, so it can be done. The tradeoff was, there were a couple wide-right :cry:

25 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Just watched it on the all-22. His kicking foot skipped off the ground. Like it got stuck in the turf.

That same effect happens in golf, we call it "hitting the big ball before the little ball" and it'll usually hook left

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Shocked 1

I would have liked to see the behind the scene employees for Thursday Night football show the pre-game predictions on the screen when they were talking to Allen in the post game show. Just to let Allen they all thought Miami would win besides Fitz.

That woman had Miami winning by 10.

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Seemed like Jacksonville was all in on stopping the run…Miami will get their passing yards in that scenario.  Should’ve worked for them too a miracle jags fumble bailed them out

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The biggest question I have after two weeks -- is the OLine significantly better this year with Edwards at RG and McGovern at C? 

I think it's too early to tell, because the Cards and Fins are weak up front. But it looks like it has a chance to be better. 

The upcoming matchup with the Jags will prove to be a much better measuring stick for the OLine. Glad that games at home and not at Tottnum, or down in Duvall. 

We made them look good but the jax defense was pretty bad last year across the board.  Should be interesting to see how good the armstead addition goes in Jax, I think he got a bit overrated because he was surrounded by an absolutely stacked defense early on in SF 

theyre very early on into a scheme shift too 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We made them look good but the jax defense was pretty bad last year across the board.  Should be interesting to see how good the armstead addition goes in Jax, I think he got a bit overrated because he was surrounded by an absolutely stacked defense early on in SF 

He's getting up there in years too. But I think Allen and Travon Walker pose problems at DE, while they appear to have moved Armsted inside to DT. 

If we can run on them and protect well in the pass game, I think that will be a sign that the OLine is legit. 

13 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

They are different.  Less outside runs more inside.  I think that has to do with Mcgovern vs Morse.  Morse was athletic and gets outside and upfield.  Mcgovern is more a dig his nose and stay on block type.  I think the interior is more stout. When they pull its Dawkins and Brown.  Right now double team get the backer is a tough run to stop with light boxes.  Having the bigger bodies at the skill position allows them to run successfully at loaded boxes.  

Next evolution will be when defenses match with bigger bodies.  Those condensed sets will morph into spread looks.  They are dictating to defense right now.  Setting the counter to the counter.  Defenses dont want to be caught with their pants down vs Allen.  This gameplan will be on the table all year.    

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

They are different.  Less outside runs more inside.  I think that has to do with Mcgovern vs Morse.  Morse was athletic and gets outside and upfield.  Mcgovern is more a dig his nose and stay on block type.  I think the interior is more stout. When they pull its Dawkins and Brown.  Right now double team get the backer is a tough run to stop with light boxes.  Having the bigger bodies at the skill position allows them to run successfully at loaded boxes.  

Next evolution will be when defenses match with bigger bodies.  Those condensed sets will morph into spread looks.  They are dictating to defense right now.  Setting the counter to the counter.  Defenses dont want to be caught with their pants down vs Allen.  This gameplan will be on the table all year.    

It seems like the only way the Cards or Fins have stuffed the run has been with well timed run blitzes. We haven't seen the Bills lean heavily into play action yet to exploit that. 

And I think you're right, teams are leery of stacking the box with LB's against our 2 wr and heavier sets out of fear of getting beat over the top.

The ideal game plan would be for teams to stop our running game with their front four and 2 LB's. That's something the Chiefs and Bengals have been able to do to us at times. 

It will be interesting to see how the season progresses, and if the success on the ground can continue against better defenses. 

Knowing we have two high caliber RBs will help me sleep nights all season long. Tua didn't look right before the concussion. He and Chosen were out of sync all night yet they kept throwing to him. I'm trying to figure out how they beat Jacksonville. Only disappointment is Coleman getting no action.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Knowing we have two high caliber RBs will help me sleep nights all season long. Tua didn't look right before the concussion. He and Chosen were out of sync all night yet they kept throwing to him. I'm trying to figure out how they beat Jacksonville. Only disappointment is Coleman getting no action.

Yep and our #3 is pretty solid too. But Davis... oooh buddy I have really high hopes and goals for that cat.

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I find it highly amusing that the Patriots' fans now think they can win the division rather easily.

rick james cocaine GIF

• Like (+1) 2