Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Brilliant part of this win that I don’t know many are talking about: We are putting a lot of rushing on film. 

Teams we play might start stacking and selling out against the run as part of their gameplan, and we can easily pivot to Shakir, Coleman, Kincaid, and Allen. 

Shakir looked fantastic against the zone when it mattered. We haven’t seen almost anything in targets to Kincaid, and he was supposedly going to be the focal point of the offense. I think he still has the potential to be, but we haven’t gone to that well yet.

• Like (+1) 5

Lost in this great win and Tua's 5th concussion in the NFL is the fact that Allen burned big mouth Ramsey once again. That pass to Ty Johnson that put the last nail in the phins coffin last night was a beauty. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Brilliant part of this win that I don’t know many are talking about: We are putting a lot of rushing on film. 

Teams we play might start stacking and selling out against the run as part of their gameplan, and we can easily pivot to Shakir, Coleman, Kincaid, and Allen. 

Shakir looked fantastic against the zone when it mattered. We haven’t seen almost anything in targets to Kincaid, and he was supposedly going to be the focal point of the offense. I think he still has the potential to be, but we haven’t gone to that well yet.

The focal point of this offense today is running the football and running it well.  Cook/Johnson/Davis have done an outstanding job in the two games.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The money he has, with the guaranteed part, is plenty for several families and generations. Now his health should be his and his family's priority. 

Nice kid, decent QB but it's now very clear he can't stay away from injuries. 

Not to mention injury insurance 

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

They seemed to make getting Kincaid involved a priority to start the game, but that was it.

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

We have barely scratched the surface of what this offense can do, in so many ways.

Miami is a one-trick pony.  Get McDaniel off his game and he can't, or won't, adjust.  And they sank so much money into their offensive "genius" and his coveted, undersized tools that the rebuild is likely to be long and ugly.

Oh well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The focal point of this offense today is running the football and running it well.  Cook/Johnson/Davis have done an outstanding job in the two games.

Today? Absolutely, and if teams start to focus on it? I can’t wait to see Allen bring it when our opponents are forced to drop out of cover 2 shell because of the rush attack

18 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I mean not even the "on film" part. Legitimate question: when has Josh had a run game this dominant? In the second half when the Dolphins KNEW the Bills were milking the clock they couldn't stop it 

You keep doing something that works until teams stop you. If opposing defenses are giving Josh 8 man boxes, look out!

• Thank you (+1) 2

Not sure what others take will be with Josh’s hand but I think it clearly affects what the bills call and what he does.  He fumbled on snap which seemed to be unrelated but he was throwing it quick even to throw it away and there were no called runs, no qb sneaks and one scramble where he slid.  None of that mattered last night but jags ravens and Texans upcoming we could see an affect.  Best guess is he has a broken bone so this will affect him fo 4-6 weeks ish.  

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Ten quick points after the game:

1) BILLS WIN!  Can't say anything sweeter than that

2) Happy Birthday To Me (was yesterday, but I'll take this as a nice belated present)

3) Ladies and Gentlemen....tread softly now BUT THE BILLS SEEM TO HAVE A PASS RUSH!  Under pressure dum du da dum da!
4) Let James Cook!!!!
5) Along with that pass rush...WE SEEM TO HAVE A RUN GAME!

Concerns:

6) Allen gave me heart palpitations with a couple of those throws late in the game.   It's hard to argue with 68% completion, but he really does need to throw it away or eat it at times.  We're lucking *****y we didn't have some picks.  Yeah, push it but "know when to say when".  I hope they read him the riot act in the film room....

7) ....though Allen IS a mother*****in' One Man Riot.  OMG the athleticism of that man - elevates right over the Dolphins bench AND the trashcan behind it!  My heart!
😎 I saw so many guys reading wrong and miscues on our D (yeah, even me, even on the televised broadcast).  Hopefully we can continue to improve week to week.  And even so, we had enough ..... in part because WE SEEM TO HAVE A PASS RUSH!
9) WTF was it with our players slipping and sliding all over the place out there?  The Dolphins didn't seem to be having as much problem.  I saw Cam Lewis slip and fall on his ass on that Achane TD, other defenders as well.  Do our equipment guys need to go to Cleat School or lay in a different set of cleats, or do we need to spray down our practice field so our players get used to it or what?

And finally:
10) Love Poyer but he's no longer "All Pro Po", made me a bit verklempt even though it's good for our team

I think Bass was kind of a "slip sliding away" victim on that late miss

Two words:  Pass Rush.  They were not expecting what they got from us.  And even so Tua hit the hot read and they broke contain on us what, half a dozen times?  Then we adjusted to that and Tua had to start running, which was.....Not a good idea.

I hope so that field was a bit slick

Let alone the pure joy of watching the bills blow out the dolphins, following that up with now a mini bye is so underrated for an overly passionate die hard fan. Bills are 2-0 and besides the defensive injuries and Bass all is looking great. Now I get to enjoy this weekend and all of next weeks games wanting pure relaxation and joy until bills play that following Monday compared to if they lost it would be depressing to watch so much football and hear so much negative talk until bills played again. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

😂😂😂😂

We had 247 yards of total offense and won by 3 TDs.

😂😂😂😂

Two years ago we had 500 yards of offense against them and lost. Last couple years, in general, seems like we had to play so much better than other teams to win.

This game, we won by a lot without it feeling so hard. 

THIS IS THE WAY

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Two years ago we had 500 yards of offense against them and lost. Last couple years, in general, seems like we had to play so much better than other teams to win.

This game, we won by a lot without it feeling so hard. 

THIS IS THE WAY

It was all those INTs.  Defense!!  Curiously.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Not sure what others take will be with Josh’s hand but I think it clearly affects what the bills call and what he does.  He fumbled on snap which seemed to be unrelated but he was throwing it quick even to throw it away and there were no called runs, no qb sneaks and one scramble where he slid.  None of that mattered last night but jags ravens and Texans upcoming we could see an affect.  Best guess is he has a broken bone so this will affect him fo 4-6 weeks ish.  

With his fingers being taped together I'd bet good money that he broke/fractured one of the fingers and that's about it.

Love that we were able to blow out the Dolphins and didnt need him to run at all.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

His post game presser was brutal! He was lost, somber, searching for words. Not a very good coach at all.

It was almost like we were back in 2022 and he was searching for words so he didnt make it seem too bad and they could rush Tua back onto the field again. Tell me more about how it was a "back injury"!

• Agree 2