Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, Skyline Chili said:

I'm good with the offense going through Cook.  Felt the same way last year.  It opens a lot of options 

Agreed.  Josh can make his special plays without having to play hero ball.  This team has a better chance to win the SB.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Skyline Chili said:

I'm good with the offense going through Cook.  Felt the same way last year.  It opens a lot of options 

They still score a ton of points and it prevents Allen from taking extra hits. Until it stops working why change it.

• Agree 3

The mini-bye also couldn't come at a better time for the Bills.  The Bills have 11 days to get everyone up to speed on defense, especially the linebackers (I'm assuming Bernard is out for a few weeks), and give the coaching staff time to figure out who is best suited to take Bernard's place and how best to scheme to utilize the new starters best skills.  

If one of our opponents take something positive that they can try against the Bills it maybe our run defense.  Unfortunately for most teams they don't have a speedster like Achane.  The bad news for our opponents is that pass rush looks as good as I've seen it in years.  A great pass rush coupled with excellent corner play from DB play makes the Bills extremely hard to throw against.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The mini-bye also couldn't come at a better time for the Bills.  The Bills have 11 days to get everyone up to speed on defense, especially the linebackers (I'm assuming Bernard is out for a few weeks), and give the coaching staff time to figure out who is best suited to take Bernard's place and how best to scheme to utilize the new starters best skills.  

If one of our opponents take something positive that they can try against the Bills it maybe our run defense.  Unfortunately for most teams they don't have a speedster like Achane.  The bad news for our opponents is that pass rush looks as good as I've seen it in years.  A great pass rush coupled with excellent corner play from DB play makes the Bills extremely hard to throw against.  

Only good thing with the injuries coming early in the year and not being season ending is it allows the players to get back before the end of the year and get back into the flow of things prior to the playoffs.

On a total side note, McDaniel's post game presser was just...somehow worse than his coaching performance during the game and that is saying a lot.

Dude could barely string 2 words together and had lots of pauses, ums, stutters and incoherent babbling...it was so freaking bad. Like he was a 4th grader speaking in front of the class for the first time trying to give a speech.

So bad...

Edited by Big Turk

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Don't forget Josh's left hand.  It would be good to have that healed before the game against the Jaguars.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Truthfully, he was rock solid all game. I was actually thinking maybe the automatic Bass is back. He was confidently drilling everything down the middle. Then that FG attempt. Oh boy was that deflating. 

It was so far off it missed the net and landed in the stands 

I looked at the replay in slo-mo but still couldn't  tell if it was deflected. 

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

That's a relative term.  I'm happy with the record.  I'm a little concerned that Buffalo has manage to lose two key starters on defenses in two successive weeks.  It sounds a little too much like last season.  I hope it doesn't become an ongoing trend.  The good news is that we had a Cole Bishop sighting.  That bodes well for safety depth at least.  I thought Buffalo's offense was kind of boring to be honest.  I would like to have seen a little more passing, and maybe and intermediate throw or even a deep pass attempt or two.  I can't believe Maimi was able to take that away completely.  I think Buffalo just didn't try.  Maybe it has something to do with a short week of preparation.

Uh, the Josh Allen lead fireworks of the past were fun and all but where did that get us.  Being “boring” with a strong runn8ng game and top defense have long been a way to win championships.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I always try and liken a Bills victory to a movie scene. Last night's I think is the bar fight scene in Legend. Ronnie Kray is Sean McDermott. Reg Kray is Bobby Babich. The Richardson gang are the Miami Dolphins. The Tool is Tua. 

Warning - does contain colourful language and violence. 

Edited by BritBill

Great team win.  Defense played lights out with reserve guys doing an excellent job.

Offense did what was needed to win. Low passing totals from Josh wasn’t about his injured hand, but taking what our defense gave him.  Cook had a great game and is showing he is a dominant back in this league.  Would like to see Josh and his receivers adding more impact.

Hope Bernard isn’t out long.  Will know better if the Bills grab a FA linebacker quickly or not.  Now that I believe he won’t be a game day inactive, looking forward to seeing what Andreesen can do.

Had concerns for this game. Did not expect a blowout at all!  

Lastly.  Hoping Tua doesn’t have long term effect from another concussion.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

There were at least 2 I saw that I was Ay Yi Yi.  Yeah, the throw to Coleman was one of them.  The floater for MVS was the other I think.  It wasn't in danger on that throw because the DB didn't react to it, but a better reaction and yeah, that coulda been theirs.

I disagree - on the MVS throw, MVS was open deep but Josh missed him (he threw on the run and the ball faded to the sidelines on him). Nobody on Miami was within 5 yards of the ball- proper read, slightly off on throw, could have been a big throw.

on the Coleman throw, Coleman was the only one who could have caught it- he looked to get two hands on it and it was knocked away from behind. Again a good read, good tnrow

the bills won by 21 on the road and you’re focusing on this? Josh threw 6 balls in the second half and a rating of 120, or so. Strange thing to focus on, especially when it’s an incorrect analysis. 

12 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Great team win.  Defense played lights out with reserve guys doing an excellent job.

Offense did what was needed to win. Low passing totals from Josh wasn’t about his injured hand, but taking what our defense gave him.  Cook had a great game and is showing he is a dominant back in this league.  Would like to see Josh and his receivers adding more impact.

Hope Bernard isn’t out long.  Will know better if the Bills grab a FA linebacker quickly or not.  Now that I believe he won’t be a game day inactive, looking forward to seeing what Andreesen can do.

Had concerns for this game. Did not expect a blowout at all!  

Lastly.  Hoping Tua doesn’t have long term effect from another concussion.

We don’t have any LBers on the PS so I’d expect the Bills to IR Bernard and sign a veteran LB off the street or off of someone else’s PS very soon. Buffalo Joeks also probably going to see some active duty