Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think you’re being a little hard on Josh none of those balls that were incompletions other then maybe the attempted throw to Coleman where in any danger of being picked. 

There were at least 2 I saw that I was Ay Yi Yi.  Yeah, the throw to Coleman was one of them.  The floater for MVS was the other I think.  It wasn't in danger on that throw because the DB didn't react to it, but a better reaction and yeah, that coulda been theirs.

35 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Something was way off tonight for them. Was it facing a Bills defense who FULLY understands how to "contain" them? Or was it facing a Bills defense who fully understands how to "contain" and frustrate Tua, specifically?

That is an excellent question. As proud as I am of the boys performance tonight Jacksonville wrote the blue print for stopping Miami's high powered receivers and we followed and improved on that blueprint. The timing, quick pass, thing Miami has been successful at might be over, particularly with that O line they have.

23 minutes ago, Lost said:

It's easy when they don't throw the ball.

NFL live today talked about how the Bills have the most run plays in the NFL since Brady took over as OC last year. I couldn’t believe we lead the league in runs. Not crazy about that really, not with Josh as our QB, but I know it’s what McDermott wants. It’s a big reason Dorsey was fired, McD wants to be more of a running team and obviously Brady will do as he’s told. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Yeah, he took out Tua by letting him run head first into his chest.

I wasn’t talking about that. Did you watch the game? Damar Hamlin played an outstanding football game. 

End of story.

3 minutes ago, steven50 said:

As proud as I am of the boys performance tonight Jacksonville wrote the blue print for stopping Miami's high powered receivers and we followed and improved on that blueprint

Jacksonville did?

Jesus. We’ve been doing this since Week 3 of 2022. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I wouldn't do that if I were them.  Or at least think carefully.

Q: how do you tell whether or not there's an alligator in a Florida waterway?

A: you touch it.  If the water is wet, there's an alligator in it

Lmao

13 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

That’s, uh, an interesting recollection of Skylar Thompson’s performance that game. 

18/45 for 220 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT

He put together 1 drive that went over 40 yards… otherwise their scoring drives started from…

Miami 40 (Tyler Bass Kickoff Out of Bounds) 

Buffalo 48 (Josh Allen INT)

Buffalo 27 (Cedrick Wilson Punt Return)

Buffalo 18 (Josh Allen INT) 

Oh, they also scored on a fumble-6 by Zach Sieler to open the 2nd half. 

If Josh didn’t randomly glitch during that game, it had the makings of the Patriots playoff game.

Super fair counter here. Total breakdown on my part with respect to who gets attributed the moxy in that game. We miss SO MUCH detail and context in the stadium. A million pardons, if you please.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, steven50 said:

That is an excellent question. As proud as I am of the boys performance tonight Jacksonville wrote the blue print for stopping Miami's high powered receivers and we followed and improved on that blueprint. The timing, quick pass, thing Miami has been successful at might be over, particularly with that O line they have.

Haven't the Bills had relative success against Hill and Waddle, compared to the rest of the league, for several years now? 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There were at least 2 I saw that I was Ay Yi Yi.  Yeah, the throw to Coleman was one of them.  The floater for MVS was the other I think.  It wasn't in danger on that throw because the DB didn't react to it, but a better reaction and yeah, that coulda been theirs.

The ball to MVS was thrown outta bounds rewatch the game Josh played just fine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I think you've Got It Mixed, My Fine Sir.

If anything, Jax borrowed from us.  Does the phrase "I respect the ***** out of you!" (McDaniel to McDermott) ring a bell?

(Hint: week 4 last season, right after the Fins hung 70 on the Broncos and every pundit was hyping them up)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Haven't the Bills had relative success against Hill and Waddle, compared to the rest of the league, for several years now? 

Waddle has had a couple 100 yard games and averages in the 60s  I don’t think hill has ever cracked low 80s though even back to his time with kc (regular season). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

I feel bad for Tua, but it is also a shame that one of Buffalo’s best wins is a mere sidenote tonight and for sure tomorrow morning on the national talk shows, as 90% of the focus is on Tua’s injury and future than just how big this win was for the Bills tonight. 

Who cares though? I mean really? We've been a high profile team with tons of national coverage for years. Tua needs to consider retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Would've loved to see McDermott's 9/11 speech to his defense.  Shocked at how they dominated them.

I'm not really. It looked similar to Bills game against Fins in the Heat Stroke game when they were playing with an entire secondary of backups.  Tua with about 150 yards Passing for the game, take away almost everything deep, force them to run and dink and dunk. McDaniels does a lot of motions and misdirections but once you take away deep throws and disrupt timing by playing physical, it makes it a lot harder for the Dolphins and they don't really have a counter punch. 

Sure, they ran the ball well with Achane...OK cool...Bills will give that up all day long. They are never winning the game by Achane being the best player from them. Hill did nothing, Waddle had one decent grab for like 20 yards, that was pretty much it. I mean are they supposed to worry about Tua scrambling on 3rd down? Whatever...he can get a first down here or there, what is he going to do to you?

McDermott is a brilliant defensive mind and just as good making sure every player on the roster is able to step in and play without missing a beat when needed, which is something a lot of teams don't spend a lot of time on...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Billznut said:

NFL live today talked about how the Bills have the most run plays in the NFL since Brady took over as OC last year. I couldn’t believe we lead the league in runs. Not crazy about that really, not with Josh as our QB, but I know it’s what McDermott wants. It’s a big reason Dorsey was fired, McD wants to be more of a running team and obviously Brady will do as he’s told. 

I'm good with the offense going through Cook.  Felt the same way last year.  It opens a lot of options 

• Like (+1) 3