Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I feel bad for Tua, but it is also a shame that one of Buffalo’s best wins is a mere sidenote tonight and for sure tomorrow morning on the national talk shows, as 90% of the focus is on Tua’s injury and future than just how big this win was for the Bills tonight. 

As well as it should be.  There is so much talk of non-football fans and injuries.  It even is affecting young people playing the game.

The Bills can stay under the radar for all I care.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Do coaches have to get piss tested? McDaniel came late to the press conference and could barely form sentences.

He looked high af in the 4th qrtr.

Either that or he was crying at some point.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

What set the tone? First drive. Let's go for it on 4th down.

Oh crap, we're all messed up. Ok, let's take a time out and think about it.

Right, so we thought about it. I think you need to get out there and run the damn 4th down play.

Result was the first touchdown and even when the Dolphins tied it, the confidence was there that said "we're going to do what we want to do and you're not stopping us."

We have a nice staple of running backs I think will come in handy down the road in some cold weather sloppy games

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

90% of the focus is on Tua’s injury and future

I feel strongly that his coach and the Dolphins organization put him in the position he is in today. When He was concussed in the Bills Miami game 2 years ago They

allowed him to play the next week" back injury". He was severely concussed again, Game over.

Edited by DaVinci
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

As well as it should be.  There is so much talk of non-football fans and injuries.  It even is affecting young people playing the game.

The Bills can stay under the radar for all I care.

The Bills end AFC East QB careers, folks. 

Tua twice now. ARod last season. We effing end dudes. Kind of old school. 

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It really is troubling.  This story is not going away anytime soon.  I hope he makes the right decision whatever that ends up being.

I do think Fitz was right - pop him on IR. Take the camera off his every practice report for a few weeks and let him figure it out. Odds are it’s a few weeks anyway. Take away the daily discussion of it for a couple weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He has an addiction history does he not? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

He was an excessive drinker when he was younger if I remember right.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

He doen't even look like a football coach....he looks like someone who won a contest to be Head Coach for a day.

He looks like he should be working in the computer section of your local Best Buy.

If Tua is done, McDaniel’s head coaching days in Miami will be numbered as well. They will start losing a lot of games and he will inevitably be fired. He already knows what’s coming. Hence the look on his face tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was an excessive drinker when he was younger if I remember right.

It’s not fair to expect him to forget all the people he serial killed without a little booze or substance abuse.  And he’s got a Dahmer level vibe.

• Haha (+1) 2

One name that I just realized I didn't hear called once during the game was "Better That Rousseau AINEC" Jaelan Phillips.

Didn't even realize he was playing except watching highlights of Spencer Brown stymie'ing him.

• Agree 1

It was a great win tonight, and we can absolutely enjoy it for a few days.  But, as much as it pains me to think about, we have to figure out a way to right a lot of wrongs and beat the Jags next Monday night.  For whatever reason, the dumbest things keep happening to us against that team and we can never beat them even when we are by far the superior team.

It seems like every time we play them we get a bunch of devastating injuries, fluke things happen, and we never look like the team we know we are against them.  So, yeah.....rest up and enjoy this win, but it's time to find a way to right a bunch or wrongs from over the last several years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1