Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

6 hours ago, Simon said:

I wouldn't walk away from multi-generational wealth that could help my family and community, regardless of the consequences.

I won't second-guess Tua if he doesn't either.

That is a consideration, but permanently damaging your mental capacity for money is a bit absurd. 

Tua has $167 million of his new contract guaranteed.   His family is set for generations. 

Tua...step away from the game.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

5 hours ago, Billznut said:

NFL live today talked about how the Bills have the most run plays in the NFL since Brady took over as OC last year. I couldn’t believe we lead the league in runs. Not crazy about that really, not with Josh as our QB, but I know it’s what McDermott wants. It’s a big reason Dorsey was fired, McD wants to be more of a running team and obviously Brady will do as he’s told. 

Maybe, but I don't think so.  Brady is going to figure out what works and go with it.  It may look different every game.  

We have a strong OC who understands using one play to set up a future play and isn't bound by his own ego to call one style of offense.

I'm just praying he's back next season but am not confident in that.

We also have a ton of change at the WR position and games like this buys us time for them to gel with JA while still racking up the W.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Agreed.  Josh can make his special plays without having to play hero ball.  This team has a better chance to win the SB.

I love the fact that the offence is more balanced and can control the pace of the game.  This is how we can beat KC. 

GO BILLS!!!!

Oh, by the way, we need to fire McDermott. (Sorry, just had to go there for the negative crowd)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Uh, the Josh Allen lead fireworks of the past were fun and all but where did that get us.  Being “boring” with a strong runn8ng game and top defense have long been a way to win championships.  

John Elway concurs.

• Like (+1) 2

I  hope the defense would play like they did in every game.  Fly8ng to the ball and clamping down the receivers.  Enough of the playing off of receivers and moving up for the tackle after the reception.

I wonder if what they played in this game is the style Babich wants to play.

31 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

We have a strong OC who understands using one play to set up a future play and isn't bound by his own ego to call one style of offense.

Agreed.  It's what I love about Brady.  I think Josh mentioned in his postgame comments that Brady is not afraid to run the same play over and over if that is what is working.  I HATE coaches (particularly those from the Mike Martz tree) who want to show how clever they are and fool a team rather than just beat them.  The "Oh, we've got a first and goal at the one and a bruising RB who they haven't been able to stop all game?  Let's throw the ball.  They'll NEVER expect that!" mentality.  So annoying.

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

So he earned an extra million last night.  Good for him.  He seems very motivated. 

Yes, but the brilliant move about that by Beane is that it counts against next year's cap after Diggs is off the books.  If the incentive is deemed to be "below expectations" they would have to count the bonus against this year's cap but because Von sucked last year his expected total was, I think, 1.5 sacks so the bonus counts against next year.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

On a total side note, McDaniel's post game presser was just...somehow worse than his coaching performance during the game and that is saying a lot.

Dude could barely string 2 words together and had lots of pauses, ums, stutters and incoherent babbling...it was so freaking bad. Like he was a 4th grader speaking in front of the class for the first time trying to give a speech.

So bad...

How much total money did the Dolphins put into extensions for McDaniel and Tua?

Not to mention, how much money did they spend building that entire one-trick offense of theirs?

They just lit it all on fire.

2 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Agreed.  It's what I love about Brady.  I think Josh mentioned in his postgame comments that Brady is not afraid to run the same play over and over if that is what is working.  I HATE coaches (particularly those from the Mike Martz tree) who want to show how clever they are and fool a team rather than just beat them.  The "Oh, we've got a first and goal at the one and a bruising RB who they haven't been able to stop all game?  Let's throw the ball.  They'll NEVER expect that!" mentality.  So annoying.

Yes, but the brilliant move about that by Beane is that it counts against next year's cap after Diggs is off the books.  If the incentive is deemed to be "below expectations" they would have to count the bonus against this year's cap but because Von sucked last year his expected total was, I think, 1.5 sacks so the bonus counts against next year.

Not below expectations it’s “likely to be earned”

2 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

If you told me that Josh totalled less than 150 yards, and the fish out gained us by 100 yards I would not have believed we won much less by 21

That's what happens when you basically call off the dogs in the middle of the third quarter.