Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Sports media personality Skip Bayless wrote on X that the Fish have more talent, but the Bills are better coached and have Josh Allen.   

I’m sick of that narrative. True the Bills are better coached and have Josh, but the Fish don’t have more talent.  They have more media recognized talent in Tua, Hill, Ramsey & Waddle.  However after those four and the 2 RBs (Achane is excellent), the Bills have much better players across the organization.  The Bills lines are far superior and last I looked most NFL games are won in the trenches.  The Bills secondary is also better.  Ramsey is a brand, but Douglas and Benford have been incredible since paired last season.  

All in all, if I could take a few players off the Fish, the only 2 I’d take are Waddle and Achane.  Hill and Ramsey are great but complete distractions we don’t need. 

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

His post game presser was brutal! He was lost, somber, searching for words. Not a very good coach at all.

I just listened to it. One thing he kept doing that irked me was he kept referring to Tua as his "teammate". And that's been what a major part of the issue in Miami has been.

If this guy doesn't even see himself as "the boss" or being in charge I HIGHLY doubt those players do, either. The ship is rudderless in Miami. They don't have a coach, they have a buddy that's likely more concerned about being "one of the guys" for the first time in his life than being a "leader of men". 

In short, he's exactly the type of fella that they put a chair next to the bed in hotel rooms for. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I just listened to it. One thing he kept doing that irked me was he kept referring to Tua as his "teammate". And that's been what a major part of the issue in Miami has been.

If this guy doesn't even see himself as "the boss" or being in charge I HIGHLY doubt those players do, either. The ship is rudderless in Miami. They don't have a coach, they have a buddy that's likely more concerned about being "one of the guys" for the first time in his life than being a "leader of men". 

In short, he's exactly the type of fella that they put a chair next to the bed in hotel rooms for. 

You are dating yourself.  This generation of players and workers craves leaders who view them as colleagues and teammates.  McDaniel’s players absolutely love him and he’s a good coach.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Sports media personality Skip Bayless wrote on X that the Fish have more talent, but the Bills are better coached and have Josh Allen.   

I’m sick of that narrative. True the Bills are better coached and have Josh, but the Fish don’t have more talent.  They have more media recognized talent in Tua, Hill, Ramsey & Waddle.  However after those four and the 2 RBs (Achane is excellent), the Bills have much better players across the organization.  The Bills lines are far superior and last I looked most NFL games are won in the trenches.  The Bills secondary is also better.  Ramsey is a brand, but Douglas and Benford have been incredible since paired last season.  

All in all, if I could take a few players off the Fish, the only 2 I’d take are Waddle and Achane.  Hill and Ramsey are great but complete distractions we don’t need. 

Also - having one of the best #1 (and #2 for that matter) receivers in the game doesn't matter if the rest of the pieces aren't there

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

As you said, trenches are the key and often overlooked by big media types.

Our Oline and Dline have stepped up so far.  Coaching has been great, has our back 7 (even with injuries) staying disciplined and in position since 2nd half of Cards.

Our offense has different ways to put up points.  Complementary ball has been working so far

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The whole household name fallacy is perpetuated by idiots like skip bayless in the first place haha. The bills would have more household names if these ‘analysts’ actually payed any attention to the team  😂. If benford played for the jets or the cowboys everyone would know his name 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think, depending on the severity of the Tua injury, we are going to see some high drama in Miami.  Its amazing that one night might have sunk a franchise into a long tear down and rebuild.

The body language of Tyreek Hill sucked all night, and that was with Tua in the game.  Herbstreit was tearing him and his little follower Waddle apart for bad body language on the bench, not seeming to care while the offense was on the field (meanwhile they were feeding a banged-up Achane into a wood-chipper for some reason).  

If things go south there, and looking at the state of that O-Line and their QB position, things really might implode.  Hill, Waddle, and Ramsey, all who are locked in with lots of bucks (Tua too) are going to start pouting and go off.  It could get ugly, and there is not much the owner, GM, anyone can do.  All of McDaniel's investment in being a 'teammate', 'friend', etc will be completely worthless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'm not sure why other teams don't use the bills blueprint against Miami. I feel like it's been out for a year now.

Play two deep, make them do 10 plus yard drives. Their o line struggles, at some point they are gonna whiff on a block or have a penalty which will put them behind the sticks.

And can't even say it's because other teams don't have the talent the bills do.

Down Taron, Milano and Bernard. Two all pros and a borderline pro bowler

I almost feel bad for the Dolphin fans...all 50 of them.

I mean it's not even a rivalry anymore. To be a rivalry you actually have to win games against the other team. They are 1-12 against us in their last 13. The one game they won we out gained them by almost 300 yards and lost because half the team was injured/out with heat stroke by the 4th quarter and still almost won. Average margin of victory during that streak is 15 points for the Bills so the games typically aren't close either.

It's like I always say...they are Little Brother...we whip their asses, they go beat up on their friends for a while then come back talking tough about how they are going to kick out ass and then we beat them down again to put them back in their place and let them know who is still the Beasts of the AFC East

Sleeping on the Bills then you way off...

Talk is cheap, meet us in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not even sure what conclusions to draw from this game vis-a-vis the rest of the season for the Bills. The defense was getting gashed early in the game, but then Tua inexplicably was just giving it away. The offense did enough in the first half, but then the game was so out of reach they went into run out the clock mode.

My biggest conclusion from this game is that the Dolphins are trash, and aren't going to sniff the division or playoffs this year (and that was before Tua's injury).

Edited by DapperCam

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You are dating yourself.  This generation of players and workers craves leaders who view them as colleagues and teammates.  McDaniel’s players absolutely love him and he’s a good coach.

Of course today's players want to have a coach that doesn't feel like a "boss". They want coaches that treat them with respect and take an interest in them. There also needs to be a line that says "I'm in charge here."

Do you honestly think Andy Reid walks into the Chiefs locker room and says "Hello, fellow employees! Here's to another day of being equals?" Absolutely freaking not. You can be the boss without being a hard ass Bill Parcels type. But in order to do that, it needs to be earned through results.

As far as McDaniel, I don't think he's a very good coach at all. I think he's a great play designer. But the last 2 seasons have shown what kind of a coach and leader he is. He's a coach that has his team spiral late in the season. He's a coach that has trouble beating good teams. It's all fun and games when they can beat up on poor teams. But come crunch time he is what I said...a guy that can't coach his team to wins when it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

This was one of the most complete performances from the team that I have seen. The defense and rushing played well enough where we could have won with Trubisky or White playing at QB. That is very rare in the last few years.

Don't get me wrong, Josh Allen is the franchise and the team's success goes hand in hand with his, but it is nice to see that we can win in more than one way.

Edited by dgrochester55